Sofiyya

Different rules for Palestinians?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hmmm, I never noticed that you ever had a Palestinian flag.

You changed your flag from Morocco (for years?) to Palestine, coincidentally, within about a 4 to 12 hour period after I temporarily changed my flag to Palestine.

Don't think I don't know/remember :yes:

Timeline

Christian Missionaries were sent in to do that in the colonial days. Terrorist missionaries :lol:

That would make the US a supporter of terrorism, as the mission of Special Forces is to engage in guerrilla actions, i.e. recruit from the indigenous population to destabilize the current regime in a foreign country.

I liked it better when there was more sex talk and not so much religious talk.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I still care about the #######. I just don't know anything about Palestine #######.

Do you know anything about Alaskan #######? I have to admit, Iv'e never hooked up with a sassy little British lass.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Back to topic, I consider it strange and in fact offensive that the flag of a non-country with known terrorist elements is allowed to be posted on VJ. To my knowledge, Palestine is the only non-country with a flag that VJ members can post.

I also believe that Israel should not be lumped in with the countries of the MENA forum, because "Israel" VJ members cannot freely post in that forum. If I can find an earlier post from one such member (who is very polite, knowledgeable, and well-regarded), I'll quote it.

I believe that it would be valuable to have an official answer regarding the above concerns.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Back to topic, I consider it strange and in fact offensive that the flag of a non-country with known terrorist elements is allowed to be posted on VJ. To my knowledge, Palestine is the only non-country with a flag that VJ members can post.

You are incorrect. Taiwan and the Cook Islands are represented by flags on VJ, and both of them are "non-states." Also, there are many other countries represented on VJ that have "known terrorist elements" - Afghanistan and India are just two of them.

I also believe that Israel should not be lumped in with the countries of the MENA forum, because "Israel" VJ members cannot freely post in that forum. If I can find an earlier post from one such member (who is very polite, knowledgeable, and well-regarded), I'll quote it.

I believe that it would be valuable to have an official answer regarding the above concerns.

What gives you the notion that VJ's Israel members cannot post freely in the MENA forum ? Try searching member Shai Chai - she used to post quite a bit.

And who are you to request that the Israel members be segregated ? If those members really feel they want their own forum, I am sure they will request it themselves, rather than have you dictate it to them.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Chuck misses me when he's over there :wub:

:luv:

Do you know anything about Alaskan #######? I have to admit, Iv'e never hooked up with a sassy little British lass.

:secret: amby's a native born usc.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

The Vatican is on here, and I can't open a masjid there, so I guess I'll be offended about that.

On the MENA board, there are Christian and Jewish women married/engaged to Muslim men, so, if you're not prejudiced, the MENA board is open to all.

Start your own thread for that.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

You are incorrect. Taiwan and the Cook Islands are represented by flags on VJ, and both of them are "non-states." Also, there are many other countries represented on VJ that have "known terrorist elements" - Afghanistan and India are just two of them.

Cuba's on here, too, and they're a state sponsor of terrorism, according to our Dept of State.

Timeline
Taiwan and the Cook Islands are represented by flags on VJ, and both of them are "non-states."
Good research -- thanks. I don't agree with the option to choose their flags, either.
Also, there are many other countries represented on VJ that have "known terrorist elements" - Afghanistan and India are just two of them.
They're sovereign nations.
Try searching member Shai Chai - she used to post quite a bit.
Simple question: One who "used to post" out of how many who haven't and don't?
And who are you to request that the Israel members be segregated ? If those members really feel they want their own forum, I am sure they will request it themselves, rather than have you dictate it to them.
If you'll please read accurately, I requested (dictated) nothing of the sort. My thought was that, because several of the MENA countries appear to be corrupt monarchies, strongman regimes, or regressive theocracies, perhaps Israel could be considered more Western European (or similar) in government and culture, and be associated with a compatible VJ regional subforum. However, your idea of a separate Israel forum is great, too, if the members want it! :)

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Start your own thread for that.
Are you trying to "restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums" by telling one user what to do while ignoring many earlier messages about (for example) penises? Is this a TOS issue?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Good research -- thanks. I don't agree with the option to choose their flags, either.They're sovereign nations.Simple question: One who "used to post" out of how many who haven't and don't?If you'll please read accurately, I requested (dictated) nothing of the sort. My thought was that, because several of the MENA countries appear to be corrupt monarchies, strongman regimes, or regressive theocracies, perhaps Israel could be considered more Western European (or similar) in government and culture, and be associated with a compatible VJ regional subforum. However, your idea of a separate Israel forum is great, too, if the members want it! :)

It's your claim that the Israel members "can't post freely" in MENA - it's on you to back it up. So gather your research.

Also (speaking of reading accurately) I didn't make any suggestion that there should be a separate forum. I said it's up to the Israel members to decide if they wish to ask for a separate forum (not to mention that it's their business to assess whether they feel "free to post" or not.) You seem to have taken the liberty of speaking for them.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.