23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was in the same predicament, although it was 1995, not 1980. Answered, "Yes" then , "Unknown", then put, "see attached addendum, "A".

Wrote a short explanation of the circumstances & explained that I had no way of obtaining her A#, signed & dated it.

Visa was approved today, hehe.

Timeline

I do know the paperwork was done July/Aug 1980, I wonder if I should put that in there with the unknown for the A#

Yes, certainly "unknown" for the A#; and, yes, indicating July/Aug 1980 should be clear. You will be entering her name as well. So everything together seems like should be sufficient.

However, Leo&Rea's advice is probably the best solution, especially (1) due to Leo's actual former experience and (2) with a short explanation on an attached sheet you should be able to address all. [if you do opt for the attached sheet method, be sure to follow the instructions for Form I-129F : "If extra space is needed to complete any item, attach a continuation sheet, indicate the item number, and date and sign each sheet."]

RK & Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Yes, certainly "unknown" for the A#; and, yes, indicating July/Aug 1980 should be clear. You will be entering her name as well. So everything together seems like should be sufficient.

However, Leo&Rea's advice is probably the best solution, especially (1) due to Leo's actual former experience and (2) with a short explanation on an attached sheet you should be able to address all. [if you do opt for the attached sheet method, be sure to follow the instructions for Form I-129F : "If extra space is needed to complete any item, attach a continuation sheet, indicate the item number, and date and sign each sheet."]

RK & Inday

Check your inbox Bro.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You only answer "yes" to question 11 if you've previously filed an I-129F. The question says "fiancee or husband/wife" because the I-129F can be used for K3 visas, as well. The question is specifically about tracking multiple I-129F filings for the IMBRA. If you previously filed an I-130 for an immigrant spousal visa then DO NOT answer "yes" to this question. As Rene pointed out, if you answer "yes" then they'll presume you previously filed an I-129F.

I recently got a PM from another member with precisely the same problem - they previously filed an I-130 but answered "yes" to question 11. Their NOA2 mentioned that the IMBRA multiple filing database had been updated with their info, and they'd need a waiver if they ever filed another I-129F, even though this had been their first one.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

You are welcome. Just wait until witing for your NOA2 [NOA2 = VJ-speak typically describing Form I-797 indicating I-129F petition approval); the passing months will feel like millions of years (OK, slight exaggeration--maybe only thousands of years :yes: )! -RK

I can imagine....its so difficult not being with her as it is....at least we are down to this part, hopefully the last 6 months or so, till she is here. I hope.

Timeline

Yes, the separation and waitin is hard. You wrote "at least we are down to this part..." Yes, spot on!! Keep moving forward! Onward and upward!! --RK and Inday

:ot2:

I've noticed JimVaPhuong's insightful post above--and the responses to your query from others as well. Hopefully, with the responses here you now have enough ammo and insight to continue completing your I-129F. Continuing good luck! --RK and Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Thanks RK...you guys are great and yes that is how we are approaching it.

JimVaPhuong, thanks for the very helpful info, however, as it was sooo long ago, I have no idea if it were the 129F or a 130, again, over 31 years ago, I was but like 19 yrs old...I mean we married in the Philippines, I remember going to Manila once or twice to do paperwork..... She arrived a few months after me to the states, however I do not even recall her doing any paperwork in Cali to get her green card, but she had one until she became a citizen a few years later.....

So, now I have to figure out if it were a 129F or 130...hmmm

Appreciate all help, you all don't know how much. I will have to decide on which way to go...I know the intent is to see if someone has been bringing in a lot of wives in a short time? I'd hate to sorta waste a 129F as I know you only have a few of them to use.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.