73 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Damn you, Hamas !

Damn you, Hamas !

Damn you, Hamas !

Damn you, Hamas !

Damn you, Hamas !

I think if you look at the totality of Hamas' actions,not cherrypick the few good things they have done, this would be an appropriate response, minus the sarcasm of course.

Edited by Master Baiter

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I think if you look at the totality of Hamas' actions,not cherrypick the few good things they have done, this would be an appropriate response, minus the sarcasm of course.

Who helped create Hamas ? And why ?

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

How did Hamas get elected - who encouraged them to participate in the election ?

What happened after the election ? Who funded and supported the losers of the election to try to stage a coup against the elected government ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

More deflecting I see.

Hamas does not exist in a bubble, unrelated to the development of the conflict. And the history of the conflict did not begin with the election of Hamas. The Nakba was in 1947-1948, the occupation began in 1967. Hamas was not created until 1987.

Hamas is neither the cause of the conflict, nor the reason for the occupation - it is a symptom of it.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hamas does not exist in a bubble, unrelated to the development of the conflict. And the history of the conflict did not begin with the election of Hamas. The Nakba was in 1947-1948, the occupation began in 1967. Hamas was not created until 1987.

Hamas is neither the cause of the conflict, nor the reason for the occupation - it is a symptom of it.

Does the date in which it was created lessen the fact that they are a terrorist group to you?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Why? It's a historical fact. Palestine is routinely called a terrorist entity on these boards day after day. I'm Palestinian. Why is it ok to use that term for my folks, but Israel is the exception that can get one suspended? Does that sensitivity rule only play one way?

If I was from Tibet and insulted China for occupying my land, would I be suspended for that? Does this only apply to Palestinians?

It means you have violated the TOS and probably will be suspended :jest:

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Palestine is routinely called a terrorist entity on these boards day after day.

Where? I haven't seen it. Hamas is being called a terrorist entity, which they are.

Palestine? No.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Sorry, Hamas is the governing body of the Palestinian Gaza Strip. One cannot debate the Arab-Israel conflict without debating governments. One entity is a nation, the other is battling to become one. If it is a TOS violation to call one one entity a terrorist, but not a TOS violation to use the same term for the other, there is something very lopsided here.

I have an inquiry on the Site board to see if I can get a clarification. I don't ask only because of what you said, Mark, but because it's not the first time the issue of singling out Israel for special sensitivity treatment on the P&R board has been raised.

Where? I haven't seen it. Hamas is being called a terrorist entity, which they are.

Palestine? No.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

Sorry, Hamas is the governing body of the Palestinian Gaza Strip. One cannot debate the Arab-Israel conflict without debating governments. One entity is a nation, the other is battling to become one. If it is a TOS violation to call one one entity a terrorist, but not a TOS violation to use the same term for the other, there is something very lopsided here.

Your comparison would be valid if you called the Israeli government or IDF a terrorist entity.

Calling Israel (the country) a terrorist entity is unacceptable.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Why would calling Israel a terrorist country be a TOS violation?blink.gif

Because we have Israeli members here who might find it offensive - when you call their country a terrorist nation, you're essentially calling them terrorists.