Ryan76

random questions about I-129f package...

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Okay, time to revive this thread as I have now received all of the signed documents from my fiance and I'm in the final stages of making copies of everything I'm going to send, and also trying to piece together all of the information to "front load" the petition for proof of evidence. I started a separate topic in the Latin America forum (my fiance is in Bogota, Colombia) with questions about the Embassy in Colombia and what types of questions they ask, etc.

But for now I just have a lot of general questions about details of how to efficiently submit all of this information and have it organized in a simple yet effective way.

For example....a lot of stuff from the "proof of having met in two years" packet could also overlap and be in the "proof of ongoing relationship" packet. Like plane tickets (i've been there twice in 2 years and also have a 3rd itinerary and tickets purchased for this winter). Do I include copies in both folder/packets? Same goes for photos. I printed out like 8 photos of my fiance and I from our first vacation, and about 5 from our second vacation. In my "proof of having met" packet and my "proof of ongoing relationship" packet should I just put a note that says "see photos", which are attached separately in a ziplock bag?

When I am actually putting everything together, should I just print a cover letter with everything in it, and then put the items in the folders in the same order? Would that be okay or do I need to attach folder tabs and literally have each piece of paper labeled? Or will they just thumb through it page by page to see everything?

I feel like I have everything ready to go (just need to print, highlight and label some more things), but I'm sort of stressing about how to physically put all this together in the best way.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

You're really overthinking this! :lol: Keep it simple.

No need for any fancy folder or any tabs or anything. A cover letter and then arranging the documents in the same order is just fine. USCIS will rearrange it anyway.

For proof of having met in two years, I'd put your plane tickets, boarding passes, and a couple of pictures. Throw the rest in "proof of ongoing relationship" ... like I said, it'll all get rearranged anyway.

Clip it all together, stuff it in an envelope, and send it on its way.

Timeline

You're really overthinking this! :lol: Keep it simple.

No need for any fancy folder or any tabs or anything. A cover letter and then arranging the documents in the same order is just fine. USCIS will rearrange it anyway.

For proof of having met in two years, I'd put your plane tickets, boarding passes, and a couple of pictures. Throw the rest in "proof of ongoing relationship" ... like I said, it'll all get rearranged anyway.

Clip it all together, stuff it in an envelope, and send it on its way.

Okay, thank you for telling me I'm over thinking it! I have a tendency to do this with everything (i get it from my father), but something this important really makes me worry about every last detail. I just keep worrying that some little error will derail the whole thing and cost us an extra month or whatever. Anyway, thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I wasn't saying they get adjudicated there. I was just saying that on the I-129F cover letter it asks for "address of your service center".

That is a sample cover letter provided by VJ, IF you want to use one. You do not need a cover letter and it does not need an address.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay, thank you for telling me I'm over thinking it! I have a tendency to do this with everything (i get it from my father), but something this important really makes me worry about every last detail. I just keep worrying that some little error will derail the whole thing and cost us an extra month or whatever. Anyway, thanks again

Coverletter is not important. How the file is organized is not important, it will be disassembled when it gets there anyway.

The ONLY thing important is to make SURE everything needed gets in the envelope. An error will not derail ANYthing, it will result in an RFE, which you will answer and life goes on.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I'm proofreading my I-129-F again before I make printed copies. In the box under question 18 where it asks you to describe how you met, is it okay if I simply write "see attached" and then attach a separate sheet with a full description of how we met and how our relationship progressed the first few months? Or do I try to sum it up in a few sentences and then write "see attached" for a more detailed description.

Also, How long is too long for this statement / letter / description? Is 2 or 3 paragraphs too long or just right?

One more thing...I've sent my fiance money 8-10 times through moneygram for her birthday, to pay for english classes, etc. Is there a downside to sending copies of the receipts as proof of ongoing relationship?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.