RandyN

Montreal Interviews

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

EXACTLY!!!!! Well said soulmates, I personally know someone in England who had there interview within a month... I completely agree if they would just open up the calender so we KNEW would be so great!!! Thats exactly what I said to the lady I spoke with, I wouldn't mind it being in February as long as I knew!! Anyways I am done posting on the thread today, other then if there are appointments :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

My point is it should be the same at every Consulate – at the very least – it should be equal in Vancouver and Montreal as to availability. If you live in Ontario – god knows when and if you’ll ever get an interview but if you live in Saskatchewan you get an appointment in 12 days?? When both parties have satisfied the same conditions – that is not right. They should make it right. Their website states (word for word) that if you find an appt at another Consulate (that could be the UK right)- and you are ‘able’ to travel there you can go. But when I emailed Vancouver taking this verbatim right from the website, they said “you aren’t in our jurisdiction – contact Montreal for an interview” . What they are doing is if your company was paying someone in Saskatchewan $100,000.00 for the same job you’re doing here and your salary being $30,000.00. It just doesn’t make any sense at all and that is all we are saying. I agree with RyanandJen – I am done posting today unless it’s to tell you all that some appts have opened up. Let’s all try please just post positive things or if we get appts – my blood pressure is elevated enough just with the insane way that Montreal is set up as opposed to all other US Consulates – including the other Canadian one right here in our own backyard.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We all have the same common goal. I agree with both sides of this argument but i also cannot just sit and do nothing. Maybe we are wasting out time typing and calling the consulate but at least we FEEL like we are doing somthing, even if nothing comes of it. At least we are TRYING to help with all this insanity. So if sending emails and making phone calls make me feel better... I am all over it. At lease I can say that I tried.

I would do anything to be with Marc as fast as possible.

In the end, no arguments are needed..there is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion people. We are all working toward a common goal - to be with the one we love - and what ever could be wrong with that!

:)

I will post as soon as I see a thing!

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

What they are doing is if your company was paying someone in Saskatchewan $100,000.00 for the same job you’re doing here and your salary being $30,000.00

...That actually happens. It's called cost of living and it varies from place to place. People in Los Angeles get paid 20-40% more than people doing the same job in South Dakota. People in China get paid 300% less than people in America for the same job.

The population density varies from province to province. There are a lot more people in the area serviced by Montreal than by Vancouver.

We all have the same common goal. I agree with both sides of this argument but i also cannot just sit and do nothing. Maybe we are wasting out time typing and calling the consulate but at least we FEEL like we are doing somthing, even if nothing comes of it. At least we are TRYING to help with all this insanity. So if sending emails and making phone calls make me feel better... I am all over it. At lease I can say that I tried.

What I am trying to point out that in an effort to make yourself FEEL better it only compounds one of the problems of Montreal which is a backup on email responses. By trying you are hampering the problem.

My suggestion, if you really care about the state of the consulate beyond your own application, is that after your interview you talk to people you meet and encourage them to do their job the best they can. Tell them there are many more people besides you looking to come to America and even if they are a lowly cleric encouraging them to work as hard as they can because you know how much it affected you.

If people are upset with me I apologized. I am not opposed to the idea of fixing the problem but I will say that part of my frustration comes from the fact that I believe many people here won't care about this problem at all when they get their interview. It is selfish motivations for most claiming that they are trying to band together to make things better when in reality all they care about is their own problem. Perhaps I am cynical about peoples motives but I've seen this a lot in my short life and I am apt to argue the other side in response to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What I am trying to point out that in an effort to make yourself FEEL better it only compounds one of the problems of Montreal which is a backup on email responses. By trying you are hampering the problem.

My suggestion, if you really care about the state of the consulate beyond your own application, is that after your interview you talk to people you meet and encourage them to do their job the best they can. Tell them there are many more people besides you looking to come to America and even if they are a lowly cleric encouraging them to work as hard as they can because you know how much it affected you.

If people are upset with me I apologized. I am not opposed to the idea of fixing the problem but I will say that part of my frustration comes from the fact that I believe many people here won't care about this problem at all when they get their interview. It is selfish motivations for most claiming that they are trying to band together to make things better when in reality all they care about is their own problem. Perhaps I am cynical about peoples motives but I've seen this a lot in my short life and I am apt to argue the other side in response to it.

I have seen people on this site secure their own interviews and still keep checking to help others :)

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yep, do let us know if anyone sees the calendar open up!! See you all in Montreal. :)

Just popping in to say still waiting and checking here as well. I'm really hoping some Nov. and Dec. open up soon.

K-1 Visa

October 8, 2010: Engaged
March 10, 2011: Filed Petition
March 14, 2011: NOA 1
June 23, 2011: NOA 2
July 19, 2011: Packet 3 received
August 1, 2011: Packet 4 received
November 29, 2011: Interview at Montreal (Approved)
December 8, 2011: Placed into AP (lasted 72 days)
February 22, 2012: Visa in hand!
February 24, 2012: POE (Peace Bridge)
March 9, 2012: Married!

AOS Journey

March 14, 2012: Mailed I-485 (AOS)
May 24, 2012: I-485 NOA
June 18, 2012: Biometrics

March 15, 2013: Service Request

March 27, 2013: Service Request Response

April 26, 2013: APPROVAL!

May 7, 2013: GC Recieved

Hi Everyone, Hoping we all see the calendar open up this week. From what I can see on VJ it's approaching a month since they've opened up any appointments. Again, let's all be sure to post here as soon as anyone is able to book an appointment. Much thanks. :)

Question (unable to get an answer from the website or by emailing Montreal) - does anyone know what time of the day they release the calendar/appointments? Could it be after hours and on weekends as well. I wondered myself it would be between the core business hours of say 8 am to 5 pm. That way we could know when to watch the website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.