G&T

Service Request Response =**((

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I called the NSCS as I am already on the 5 months mark , I placed a service request, and this is what they answered...

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending.

Until the security checks have been completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These security checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

The really got to be kidding me, is like my file has been collecting dust all this time on someones desk, so frustrating. And now what?? =(. The funny thing is that I obtain my citizenship last year, how difficult is to run a back ground check on info that should be fresh in their system.

THey also do background checks on the beneficiary...

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I called the NSCS as I am already on the 5 months mark , I placed a service request, and this is what they answered...

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending.

Until the security checks have been completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These security checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

The really got to be kidding me, is like my file has been collecting dust all this time on someones desk, so frustrating. And now what?? =(. The funny thing is that I obtain my citizenship last year, how difficult is to run a back ground check on info that should be fresh in their system.

After your file was received it was quickly reviewed for completeness, your check was cashed, and your file went into a box which was then forwarded to a USCIS service center. There it waited for several months until that particular box moved to the head of the line, at which time an adjudicator pulled the box from the shelf and started working on the files inside. When they got to yours they ran a security check and something apparently came up that required further checks.

Collecting dust? Yes, that's exactly what your file has been doing. It wasn't your turn yet.

In all likelihood it's not USCIS' system that's causing the delay, but the system at the FBI or CIA or NSA or some other three letter US government security agency. The security hit could have been about you or your fiancee, or maybe it isn't about either of you but just someone with a similar name or other biological data. Not much you can do other than wait until they've cleared both of you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well were in the hurry up and wait club. You for K1 us for AOS, i think oiurs is just moving to the do to pile. Security hits take time to check, it makes your file not easy and get put aside until other person responsible for figuring it our is done. Both people need to be cleared.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In all likelihood it's not USCIS' system that's causing the delay, but the system at the FBI or CIA or NSA or some other three letter US government security agency. The security hit could have been about you or your fiancee, or maybe it isn't about either of you but just someone with a similar name or other biological data. Not much you can do other than wait until they've cleared both of you.

I really hope so because I can't still figure out for which reason they are running more checks on us. It is what is ,

I just hope that they don't really take the 6 months time frame. ={

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.