Matical

Ciudad Juarez and NVC interview scheduling - another month after another approval

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

How many folks have fallen into the approval abyss? My wife and I feel like every bit of good news - approval of I-130, all documentation received at the NVC - is just a cruel game that puts you on a high before you're torn down and told that your visa interview won't be scheduled for some time.

Does anyone know if there is a wait list for people who cancel their appointments? We have all our documentation done, and all we're waiting for is an interview appointment. After a long phone call with the NVC this morning, we were told that September is full and we can't be told if there is space in October... November... etc... The NVC will notify us when there is an appointment scheduled.

Does anyone know how long we'll have to wait?

We'd love to plan our lives, but it's just totally out of our control right now. We'd love to hear if anyone can tell us any other way to schedule an earlier appointment. There have to be people who cancel, right?

We look forward to hearing anything.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think a lot depends on when your case is approved at NVC, our case was approved 2 days before the 15th of the month and 1 business day later got our interview scheduled, our interview date was only 4 weeks away from when we received the letter.

A friend of mine got her case approved in the beginning of the month and she waited 2 weeks to hear back from NVC.

I pray that you hear back soon :)

Timeline

I haven't heard anything about cancellations, however, you should be getting your appointment date soon (I think). It's been my experience that the operators do not tell you any useful information. Also, different operators can tell you different things even when you ask the same questions. I would think that you would get an appointment in October if not late September even.

Our appointment date email came on Saturday, Aug. 13!! It wasn't expected, they told me to call back after August 15th. We were so happy, hoping you will have similar luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My case was completed on Aug 10 and was told to wait until the 2nd week of september for a possible appt in october... so mad but i called every other day for a different question... Called on Aug 25 and was told my interview was already scheduled for OCT 6... so i advise you to just keep calling.. all cases are different!!

c1wTm5.png

f0p0kac3jwb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.