RandyN

Montreal Interviews

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe the day is almost here, my interview is tomorrow at 8:30, I am so nervous!! Anyone have any tips??

PS: we are staying at the travelodge, we had to park 2 blocks away and its going to cost $20!!! The room is super small (me and a friend) so its 2 twin beds, the bathroom only has a stand up shower... its clean, and the service seems good, but overall I should have spent $20 more to stay at a better hotel!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I can't believe the day is almost here, my interview is tomorrow at 8:30, I am so nervous!! Anyone have any tips??

PS: we are staying at the travelodge, we had to park 2 blocks away and its going to cost $20!!! The room is super small (me and a friend) so its 2 twin beds, the bathroom only has a stand up shower... its clean, and the service seems good, but overall I should have spent $20 more to stay at a better hotel!

Good luck!! You'll do fine. Like everyone said - it really "is" the easiest part of the whole process. The officers were very friendly and make you feel so comfortable. Just have all your papers and have them organized, don't take a large purse or bag or any electronic devices as a cell phone, smile, be honest, look them in the eyes - and you're good!! Let us know how you did. I had mine on the 4th and received my Visa at DHL on the 11th so a week to the day! You'll be there soon!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Thanks so much Soulmates :) :) I can't wait to be done!!! I booked my plane ticket down on Dec 3rd so I'm there for my birthday/holidays so I sure hope my passport comes back quickly!!! I booked it 14 days after so hopefully that is enough!

I have everything organized in an expandable file, and all of the copies separate in order of the checklist, so hopefully I'm good :)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks so much Soulmates :) :) I can't wait to be done!!! I booked my plane ticket down on Dec 3rd so I'm there for my birthday/holidays so I sure hope my passport comes back quickly!!! I booked it 14 days after so hopefully that is enough!

I have everything organized in an expandable file, and all of the copies separate in order of the checklist, so hopefully I'm good :)

Hi Again Jen - I meant to email you too - sorry, it's been hectic what with the interview and work. And working on getting a health insurance policy - got that btw!! yayyyyyy. So the expandable file is perfect and you know they are so patient - when they ask for something they are so calm and give you time - they don't glare at you - they are usually doing something with the previous paper you gave them and don't make you feel pressured if you can't pull it out immediately. The guy i had was so funny too - he tried to make us feel comfortable and he did that! You'll be fine and I know me and one other VJ friend got our passports and visas within a week - so seems they're caught up at the moment - so you should be good to go. :dance: good luck again, I'll be thinking of you! :)

Timeline

Oh thats fantastic about the health insurance!!! If you don't mind me asking, what company were you able to go through?? I think we spoke about me having a preexisting... I can get it through my hubby's work but its expensive!! That is so great to hear everything is going well, and how nice they are at the embassy!! No worries about emailing me, I understand!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was the 22nd! We are waiting for our shipment from DHL but I was not provided a tracking number. Is there any way to track it besides calling?

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was the 22nd! We are waiting for our shipment from DHL but I was not provided a tracking number. Is there any way to track it besides calling?

congratulations on having that done! I called the DOS and they told me the parcel was ready for pick up but they could not give me any number. I called DHL and same thing no way to track until it is picked up and there is a waybill number. I had my interview on a wednesday and on the following tuesday night at 10:30 I got an email from DHL saying the parcel was picked up and the waybill number. At 8 a.m. the next morning I got a call from DHL saying the parcel was there ready for pickup. So you should be hearing from them soon! AT least that's how it went for me but I was picking up the parcel at the DHL office in London.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome! Thanks so much!

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.