51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The processing time is WAY off, but the interview is very normal.

Why haven't you gone to the Atlanta office yet to ask them in person? The call center is useless.

I agree the call center is a waste of time,i have never even thought of going to Atlanta in person,i figured they would get with me eventually,however fourteen months seems to be unusual to say the least

I agree the call center is a waste of time,i have never even thought of going to Atlanta in person,i figured they would get with me eventually,however fourteen months seems to be unusual to say the least

:wacko: You should! :blink:

Edited by A + M
as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I filed an i130 14 months ago,to the California service center,it has since been transferred to Atlanta,which is odd as Atlanta does not process i130 i hear.Is 14 months a usual time to be waiting?

Maybe you will get a local interview due to red flags. At least they know you exist.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

This looks like a CR-1 visa case, not AOS. USC is the one being called for the interview at the Atlanta office?

OP, please confirm and I'll move your topic to the CR-1 forum.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I filed an i130 14 months ago,to the California service center,it has since been transferred to Atlanta,which is odd as Atlanta does not process i130 i hear.Is 14 months a usual time to be waiting?

When I filed my I-130 petition for my husband it only took 4 months before we got our notice of action and 11months later we got our first interview, so something is very wrong. and no petitions ore ever sent to Atlanta for approval so I dont no whats going on there.

Timeline

Maybe you will get a local interview due to red flags. At least they know you exist.

I just got a letter today,i have an interview in Atlanta the end of the month,

I just got a letter today,i have an interview in Atlanta the end of the month,

Yep http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/326303-i130/page__view__findpost__p__4865039

Well, now you know what's going on at least. If I were giving you an interview, the first thing I would ask is, why were you willing to let this go on for 14 months? Why didn't you follow your wife to the UK when she left?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yep http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/326303-i130/page__view__findpost__p__4865039

Well, now you know what's going on at least. If I were giving you an interview, the first thing I would ask is, why were you willing to let this go on for 14 months? Why didn't you follow your wife to the UK when she left?

firstly i complied with everything they asked for and was quite prompt at that,it seems that the ball was in their court and secondly my wife is sitting beside me as i type

firstly i complied with everything they asked for and was quite prompt at that,it seems that the ball was in their court and secondly my wife is sitting beside me as i type

If she is in the US, then why didn't you file AOS with a concurrent I-130/I-485 petition?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I will repeat my request: Please tell us who you are, where you are, and what you are trying to apply for. Your case appears to be seriously messed up, with wrong forms, pre-interviews for fraud, all kinds of problems. If you let us know these things, then maybe we can help.

Oh, also tell us how residency was abandoned, the whole story. It's not to pry, but we can't help with no information.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

I will repeat my request: Please tell us who you are, where you are, and what you are trying to apply for. Your case appears to be seriously messed up, with wrong forms, pre-interviews for fraud, all kinds of problems. If you let us know these things, then maybe we can help.

Oh, also tell us how residency was abandoned, the whole story. It's not to pry, but we can't help with no information.

My name is Colin Archer i am a US citizen,I live in GA I am trying to get permanent resident status for my wife who is a British citizen.Nobody from USCIS has told me there are any problems,i have satisfied their requests for all documents,my marriage is totally legitimate,why would there be any problems,they have informed me today that i have an interview the end of this month.Now i have quite a few forms to fill out,affidavit of support etc,

I'm sorry, I can't help you then. Maybe someone else can try.

Normally, a person with an in-country spouse will file Adjustment of Status with a concurrent I-130/I-485 petition. They file a whole slew of forms, including affidavit of support and a medical. The process takes a few months and there is a joint interview at the end.

People with spouses out of country will file a stand-alone I-130. The petition takes about 5 months to be approved and then it will go to the National Visa Center, where the petitioner will send in an Affidavit of Support. Then once that is approved the packet goes to the US embassy in the spouses country and the spouse does a medical and an interview.

Sometimes, when USCIS suspects fraud with a stand-alone I-130 petition, they will schedule a pre-interview with the petitioner, and scrutinize the marriage to decide if they should approve the petition. This appears to be what you are doing now, which is totally the wrong process, and why some people here think you are suspected of fraud. You think you are supposed to submit an affidavit of support at this interview you are having. Something is seriously wrong here. You say you have been waiting 14 months. That alone is a major problem. I tend to think there are serious details you are leaving out, or that you do not understand which has jeopardized the process.

People have asked you here about your case, and you appear sarcastic. We still don't know what you filed, how your spouse previously abandoned PR status, how she got back in the country, etc. These important details will help us help you.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.