23 posts in this topic

Of course my fiance is done with her forms and all the things she needs...lol...I am filling out the 129F...I was married to a Filipina, we are divorced, (actually the official papers were due in the mail last week now they said this week coming up)...so I can't put that date in yet, section 9, however in section 11, Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before? if so, If "Yes," give name of all aliens, place and date of filing,A# and result. Now my X wife and I married in Olongapo City, but we were married in the Philippines, so this is a NO...? I hope so because I would have NO way of knowing the, 'if yes' question...it was so long ago.

Did you bring your ex-wife to the US? If so then you filed for her and then the answer would be yes and you need 2 put the info. If you guys just married and lived outside the US then your answer would be no.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Did you bring your ex-wife to the US? If so then you filed for her and then the answer would be yes and you need 2 put the info. If you guys just married and lived outside the US then your answer would be no.

Yes she flew here a few months after I did...it was in 1980, how on earth would I find that info out.Its says, "alien fiance'....she wasn't my fiance, does that matter? I was active duty military then too.

Edited by jetdoc3037

It also says according to your quote " alien fiance or husband/wife"

You probably don't have all the info, but you would have 2 know about when & where you filed.

If the military took care of the visa, then there is something you should be able to get by using the FOIA. I take it you don't talk to your ex at all?

I don't know how the immigration process was back in the 1980s, so I can really comment on how you would go about getting the info now.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

It also says according to your quote " alien fiance or husband/wife"

You probably don't have all the info, but you would have 2 know about when & where you filed.

If the military took care of the visa, then there is something you should be able to get by using the FOIA. I take it you don't talk to your ex at all?

I don't know how the immigration process was back in the 1980s, so I can really comment on how you would go about getting the info now.

You're right....I know when we were married, and she flew out a few months later...I do talk to her, often, but I can assure you, she will not help at all, lol. The military didn't take care of the visa...

You did the paperwork though?

If it were me, I would just put as much info as you can remember. They are looking mostly for people that have filed many times recently.

Hopefully someone that has been in your shoes before will chime in.

For our Full timeline

event.png

You did the paperwork though?

If it were me, I would just put as much info as you can remember. They are looking mostly for people that have filed many times recently.

Hopefully someone that has been in your shoes before will chime in.

Scott, man that was like in 1980...I know we married July 22, 1980, and she came out Dec 1980...and A# and such, no idea. Thanks for helping me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@jetdoc:

Fortunately, this question (about not knowing the A#) has come up on VJ previously. See, for example:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/158210-i-129-question-11a-number-for-x-wife

where "YuAndDan" (whose answers you can trust) says to write "Unknown" for the first wife's A#. The I-129f in this case was subsequently approved.

For continuing reference: In general, when an immigration form asks a question, a good rule to follow is to not leave the place for the answer blank but rather answer even if, for example, your answer might be "Not Applicable" or "None." Thus, following the concept behind the same general rule, if the answer is indeed unknown, you can certainly write "unknown" which is perfectly acceptable.

Happy Form Filling!!

--RK and Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Thank you so much RK...its not lying, its saying the truth. And it was a million years ago, (ok 31, seems like a million).

I do know the paperwork was done July/Aug 1980, I wonder if I should put that in there with the unknown for the A#

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

just sharing our experience. i hope u can get something from it. my fiance had filed a CR1 before for his ex-wife. we are all from the phils. after 13 years and 8 months of marriage...they filed for divorce. after more than 2 years of being single again, we met. and he filed for a k1 for me. we hired an agency and there were a lot of mistakes. among those was they forgot to answer question no. 11 in the 129f form. so, we got an rfe for that. what the agency did...they just checked the box "yes" and sent it back. that was a bad move. we realized we should had sent supporting documents for our answer. so for that we had a 2nd rfe " IMBRA RFE" due to the fact that the USCIS didn't know whether or not the previous petition was for spousal or fiance. what we did... we researched and studied what would be our next course of action be. we really didn't know what to do. we thought that was our last chance with the USCIS.so, we made a waiver for IMBRA...inspite that my fiance didn't file for K1 before. there is a limitation for the number of K1 petition a USC can file in his lifetime.this is the one that is covered by the IMBRA law. it was the advice of everyone, that eventhough we're not covered... we should make a waiver. so, that's what we did. we also sent the NOA2 of his exwife, the divorce decree again, the letter from NVC for his exwife. Thank God...my fiance still kept these through the years. now, we made everything on our own and then, we let the agency review it for any suggestions from them. but the agency said...everything looks good. and to God be the glory... our petition got approved.

now, as we looked back, we cud say, we should have sent the supporting documents along with that 1st rfe. we wouldn't have had received the 2nd rfe. there's nothing wrong to be overkill. as long as we're always prepared and ready.

hope our experience could help you somehow. by the way... my fiance is not from the service. but nevertheless... it's a the same process, right?

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

just sharing our experience. i hope u can get something from it. my fiance had filed a CR1 before for his ex-wife. we are all from the phils. after 13 years and 8 months of marriage...they filed for divorce. after more than 2 years of being single again, we met. and he filed for a k1 for me. we hired an agency and there were a lot of mistakes. among those was they forgot to answer question no. 11 in the 129f form. so, we got an rfe for that. what the agency did...they just checked the box "yes" and sent it back. that was a bad move. we realized we should had sent supporting documents for our answer. so for that we had a 2nd rfe " IMBRA RFE" due to the fact that the USCIS didn't know whether or not the previous petition was for spousal or fiance. what we did... we researched and studied what would be our next course of action be. we really didn't know what to do. we thought that was our last chance with the USCIS.so, we made a waiver for IMBRA...inspite that my fiance didn't file for K1 before. there is a limitation for the number of K1 petition a USC can file in his lifetime.this is the one that is covered by the IMBRA law. it was the advice of everyone, that eventhough we're not covered... we should make a waiver. so, that's what we did. we also sent the NOA2 of his exwife, the divorce decree again, the letter from NVC for his exwife. Thank God...my fiance still kept these through the years. now, we made everything on our own and then, we let the agency review it for any suggestions from them. but the agency said...everything looks good. and to God be the glory... our petition got approved.

now, as we looked back, we cud say, we should have sent the supporting documents along with that 1st rfe. we wouldn't have had received the 2nd rfe. there's nothing wrong to be overkill. as long as we're always prepared and ready.

hope our experience could help you somehow. by the way... my fiance is not from the service. but nevertheless... it's a the same process, right?

Thanks Rene, there is no way I will be able to get the A# and such, as my X wouldn't even have that info. I won't ask her because she will know why and I know for a fact she will not know, so I won't bother....I will have to go with what others have said, 'unknown'

and by the way for the A#... my fiance went to hi ex-wife's house to ask for it. even she forgot her A#. so what we did, we put "lost/unknown" in the box.

That is what I will do...do you think the year or the month/year would help, or just unknown/lost..?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I put her name XXX See Attached I-797C Orlando, FL (But i had the original I-797C. I did not put the A# at all.)

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much RK...its not lying, its saying the truth. And it was a million years ago, (ok 31, seems like a million).

You are welcome. Just wait until witing for your NOA2 [NOA2 = VJ-speak typically describing Form I-797 indicating I-129F petition approval); the passing months will feel like millions of years (OK, slight exaggeration--maybe only thousands of years :yes: )! -RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.