5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, I've read the Kingston Consulate forum but Im still not clear.. What is the packet 3? There's a part where it says you have to fill out a D156 or something like that online and then bring two copies? Do they mean copies of the form filled out or blank copies? Also, do you have to wait until they mail you packet 3 or can u upload the forms and send it to them when you are sure that the nvc has sent it to the consulate? Please let me know. Thanks.

Timeline

Hi FB14, I am waiting on packet 3 as well. This is a good link I found last night from another Jamaica VJ member a few months ago. You can look at the letter she posted that shows exactly what packet 3 looks like. It looks like once your fiance gets packet 3, they just have to send in the DS-230 right away in order to have the interview scheduled, then everything else gets taken to the interview.

Thanks again to DarlingNikki for the help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292846-jamaica-packet-34-info/

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

See below!

Nicole-N-Nattoy, on 27 January 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

A lady from the embassy called Natoy and told him she was emailing packet 3. In her email she said to send in DS-156, DS-156k, DS-157, DS-230. THAT IS WRONG!! You are to only send in DS-230pt. 1 for and interview date.

Natoy then went and applied for a non-impediment to show he has never been married. Runs around 8,000JA.

After we sent in the DS-230pt1 there was another problem becuase in the email it also told us to send to Monroe RD. NO WE WERE TO SEND IT TO OLD HOPE RD. So Nattoy went and filled out another DS-230 and sent it to the right address.

Then a week went by and still no packet 4. So Nattoy emailed kingstonivinfo@state.gov. He put are case number on the subject line which will get you a faster response. Then BAM!!! 10 minutes later they emialed us packet 4!!!!!

WHICH READ:This office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview in the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below. This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.

Please see the enclosed information for further instruction about the medical examination required for all intending immigrants. Be sure to read all of the enclosed information and follow the instructions very carefully. When communicating with this office either by telephone or letter, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

After you receive your appointment letter, schedule your medical examination at least seven days prior to the date of your visa interview. The date of your visa interview appears on your appointment letter. Failure to complete your medical examination well in advance of your visa interview will result in delays with your visa application, so take your exam at the earliest opportunity.

There are three medical facilities authorized to perform examinations for immigrant visas. Have your exam done at the location most convenient for you. You must call ahead to schedule a specific appointment time with the doctor of your choice. You will pay the clinic’s fee when you arrive

K-1 (Fiance(e)) Visa Appointment Checklist

Please obtain all of the documents requested before the date of your interview. Failure to do so will result in delayed processing of your application.

_____Two completed copies of all application forms:

- Form DS-156 http://evisaforms.state.gov or http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html

- Form DS-156K (do not sign) http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html

- Form DS-157 http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html

_____Passport: Valid for travel 6 months beyond date of visa issuance.

_____Photographs: Six (6) color photographs that show a full front view of facial features.

¬¬¬_____Birth Certificate: Certified copy in the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper for you and any accompanying children.

¬¬¬_____Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate or Divorce Decree: For all previous marriages.

_____Police Certificate: From all countries (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than a year since your 16th birthday. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

_____Court Records: If you have been convicted of a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military.

_____Certificate(s) of Non-Impediment to Marriage: Issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper for you and any children aged 18 or older.

_____Evidence of Support: Typically, evidence submitted will consist of a Form I-134 http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html completed by the petitioning fiancé/fiancée along with the sponsor’s most current taxes and W2 statements, current bank statements, earnings statements, and an employment letter.

_____Medical Examination: For you and any accompanying children. Medical exams are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

_____Application Fee: You must pay the non-refundable US$350 visa fee (in Jamaican dollar equivalent) and obtain a receipt at any National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB). Each applicant, including children, must pay the non transferable fee, which is valid for one year.

We hope the above information addresses any questions you may have regarding procedures to receive a fiancé/fiancée visa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send an email to kingstonivinfo@state.gov or visit the U.S. Embassy website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov

So now Nattoy has everything he needs for his interview. Except the medical and police certificate. He is going to kingston 2maro to get his police certificate and fingerprints which will cost around 4,000 JA. He has scheduled a medical which will cost 100US at the door and aroud 50us for each additional shots he may need. Which shouldn't be much becuase he has his past vaccination records.

Closer to the interview he will get the passport pics he needs and I also sent him 5 passport pics just incase. He will also pay his visa fees at the apprpriate bank. I sent him everything he needs from me so I think after he gets police certificate and medical and pays fees we will be good to GO:) Hope this has helped.

Hope this helps!

I-129F Sent...........................................07/20/2011

I-129F Received at TX lockbox.............07/22/2011

NOA1....................................................07/26/2011

Touch!...................................................08/04/2011

Requested Expedite via Phone.............08/16/2011

Rec'd Email Requesting additional

info to Expedite Processing...................08/17/2011

Faxed supporting ppwk to Expedite.......08/19/2011

NOA2 Approval of I-129F Petition!.........08/24/2011

Rec'd Hard Copy of NOA2 Approval.....08/29/2011

NVC Rec'd I-129F from USCIS.............08/25/2011

NVC Forwarded petition to Kingston.....08/26/2011

Emailed Consulate for Case Status......09/01/2011

Rec'd confirmation of Case Received

& Request for DS230 from Consulate...09/01/2011

Emailed DS230 to Embassy..................09/06/2011

Sent 2nd Request for Interview.............09/08/2011

Received Packet 4 via Email................09/08/2011

Medical Exam.......................................09/27/2011

INTERVIEW.........................................10/13/2011

APPROVED!!!

Arrival in USA.........................11/11/2011

Marriage.................................12/29/2011

AOS Journey:

Submitted AOS Application.....03/24/2012

NOA 1......................................03/28/2012

Walk-In Biometrics..................04/17/2012

Transferred to CSC.................04/27/2012

Case Received at CSC...........5/03/2012

EAD and AP Approved............05/23/2012

EAD/AP Card Received...........06/01/2012

AOS Approved.........................11/24/2012

Timeline

My link

Okay, sorry. I have been on here too much the last few days. This is the post that actually shows what packet 3 looks like, from aimeevsgarnette:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307713-jamaica-packet-3/

Here is a post from 2009 with the letter in text:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/214279-packet-3-for-us-embassy-in-kingston/

Again, hope it helps!

Embassy of the United States of America

142 Old Hope Road

Kingston 6

Jamaica West Indies

Dear Sir/Madam:

We have received a visa petition on your behalf from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service) according you status as a fiancé/fiancée under the provisions of Section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. Please read and follow carefully the instructions below.

Before you can be scheduled for an interview and a medical examination, you must complete and return to this office the enclosed Form DS-230 Part I, “Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Biographic Data).” This office cannot schedule your interview until this form is received. Persons who fail to appear for a scheduled visa interview appointment will not be rescheduled automatically for a new appointment, but will have to request one by email at kingstonivinfo@state.gov.

While you are awaiting your interview, you should also begin to obtain all the required documents listed below. Please read and follow carefully all instructions below and obtain all of the documents requested before the date of your interview. If any of the required documents are not submitted at the time of your interview, it will not be possible to approve your application. To prevent delays in processing your application, it is essential that you obtain all required documents and submit them at the time of your scheduled interview.

Please note that all documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to by a notary public.

_____Application forms:

-Complete application Form DS-156 ON LINE at http://evisaforms.state.gov or http://kingston.usembassy.gov. Instructions are enclosed. Print out two copies of the form to bring to the interview.

-Fill out in duplicate, but do not sign, the enclosed Form DS-156K. (Like the DS-156, you can also complete this form online.)

-Please also fill out and sign both of the enclosed Forms DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant).

_____Passport: Obtain a valid passport. A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

_____Photographs: You will also need six (6) color photographs that show a full front view of the facial features of the applicant. These photographs must be printed on one-ply paper with a matte finish, measure 2 inches (50mm x 50mm approx.), be unmounted, and have a white or off-white background. No earring, head covering or dark glasses should be worn. Hair must not cover the ears and no shadow should be seen on the photographs. Photographs that do not comply with the above requirements will not be accepted.

_____Birth Certificate: Obtain one certified copy of your birth certificate. If you have any children who will accompany you, you must obtain one certified copy of each child’s birth certificate. If born in Jamaica, any birth certificate submitted must be the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. Handwritten copies are not acceptable.

_____Marriage Certificate: Obtain one certified copy (if you or your fiancé/fiancée were married previously) of your marriage certificate or certificates, and one certified copy of the divorce or death certificate to prove dissolution of any marriage. If married in Jamaica, this copy must be the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. Handwritten copies are not acceptable.

_____Police Certificate: You (and any children over the age of 16 who will accompany you) must obtain a police certificate from the police authorities of any country (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than six months since your 16th birthday. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

_____Court Records: If you have been convicted of a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military, you must submit a military record for your complete years of service. This record must also show any convictions of crimes before any military tribunals.

_____Certificate(s) of Non-Impediment to Marriage: If you are a Jamaican resident, you must obtain a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper. If you have any Jamaican-resident children who will be accompanying you who are aged 18 or older, each such child must present a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper.

_____Evidence of Support: You must submit evidence that you (and any accompanying children) are not likely to become a public charge (i.e. financial burden to the U.S. Government) while in the United States. Typically, evidence submitted by an applicant presented to meet this requirement of the law will consist of a Form I-134 “Affidavit of Support” completed by the petitioning fiancé/fiancée or other U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, along with the sponsor’s most current year’s 1040 and W2, current bank statements, earnings statements, and an employment letter.

_____Medical Examination: A medical examination is required for each applicant and each unmarried minor child who will accompany you to the United States. Most medical results are valid for one year from the date of issuance. You may arrange for a medical examination by calling one of the physicians listed on the enclosed leaflet. Please note that you must pay for the medical examination. The results of the medical examination should take approximately seven days to reach the Embassy, so applicants should be sure to complete the examination a minimum of seven days before the scheduled visa interview.

_____Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable US$131.00 visa fee (in Jamaican dollar equivalent) and obtain a receipt at any branch of National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB). Each applicant, including children, must pay the fee, which is valid for one year and is transferable if not used. Please disregard any instructions from NCB regarding obtaining an appointment, and instead appear for interview on the date assigned directly by the Embassy.

Again, please ensure that you have all of the above documents in hand when you come to the Embassy for your visa interview.

We hope the above information addresses any questions you may have regarding procedures for qualifying to receive a fiancé/fiancée visa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send an email to kingstonivinfo@state.gov or visit the U.S. Embassy website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov.

We look forward to seeing you on your appointment date.

Sincerely,

Consular Officer

Enclosures:

1. Nonimmigrant Photograph Specifications

2. Part I – Biographic Data (DS-230 Part I)

3. Information for On Line Completion of Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-156)

4. Supplemental Form DS-157 [2 copies]

5. Nonimmigrant Finance Visa Application (DS-156K) [2 copies]

6. Evidence which may be presented to meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

(DS- 2000)

7. Affidavit of Support (I-134)

8. Medical History Form

9. Immunization instruction sheet

10. Attachment with general instructions

Rev: 04/2009

We received this document in July 2009. Please be aware that it may have been updated since. If you have an updated version, please post. There were no enclosures in the form, but you can find them online. Google can assist.

APPROVED!!!

AOS Journey:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

for packet 3 all you really need to do is fill out DS 230 part 1 and email it back to the embassy. You can do this at anytime after kingston receives your petition. DS 156, DS 156k, and DS 157 are all needed at the interview. Packet 3 outines it all. Sitamari I see you found my post lol! hope this info helps you guys out! feel free to talk to me if you need helpsmile.gif

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Timeline

for packet 3 all you really need to do is fill out DS 230 part 1 and email it back to the embassy. You can do this at anytime after kingston receives your petition. DS 156, DS 156k, and DS 157 are all needed at the interview. Packet 3 outines it all. Sitamari I see you found my post lol! hope this info helps you guys out! feel free to talk to me if you need helpsmile.gif

Yep! Thank you Aimee, that was super helpful! I did give you credit! :-)

APPROVED!!!

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.