53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't worry, I know the feeling. I used to check multiple times per day.

The funny thing was that the day I didn't obsess about checking was the day I received the approval :dance:

Just try to stay busy with planning for your future, career goals, or gathering evidence of your relationship. :whistle:

Edited by JG&JB4L

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ricardo end end of september?! way to burst a girl's bubble! hahawww! i'll take in stride...if a hit mi get a hit mi haffi tek...

and fyi i am a jamaican and i dont need a cook book to learn how to cook jamaican my granny and my momma did a pretty good job of making sure of that...

and PS i'm not as psychotic as my post sounds...i mean i do check it all those times i say i do but i lead a pretty full life with my 21 month old and being 6 months preggers...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:clock: Waiting... I totally feel your pain! Girl, just sit back and relax as best as you can! I know its really hard! Trust I had a K1 and I am now doing a CR-1... Patience is a virtue!

Are all of your NVC documents ready to go? Focus on the next step... it helps!

qSIFm7.png

USCIS: 175 Days

NVC: 41 Days

NOA1 to Interview: 265 Days

Interview: 20 March 2012 - APPROVED

NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide by Saylin

Please edit your timeline in your profile so you can help others learn how long each step of this process takes. Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I use to check it just as much as you did when I first started out this process. I slowly found out the hard way to lead my self into depression....stop doing this. It's ok to check once or twice a day but the pay you are on your going to be checking it every 10 min.

Find a hobby, read a book, exercise. Exercise is great, you can release a ton of stress and it's good for you!

Good Luck!

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

hehe, I use to do the same thing. I stopped doing it for about a week and turns out I was approved within that week. Ah the luck.

K-1 Visa

Engaged 25/01/2011

I-129F sent 25/02/2011

NOA1 received 02/03/2011

NOA2 received 31/05/2011

Medical completed 14/06/2011

NVC received petition 21/06/2011

Petition arrived at SYD consulate 28/06/2011

Packet 3 (via email) received 28/06/2011

Packet 3 sent to consulate 18/07/2011

Packet 3 received by consulate 19/07/2011

Packet 4 received (via email) 20/07/2011

Interview date 09/08/2011

Interview PASSED! 9/08/2011

Visa received 17/08/2011

Flight booked 1/11/2011

POE 1/11/2011

AOS - EAD - AP

Date filed: 9/03/2012

NOA: 13/03/2012

Bio appointment: 04/04/2012

Interview: 19/06/2012

EAD and AP card received: 10/05/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hahaha...I can relate with you at the beginning. I did it too everyday, but, the moment I knew we got approved, wow! mixed emotion "this is it" ??? of course, happy to get approved, but, knowing that I will be leaving my comfort zone, my good and stable job here, families and friends, sometimes it is quite tough, but, overall, I must continue the whole process because I know I love a very good man and I just felt that this is what God wants me to be. Love should prevail, in God we trust ! :) Just relax and soon you get your NOA2, it comes unexpectedly. :no: Best wishes !

I did the same thing too...hang in there, think positive. God is always in control!

Live, Laugh, Love...

I am also checking the USCIS site many times a day and I check Igor's List here on vj many times a day to see if any more NOA2s have been processed. It seems the last 2 weeks have been really slow for I130 approvals according to Igor's List. I had to start jogging again to help me relax and sleep at night. I hope our NOA2s will arrive soon. I keep waiting and waiting for a text or email. Good luck everyone!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I also checked the USCIS website every single day... sometimes twice per day. My fiance used to laugh at me for this, because he is always so easy-going... never worried about anything. He has total faith. Anyway, we actually didn't receive approval from USCIS until I was in Lebanon over the summer... I turned on my phone one morning, and saw a text message from them. I hadn't checked the website in days, due to the poor connection in Lebanon... I was just avoiding the internet altogether, but anyway, once I received the text, I ran upstairs, knocked on the door to wake up my fiance's parents so that I could borrow their laptop. They couldn't figure out what my excitement was due to... and really, I was just so nervous because the text only said that we had an update. Anyway, I had a difficult time going online, and had to knock on my fiance's sister's door a couple of times to help me with the connection (Fiance was at work), and when I finally was able to log on (felt like an eternity), I think I almost had a heart attack when I read "approved" ... I called my fiance immediately. Now, we are just waiting to find out the results of his visa interview, which is in a few hours from now... I am very nervous... and praying hard. I keep reminding myself that God is in control.

an1cJV20g410600MDA3NjE3c3wwMDAwMTNkYXxQZXRlciBhbmQgTGF1cmllXCdzIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

Talking about waiting, what happens first -

The USCIS website blue dot moving to decision?

The email ?

The text?

NO2 hard copy?

No approvals have come out of CSC recently and I am getting woried. Are they on summer break or something?

Timeline

This is all too sad... You have long hoping days... Life your life..better yet go read a jamaican cook book and LEARN how to COOK jamaican food that he is used to and a proper dinner on Sunday or ELSE.

FYI i dont need a cook book my granny and my momma did a pretty good job of making sure of that (not that either way I would feel any obligation to LEARN to COOK any kind of food on any day of week out of fear of or ELSE.leaving that up to narrow minded individuals who believes a woman place in in the kitchen and no where else)

...and contrary to the post i'm not as psychotic as it might sound...i do LIVE my life...i have a 21 month old son and i'm 6 months pregnant with our second and i have a full time job...but along with that i miss my husband and i'm impatient and a born worrier so sue me...

Timeline

Talking about waiting, what happens first -

The USCIS website blue dot moving to decision?

The email ?

The text?

NO2 hard copy?

No approvals have come out of CSC recently and I am getting woried. Are they on summer break or something?

dont have a clue...none at vsc for this week so far on vj.they have been approving 2 per week since july

Timeline

I also checked the USCIS website every single day... sometimes twice per day. My fiance used to laugh at me for this, because he is always so easy-going... never worried about anything. He has total faith. Anyway, we actually didn't receive approval from USCIS until I was in Lebanon over the summer... I turned on my phone one morning, and saw a text message from them. I hadn't checked the website in days, due to the poor connection in Lebanon... I was just avoiding the internet altogether, but anyway, once I received the text, I ran upstairs, knocked on the door to wake up my fiance's parents so that I could borrow their laptop. They couldn't figure out what my excitement was due to... and really, I was just so nervous because the text only said that we had an update. Anyway, I had a difficult time going online, and had to knock on my fiance's sister's door a couple of times to help me with the connection (Fiance was at work), and when I finally was able to log on (felt like an eternity), I think I almost had a heart attack when I read "approved" ... I called my fiance immediately. Now, we are just waiting to find out the results of his visa interview, which is in a few hours from now... I am very nervous... and praying hard. I keep reminding myself that God is in control.

goodluck :)

Timeline

I use to check it just as much as you did when I first started out this process. I slowly found out the hard way to lead my self into depression....stop doing this. It's ok to check once or twice a day but the pay you are on your going to be checking it every 10 min.

Find a hobby, read a book, exercise. Exercise is great, you can release a ton of stress and it's good for you!

Good Luck!

:) hmmmm thankx...i have a hobby,he's 21 months old and running circles around me.but he's also one of the reasons i'm so anxious,he's saying Dada now! :)

:clock: Waiting... I totally feel your pain! Girl, just sit back and relax as best as you can! I know its really hard! Trust I had a K1 and I am now doing a CR-1... Patience is a virtue!

Are all of your NVC documents ready to go? Focus on the next step... it helps!

we also had a k1 that got messed up and are on cr1 now...we are pretty much ready for the next too...juuuuust waiting :)

wish i could just forget about noa2 until it comes instead of obsessing abt it all the time...all day,everyday...especially since we got in the vj timeline noa2 estimate. i wake up i check status,check again before i leave for work,get to work check again.check before leaving for lunch,chech after lunch.check as soon as i get home and again before i go to bed...then do it all over the next day :(

I know how you feel. Those time estimates turned me into a timeline junkie :wacko:

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.