KrisandJennie

So frustrating!

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THE PETITION APPROVAL IS JUST A STEPPING STONE IN THIS PROCESS...THEN COMES THE SECOND PART, AND OBVIOUSLY THE MOST IMPORTANT...THE APPLICATION FOR THE VISA AND ITS APPROVAL...THAT COULD TAKE ROUGHLY 3 OR 4 MONTHS BUT SOME EMBASSIES ARE FASTER THAN OTHERS...THE PETITION APPROVAL IS GOOD FOR 4 MONTHS...PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE IS THE KEY...GOOD LUCK

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Yeah I'll chime in here and say, the chances are that you won't get through the whole process in time. Less than 6 months from petition to wedding was really being blindly optomistic as just the first step can take that long. Unfortunately you have 2 choices. You can reschedule the wedding (I wouldn't even set a date until you have visa in hand) or you can get married and then restart the process as a CR-1. The second option is only possible if CBP lets your SO enter for the wedding, there is the very real possibility they may look at everything and say they are intending to immigrate so they can't enter.

Wish one of us had some good news for you, but there really isn't any in this case.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You should get your soonish, unfortunately this is a slow process etc. Hang in there. Get some fresh air and exercise. Sometimes a beer works also.

beer works all the time lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Reschedule. My fiancee has her interview in Paris tomorrow. It took 2 and half months after the NOA2 to get to the interview and it took close to 5 months from NOA1 to NOA2. No fun but its best just to not schedule until you have the visa in hand.

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know that this process can be so frustrating. I had originally planned to get married on October 29th of this year (we filed our petition in March)...but with the way things are looking right now, I have decided to move my wedding date to December 3rd. It does take, on average, 4-5 months just to get the approval for your petition (I-129F), and that's if there are no RFE's. Then...the case is sent to NVC, where it can sit for nearly 2 weeks. Then...it is sent to the embassy in London.

Your fiance will also need to go to London for a medical exam, but this is done AFTER your petition is approved and after you get a case number from NVC. Around that time, you will also get a letter from the embassy (packet 3)...there will be more forms to complete and you will also need to gather more documentation for the interview. I am told that from the time that the embassy in London receives your completed packet 3 forms, there is an average wait time of 7 weeks before the interview date. My fiance and I are in this waiting period now. He just sent packet 3 back to the embassy yesterday, so I'm thinking he won't have an interview date until somewhere around the middle of October. He will not be able to come over to the states immediately because he will have a lot of packing to do, plus selling his car, getting rid of his flat, resigning from his job and securing a shipping container to ship his belongings over here (so if your fiance has anything like this to take care of...make sure you give him ample time to do all of it before he comes over).

So...I agree with others who have responded here....if you can possible change your wedding date, do it. Do NOT make any wedding arrangements at this time that can't be changed (such as renting a hall for your reception, or having your wedding invitations printed). The only advice I can give you at this time is....be flexible. :)

Good luck!

:thumbs: Ditto. We orginally had a wedding date of August 7th, but when we received the petition approval in late May and realized that we had addtional paperwork and interview to get through, we changed the date to Oct. 21st. We are going to elope and do a wedding full of family and friends next year. This reduced our stress threefolds. I would definitely encourage working with a flexible wedding date because there are no guarantees that the processing time will work for you. Good Luck!

Edited by STEBEA1

8/07/08- Met online

12/19/10- Got Engaged

1/25/11- Let's try this again. Mailed I129F with green form and check

1/27/11- USCIS received pkg

2/01/11- NOA1 emailed.

2/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 received

5/31/11- Email NOA2 APPROVED!!!!!

6/03/11- Hard copy of NOA2 received

6/07/11- NVC received petition

6/08/11- NVC sent petition to London

6/15/11- Consulate received petition

6/17/11- Pkt 3 received

6/27/11- Pkt 3 mailed to Consulate

6/29/11- Pkt 3 received by Consulate

7/19/11- Medical completed

8/02/11- Email from Consulate confirming interview date

8/06/11- Pkt 4 received

8/17/11- Interview Appointment. Visa Approved!!!!

10/12/11- POE

11/10/11- AOS mailed

12/02/11- Walk-in biometrics done

12/05/11- Case transferred to CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand your feeling of frustration. That happened to me yesterday and hours later I was approved. I even called the USCIS yesterday to see what was going on. You should try to get your petition expedited. That's what I tried to do last Thursday and the Friday morning they emailed me letting me know that my expedition was denied because my petition was already with an adjudicator. So try getting it expedited. Whether or not you decide to do it, your petition will soon be approved.

So my fiance and I got engaged in Scotland (where he lives) mid-April and filed the paperwork which USCIS received May 16th. We received the NOA1 very soon after that but are STILL stuck in the preliminary (background check) stage of the process. Our wedding is November 5th of this year and I'm terrified we aren't going to have this visa in time. I've spoken to USCIS and they said we could still get married but then we'd have to start the process all over again to file for a spouse visa and there's no guarantee he'd be able to stay. We've spent way too much time apart and I don't want to wait any longer! Anyone have any advice? Does it really only 5 months for this (in which case we'd be fine) or is it much longer?

PLEASE HELP!!

U will be lucky if u ever get approved in 5 mths . Plus u have to take into account the other steps -NVC, Medical , Interview , and processing of the Visa and then travel . Just have a backup plan or start rescheduling yr wedding --sorry to say --u may not make it for that date.

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; you are just half way :pop: some more months to come!!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yeah I'll chime in here and say, the chances are that you won't get through the whole process in time. Less than 6 months from petition to wedding was really being blindly optomistic as just the first step can take that long. Unfortunately you have 2 choices. You can reschedule the wedding (I wouldn't even set a date until you have visa in hand) or you can get married and then restart the process as a CR-1. The second option is only possible if CBP lets your SO enter for the wedding, there is the very real possibility they may look at everything and say they are intending to immigrate so they can't enter.

Wish one of us had some good news for you, but there really isn't any in this case.

Unfortunate but true :thumbs:

Its a waiting game... no definite answers... I just wish you best of luck along the way. (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you made a BIG MISTAKE by planning your wedding date before his visa is approved. That's being over anxious and unwise. Sorry, it's the truth. I got everything done exactly 5 months flat. I mailed my package March 10, and it was received by USCIS on March 15th. It took 78 days exactly for me to get the NOA2 approval. Then off to Manila Embassy and I was calling and trying to push but the process is the PROCESS. I even scheduled my fiancee's embassy appointment myself online and she had her interview and approval on August 10th. She will be here in U.S. on September 8th. However, I was processed thru the California Service Center. Yours is being processed by Vermont Service center which seems like it's about 4-6 weeks behind the speed of California's processing. I think that in and of itself should give you great pause. I would postpone your date. I really don't think you'll make it. I hope you do! But you can't rush the process and they don't care. There are thousand of applications of all types and everyone of them have a time-pressed story. I think you should concentrate on getting everything approved first, then focus on the marriage. You're doing it backwards and causing yourself undue stress and anxiety. Take the lid off and concentrate on one thing at a time. If you get a RFE then it's a guarantee you won't make that date.

Hoping you and your fiance much happiness and success! I really really do. Just be patient, and take the pressure off yourself and relax.

Take care and Godspeed to the both of you!

I understand your feeling of frustration. That happened to me yesterday and hours later I was approved. I even called the USCIS yesterday to see what was going on. You should try to get your petition expedited. That's what I tried to do last Thursday and the Friday morning they emailed me letting me know that my expedition was denied because my petition was already with an adjudicator. So try getting it expedited. Whether or not you decide to do it, your petition will soon be approved.

It is probably a newbie question. But how can you ask to expedite the petition? I just have never heard it for K-1 Visa.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is probably a newbie question. But how can you ask to expedite the petition? I just have never heard it for K-1 Visa.

You've never heard of it because it's nearly impossible to get. The only people who manage to get expedited on a regular basis are active military members who have an upcoming deployment. Getting an expedite for any other reason is extremely rare.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

You've never heard of it because it's nearly impossible to get. The only people who manage to get expedited on a regular basis are active military members who have an upcoming deployment. Getting an expedite for any other reason is extremely rare.

Thank you for your response, then I just will not even try it. Better be safe then sorry! :yes:

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, an expedite can be requested but this circumstance does not qualify... Nor would it matter even if it was expedited at this point.. A November 5th wedding requires an October interview. October interviews are already being scheduled for the UK and will be closed in less than two weeks. There is now a longer wait between NOA2 and NVC receiving a petition (though not as bad for Vermont) and there is still the packet 3 mailing... Home by Christmas is certainly possible.. but again we don't even have a NOA2 yet to start the clock so even that is not a guarantee. I'm pretty sure the OP has figured it out by this point. The effort is better spent postponing the wedding.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.