GinoNavarrete

process after sending in I-130 for daughter

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My husband and I just sent in an I-130 for his daughter this week. I was born a USC and he recently naturalized. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about what the process looks like after this. I know that my step-daughter will be called to the US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador, but that's about it.

Will my husband and I be called for an interview?

If we are in Ecuador at the time, can we take our daughter to the appointment?

What part does my step-daughters biological mother play in all of this?

When, in the estimated 5 months (listed on the USCIS Timelines) do interviews usually occur?

When she is approved, what is the time period or window that they typically allow immigrants to arrive to the United States?

Also, will we need to fill out Affidavit of Support forms at some point? It looked like we only needed to send in I-130s right now.

Thanks so much!

Monica

Edited by GinoNavarrete

My husband and I just sent in an I-130 for his daughter this week. I was born a USC and he recently naturalized. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about what the process looks like after this. I know that my step-daughter will be called to the US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador, but that's about it.

Will my husband and I be called for an interview?

NO

If we are in Ecuador at the time, can we take our daughter to the appointment?

YES

What part does my step-daughters biological mother play in all of this?

She needs to approve that is ok for her to go if she is underage

When, in the estimated 5 months (listed on the USCIS Timelines) do interviews usually occur?

5 to 12 month check your timelines

When she is approved, what is the time period or window that they typically allow immigrants to arrive to the United States?

any time after she gets her package from the Embassy after she is approved

Also, will we need to fill out Affidavit of Support forms at some point? It looked like we only needed to send in I-130s right now.

YES and you will have to submit a DS230 and I864 for your daughter if going thru with the VISA the DS230 and I864 will be sent to NVC when you get to that part.

Thanks so much!

Monica

I have a question to you, If she is his daughter and he is a USA citizen why do you need to file for a Visa? Did you look into getting her a USA passport because of his status or is it necessary to get the visa?

Just in case she does need the Visa

Most definetly if you can be there at the interview it would be great for her and shows a strong family tie. As soon as she is approved and recieves her visa package from the Embassy she is free to go to the USA.

YOU will need to file a DS230 and I864 just as you did for your Visa.

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

I have a question to you, If she is his daughter and he is a USA citizen why do you need to file for a Visa? Did you look into getting her a USA passport because of his status or is it necessary to get the visa?

Just in case she does need the Visa

Most definetly if you can be there at the interview it would be great for her and shows a strong family tie. As soon as she is approved and recieves her visa package from the Embassy she is free to go to the USA.

YOU will need to file a DS230 and I864 just as you did for your Visa.

She needs a visa to travel to the US, if she is under 18 at the POE she will derived the citizenship from her father.

PD: 30 DEC 2008

CC: 12 DEC 2010

Interview: 04 OCT 2011: Approved

POE: 15 OCT 2011 JFK

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

you have to wait and you will receive a letter with the appointment date.

make sure to check with embassy regarding appointment date as some letters are delayed.

i received 2 letters, one 2 weeks before appointment, and 1 a month after appointment lol

so check frequently with embassy/us visa center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.