Ryan76

random questions about I-129f package...

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks.

Unfortunately every time I look at this paperwork I have another question.

On the G-325A form, in the top line next to citizenship/nationality, it asks for "File Number". Then at the bottom it asks you to "print your full name and alien registration number". If the G-325A is the first step of the process, how could we possibly have an "alien registration number" or "file number"? I assume we just leave those blank or write "none"?

Out of curiosity, why do they need you to print your name after you've already typed it and signed it...are they just trying to get people to slip up and write something incorrectly or what? It seems like they are intentionally being confusing. At the top where you type your name it refers to your first name as "first name". In the box at the bottom where you print it, it refers to your first name as "given name". This can be confusing for people who are still learning english, or someone like my fiance who is from a culture where you have 4 names.

Anyway, after I get answers to the questions I just asked I think that will be it for me today :wacko: but I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow :help:

Thanks for all your help

Timeline

Thanks.

Unfortunately every time I look at this paperwork I have another question.

On the G-325A form, in the top line next to citizenship/nationality, it asks for "File Number". Then at the bottom it asks you to "print your full name and alien registration number". If the G-325A is the first step of the process, how could we possibly have an "alien registration number" or "file number"? I assume we just leave those blank or write "none"?

Out of curiosity, why do they need you to print your name after you've already typed it and signed it...are they just trying to get people to slip up and write something incorrectly or what? It seems like they are intentionally being confusing. At the top where you type your name it refers to your first name as "first name". In the box at the bottom where you print it, it refers to your first name as "given name". This can be confusing for people who are still learning english, or someone like my fiance who is from a culture where you have 4 names.

Anyway, after I get answers to the questions I just asked I think that will be it for me today :wacko: but I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow :help:

Thanks for all your help

Can anyone answer my question about the "alien registration number" it says she is supposed to write next to the boxes for her to print her full name at the bottom of the G325A?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can anyone answer my question about the "alien registration number" it says she is supposed to write next to the boxes for her to print her full name at the bottom of the G325A?

she does not have one. Write NONE. She will have one after she gets approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Address is not important on cover letters or letters of intent. Looks nice on the samples, but isn't needed. USCIS now uses the lockbox.

Letter of intent msy be original signature. G-325a doies not even have to be signed (see internal memo below) but if you are signing the letter of intent, why not? If you send the G-325 unsigened be sure to mention it in the cover letter and attach a cioy of the memo (not all adjudicators read all internal office memos)

I guess if address isn't that important on these items then my next question might be moot. I am putting the USCIS Dallas lockbox on my letter of intent...I assume my Fiance puts the same address on her letter of intent?

I guess if address isn't that important on these items then my next question might be moot. I am putting the USCIS Dallas lockbox on my letter of intent...I assume my Fiance puts the same address on her letter of intent?

Sure, make both the same.

When it comes to interview time, you (the USC) will need to write another letter of intent with a date closer to the interview. When that comes around, use the embassy's address where she'll have her interview. FYI. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay, so I need to get her the documents that need to be signed ASAP. Just to be sure...the only two things that have to be signed by her are the G325a form and the Fiance letter of intent, correct? And then is it optional for her to also write and sign a letter describing how we met?

I just want to make sure she has everything signed that needs to be signed before she ships me her paperwork.

Don't forget to have her send a US-sized passport photo with her signed documents as well.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks for looking out for me! But she sent me her passport size photo last week and I printed it out myself.

I'm typing up the letter of intent right now, and I went to the USCIS website to verify the address and I saw they have two different addresses....one for US Mail and one for Express mail and Courier deliveries. I'm not sure why they have completely different addresses (even different cities), but is there a benefit of one versus the other?

----------------------

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Edited by Ryan76

Thanks for looking out for me! But she sent me her passport size photo last week and I printed it out myself.

I'm typing up the letter of intent right now, and I went to the USCIS website to verify the address and I saw they have two different addresses....one for US Mail and one for Express mail and Courier deliveries. I'm not sure why they have completely different addresses (even different cities), but is there a benefit of one versus the other?

----------------------

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

No benefit. If you're using USPS (most people do), use the Dallas address.

Timeline

since your getting all these forms signed, then get the ds-3032 choice of agent signed also,

Okay, so I just logged in to ask another question...and now after reading this I have two questions.

First, I was going to tell you that we decided to send the proof of ongoing relationship packet along withe the I-129-F packet. I'm at work right now and don't have much time to research....but my question was whether nor not my Fiance has to sign anything or write any letters for this step. She is ready to send me her signed G325A form and signed letter of intent. We wanted to be absolutely sure there was nothing else that needed to be signed for the I129F packet and the proof of ongoing relationship packet.

Secondly, this ds-3032 that you mentioned...maybe I'm unprepared or not as well-studied as I thought I was, but I hadn't even heard of this. After a quick google search and skimming over it, it appears that it will give me (the petitioner) rights to pay for things and receive mail and information on her behalf? I'm still a little fuzzy on what this is. I'm paying for her English class every month so me sending her money isn't a big deal. But I'm a little confused on "document collection".

can someone simply lay this out for me? The mail in Bogota isn't great, so I assume i would want things sent to me. Does that mean she receives nothing via mail and I would need to DHL or FedEx documents to her?

And if I'm understanding correctly this ds-3032 form is something i will have her sign now and I just hold onto it until they ask me for it (in other words I do not send it with the I-129-F packet).

Please help me out if you can. Ugh...feels like every time I have a grasp on all the details something else pops up...but thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

Timeline

Sorry to bump the thread (is that frowned upon here?), but I'm trying to get my questions answered (see previous comment), and I'm going to be working pretty much until 10:00 or 11:00pm tonight.

To re-summarize:

I'm preparing to send the I129F packet AND the proof of ongoing relationship packet together. My fiance is ready to ship me her signed G-325-A and her signed Letter of Intent. I already have her printed passport size photos. Is there anything else in these two steps that need to be signed by her?

Concerning this ds-3032 form...unfortunately I'm just now hearing of this and trying to learn all the details while I'm working - juggling like 5 things at once right now. Can someone give me some advice on how I should handle this? My fiance is in Bogota Colombia and the standard mail is not very good there (if that makes a difference). More or less I'm just looking for a cliff's notes on this document and someone to advise me what is best. If my fiance is going to need to sign this at some point in the future we might as well get it signed now.

Thanks again everyone....I'll try to check back as soon as possible :)

I've never heard of that DS-3032 form either, so no advice there. Perhaps that's something specific to Colombia, you might want to check that country's regional forum for more information on that.

For the original petition, no, the beneficiary does not need to sign anything other than the G-325A and the letter of intent.

Here is what you should be sending in:

• A check/money order for the filing fee. I forget what it is now ... $340? Something like that, check and make sure.
  • Cover letter (not necessary, but good to have anyway)
  • I-129F filled out and signed by you, the petitioner. Original signature. Go over this many times to make sure you've left nothing blank.
  • G-325A signed by you, as well as two passport pictures attached of yourself. Write your name on the back of these.
  • G-325A signed by the beneficiary, as well as two passport pictures of her. Write her name on the back of these.
  • Letter of intent signed by you, original signature.
  • Letter of intent signed by her, original signature.
  • Proof of your US citizenship. A copy of your birth certificate, or a copy of all pages of your passport.
  • Proof of having met in person in the last 2 years.
  • Proof of ongoing relationship. Not necessary for everyone, but no harm in front loading your petition with it.

You can also include the G-1145 which is a form that you fill out if you want e-notification of your application being received. I filled this out and never got any notification, but whatever.

Hope having it all listed in one place helps you out a bit.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

I've never heard of that DS-3032 form either, so no advice there. Perhaps that's something specific to Colombia, you might want to check that country's regional forum for more information on that.

For the original petition, no, the beneficiary does not need to sign anything other than the G-325A and the letter of intent.

Here is what you should be sending in:

• A check/money order for the filing fee. I forget what it is now ... $340? Something like that, check and make sure.
  • Cover letter (not necessary, but good to have anyway)
  • I-129F filled out and signed by you, the petitioner. Original signature. Go over this many times to make sure you've left nothing blank.
  • G-325A signed by you, as well as two passport pictures attached of yourself. Write your name on the back of these.
  • G-325A signed by the beneficiary, as well as two passport pictures of her. Write her name on the back of these.
  • Letter of intent signed by you, original signature.
  • Letter of intent signed by her, original signature.
  • Proof of your US citizenship. A copy of your birth certificate, or a copy of all pages of your passport.
  • Proof of having met in person in the last 2 years.
  • Proof of ongoing relationship. Not necessary for everyone, but no harm in front loading your petition with it.

You can also include the G-1145 which is a form that you fill out if you want e-notification of your application being received. I filled this out and never got any notification, but whatever.

Hope having it all listed in one place helps you out a bit.

Awesome...thanks. I still haven't had time yet to look at this DS-3032 form, but regardless...maybe I should have her sign it and leave all the info blank...that way I can use it in the future if necessary.

oh...and i didn't even know there was a colombia forum :bonk: . I've only utilized the K-1 forums, form downloads, and examples forms.

Edited by Ryan76

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.