Calibraguy

Service to community

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I'm currently applying on Citizenship based on the 5 year rule. The last 5 years I also been a volunteer Police officer and have worked as a patrol officer when needed, this on a volunteer base without pay. Will this help when I apply for citizenship?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm currently applying on Citizenship based on the 5 year rule. The last 5 years I also been a volunteer Police officer and have worked as a patrol officer when needed, this on a volunteer base without pay. Will this help when I apply for citizenship?

no, it has nothing to do with citizenship. do you work and pay taxes? if not why not, on the N400 there is a question about not paying taxes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Being a volunteer or a cop doesn't really help you pass a test. Getting Citizenship is about passing the test not being a volunteer.

Study up if you haven't!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Yes I do work, have had the same job since I became a permanent resident, and I pay my share of taxes

good for your in serving.

but community service has no bearing in a citizenship test and interview.

Timeline

The test should not be hard, I looked through it and most of it I know. But I will study it hard before my interview September 26th. Reason I ask was because my Chief Of Police gave me a letter (I did not even ask for it) were he praise my service to the Police Department and community and told me to bring it with me to my interview.

Timeline

The test should not be hard, I looked through it and most of it I know. But I will study it hard before my interview September 26th. Reason I ask was because my Chief Of Police gave me a letter (I did not even ask for it) were he praise my service to the Police Department and community and told me to bring it with me to my interview.

you can take if you want just for the sake of telling your chief that you did, but the officer doesn't need it, nor will they ask you for it.

the officer will review your N400 and ask you questions about it,

you will also have to read a sentence and write the answer.

Timeline

I'll bring it with me due to my respect for my chief. For anyone interested this is my tracker. Service senter Dallas and USCIS local office New Orleans.

7/6/11. USCIS received date

7/15/11 FP notice

8/9/11 FP done

8/27/11 Interview letter

9/26/11 Interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Would be more concerned if you joined the Nazi party in 1933. As a volunteer in an organization, would certainly list that in that organizations sections you were/are a member of. As well as other "anti-American" organizations like the United Way.

Now if you came here with an inappropriate visa and worked, would have major problems, but is okay to due community volunteer work for free. As a LPR, they want you work and pay lots and lots of taxes.

Ha, spent less than 90 minutes with my wife and stepdaughter reviewing those one hundred questions and answers in the drive over. Both got the first six correct and that was it. LOL, but doubt if either could do that the day after.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.