MedTech

Australians winning lottery

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To my knowledge, I qualify for the lottery and I was wondering how much of a chance I actually have. Is it worth it to keep my hopes up or should I just enter and just try to not think about it? Do you get a green card automatically after you win? Are there any evidence/proof of anything that you need to show? Is there an interview? Is it possible to get denied even if I have no criminal record and qualify for it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

For All Successful DV Entrants: If you have been selected for further processing in the Diversity Visa program, after you receive instructions, you will need to demonstrate you are eligible for a diversity immigrant visa by successfully completing the next steps. When requested to do so by the Kentucky Consular Center, you will need to complete the immigrant visa application, submit required documents and forms, pay required fees, complete a medical examination, and be interviewed by a consular officer at the U.S. embassy or consulate to demonstrate you qualify for a diversity visa.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

When I worked at the Embassy in Dushanbe I helped a friend apply fora lottery visa. His biggest drawback was the language and not understanding how Americans like forms filled out.

NEVER leave anything blank. Put N/A, none, or even a - dash. A blank spot means you missed it. If you have no kids write none in the first box and leave the rest blank. No middle initial? Write NMI.

He got the visa. I had NOTHING to do with it except helping him fill out the form completely. That will get you to step 2 when they screen them all! Good luck!

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm in trying.

No cost.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Upcoming September 2011 visa bulletin has a breakdown of eligible winners of 2012 DV lottery: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5542.html

Hope this helps.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.