amir2011

looking for a solution

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Firstly,I thank all the members of this forum for their precious helps to the applicants of visa and immigrants people.

Substantially,the I 134 is not an easy process on the way of the responsibility that sponsors bears towards the applicant.

Including my case ,I'm really upset with finding some one who will be my sponsor,whenver I told some friends to provide me the form,they respond that the form I 134 is big responsiblity and the goevernement will sue the sponsor if he/she doesn't provides the applicant with all his needs.

Overall,I 'm looking for some explanations about the difficulties of supporting some one:

Is there any risk If the sponsor fill the form I134?

How long the period of responsibility will bear the sponsor? :help: :help: :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What visa are you filing for.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Firstly I thank you for your your reply.

For my visa I 'm an applicant for visa lottery 2011,normally we don't need affidavit of support;however,precedently the consulate oblige for some divistes to bring the form if they want to get their visa,so I'm really upset with this procedure and what makes me sad is that no one want to help me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should post in the diversity lottery section then not here. You will need to find someone to sponsor you or no visa. They are responsible for you when you are in the USA, if you do not work and you end up on means tested benefits the person can be made to pay back everything you take from means tested benefits.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For diversity winners members of your religion here in the US sometimes help. See if you can locate such a place especially if most of the members are from your country.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving topic to DV Lottery section and removing duplicate- please do not post the same question tw3ice, instead use the Report button on your post to ask a moderator to move it *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Firstly,I thank all the members of this forum for their precious helps to the applicants of visa and immigrants people.

Substantially,the I 134 is not an easy process on the way of the responsibility that sponsors bears towards the applicant.

Including my case ,I'm really upset with finding some one who will be my sponsor,whenver I told some friends to provide me the form,they respond that the form I 134 is big responsiblity and the goevernement will sue the sponsor if he/she doesn't provides the applicant with all his needs.

Overall,I 'm looking for some explanations about the difficulties of supporting some one:

Is there any risk If the sponsor fill the form I134?

How long the period of responsibility will bear the sponsor? :help: :help: :help:

Have the potential sponsors read the I-134 instructions ( go to uscis.gov and you'll find it under the forms). In reality, I-134 is pretty much wasted paper and not enforced (neither is the I-864 but still required for immigrant visas - not for DV).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wouldn't want to sponsor someone either, unless it's a spouse or close relative I really, really liked.

There are two reasons: 1. You need to disclose all your finanicial info, tax filings etc. 2. You are "on the hook", at least if you fill the I-864, which is a legally binding document. If the visa holder never becomes a US citizen, the government could come after me 30 years down the line. Not something to be done lightly!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank yu Mr milimelo for your clarification,However, I want to know the reason for refusing to be a sponsors by some residents in USA.

Best regards,

ANOUAR

I think it's less a matter of why they shouldn't and more a matter of why should they? Unless you are a close, trusted family member or friend, pledging to be financially responsible for someone is a huge obligation and may be more trouble than its worth. Who have you asked to sponsor you? We can't tell you why they said no. You'd have to ask them.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ditto.

I 134 is not legally enforceable btw.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Penguine-i

Generally ,the affidavit of support is really a huge responsibility,but you have to know that the embassy tries to obliges this form to the applicants ,it's not our choice for being sponsoring by some one though we can bear our responsibility financially ,the consulate askS us for bringing this form whether we have families relations abroad or we don't have any families bonds outside the skirts .

Ceadserc;

The idea of demanding some one to sponsor applicant creats a differents perspectives from some one who wants to sponsor other but he/she does'nt have sufficient revenu to be the sponsor.

Otherwise,there are some people who refuse to sponsor on the reasons that they can't send their personals informations to any one.

Some others people look for sponsoring some one,however,they change theirs attitudes untill the last minute.

Overall,what is the sin of applicant in this story of affidavit of support?

Penguine-i

Generally ,the affidavit of support is really a huge responsibility,but you have to know that the embassy tries to obliges this form to the applicants ,it's not our choice for being sponsoring by some one though we can bear our responsibility financially ,the consulate askS us for bringing this form whether we have families relations abroad or we don't have any families bonds outside the skirts .

Ceadserc;

The idea of demanding some one to sponsor applicant creats a differents perspectives from some one who wants to sponsor other but he/she does'nt have sufficient revenu to be the sponsor.

Otherwise,there are some people who refuse to sponsor on the reasons that they can't send their personals informations to any one.

Some others people look for sponsoring some one,however,they change theirs attitudes untill the last minute.

Overall,what is the sin of applicant in this story of affidavit of support?

No sin of the applicant - the consulate can ask for the affidavit of support (I-134 or I-864) and it is to make sure the intending immigrant will not start using means tested benefits as soon as they land in the US - thus the sponsor.

For someone who is reluctant to share financial info with you, may want to ask them if they would be willing to send the form directly to the US Embassy/consulate if that will help.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

No sin of the applicant - the consulate can ask for the affidavit of support (I-134 or I-864) and it is to make sure the intending immigrant will not start using means tested benefits as soon as they land in the US - thus the sponsor.

For someone who is reluctant to share financial info with you, may want to ask them if they would be willing to send the form directly to the US Embassy/consulate if that will help.

In what way the applicant should follow in this case? and what do you mean by "means tested benefits"?

and what do you mean by "means tested benefits"?

Means tested benefits is government support, like food stamps. Basically, the government does not want anyone coming to the United States and then being unable to support themselves and relying on the government for assistance.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.