Navyk

Interview Tips for Chennai/ Mumbai/ Delhi/ Calcutta

520 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

• So you decided to take the medical report to VFS - we are also planning to do the same. Did VFS had any question on not submitting the same?

VFS infact asked my wife whether she wants to submit medical report with them but my wife told them that she will be hand carrying that report to the US consulate on the day of interview

• Did you try submitting any additional evidence documents (may be boading passes...) at VFS?

My wife tried to submit the the following additional evidences and they said they cannot accept.

Boarding Passes, flight tickets, exit/entry stamps on passports, honeymoon pics, egreeting cards printous, chat history, phone calls e.t.c

• How much time generally it takes at VFS?

VFS office is very small according to my wife. When she went there are only 2 person. One of them told her she cannot pay courier fee very early. Usually it has to be done 15 working days until the interview date but my wife told them that due to ongoing agitation in Hyderabad it is not possible for her to come again. After a bit of hesitation(From VFS folks), they accepted and gave her the recepipt.

• I heard that Rail roko kind of agitation is going on in Hyderabad. How is the situation now?

Navyk and all others who are planning to to Hyderabad for Medical test/VFS submittion, please beaware that there is a bandh in Hyderabad on 30th of October and again Rail Rakhos starting from 8th-12th October. So please plan accordingly. I would advise you to take medical test earlier than that(If possible) so that no one gets effected with agitation. Also as soon as you are done with medical test, please try to pay courier fee/submit medical report(If you decided) at VFS office on the same day when your medical gets completed.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE AGITATION IS AN ONGOING AND PLAN ACCORDINGLY. I PERSONALLY PRAY EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO GET MEDICAL DONE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Navyk, forgot to answer one of the questions you asked. The total time in VFS office my spent is hardly 5-7 min. All they asked her is INTERVIEW LETTER, COPY OF PASSPORT PAGES(FRONT2 and LAST2), PASSPORT SIZE PICS(5 X 5).

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

• So you decided to take the medical report to VFS - we are also planning to do the same. Did VFS had any question on not submitting the same?

VFS infact asked my wife whether she wants to submit medical report with them but my wife told them that she will be hand carrying that report to the US consulate on the day of interview

• Did you try submitting any additional evidence documents (may be boading passes...) at VFS?

My wife tried to submit the the following additional evidences and they said they cannot accept.

Boarding Passes, flight tickets, exit/entry stamps on passports, honeymoon pics, egreeting cards printous, chat history, phone calls e.t.c

• How much time generally it takes at VFS?

VFS office is very small according to my wife. When she went there are only 2 person. One of them told her she cannot pay courier fee very early. Usually it has to be done 15 working days until the interview date but my wife told them that due to ongoing agitation in Hyderabad it is not possible for her to come again. After a bit of hesitation(From VFS folks), they accepted and gave her the recepipt.

• I heard that Rail roko kind of agitation is going on in Hyderabad. How is the situation now?

Navyk and all others who are planning to to Hyderabad for Medical test/VFS submittion, please beaware that there is a bandh in Hyderabad on 30th of October and again Rail Rakhos starting from 8th-12th October. So please plan accordingly. I would advise you to take medical test earlier than that(If possible) so that no one gets effected with agitation. Also as soon as you are done with medical test, please try to pay courier fee/submit medical report(If you decided) at VFS office on the same day when your medical gets completed.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE AGITATION IS AN ONGOING AND PLAN ACCORDINGLY. I PERSONALLY PRAY EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO GET MEDICAL DONE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

So we have an issue - wife is travelling to Hyderabad on 9/30. Will see if she can find an alternative travel plan - may be get into a bus on 10/01. Will also try to get an early medical schedule. Thanks for the information.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Navyk, forgot to answer one of the questions you asked. The total time in VFS office my spent is hardly 5-7 min. All they asked her is INTERVIEW LETTER, COPY OF PASSPORT PAGES(FRONT2 and LAST2), PASSPORT SIZE PICS(5 X 5).

Thanks Ganesh 86. How many copies of passport (front2 & last 2 pages) and interview letters and how many photos are needed to be submitted at Medical and at VFS. Will the fron2 and last 2 pages are sufficient at Medical aslo?

Will talk to wife and try to get her into a bus on 10/01 instead of going in train on 9/30 and getting blocked by Rail roko.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Timeline

Medical Day 3

Hello all, got my medical reports today. 1 sealed envelope for the interview and 2 immunization charts for port of entry. Today it only took like 5 minutes. Thank god its done. Will got to VFS in Oct 1st week for the next steps.

Thanks ganesh86 for the info on VFS procedure. And i am surprised they charged a total of 6000. I wonder how i got exempted at almost half of that.

Edited by kkhdadh

Filed: Timeline

Medical Day 3

Hello all, got my medical reports today. 1 sealed envelope for the interview and 2 immunization charts for port of entry. Today it only took like 5 minutes. Thank god its done. Will got to VFS in Oct 1st week for the next steps.

Thanks ganesh86 for the info on VFS procedure. And i am surprised they charged a total of 6000. I wonder how i got exempted at almost half of that.

That can't be true. how come Chennai Apollo did not give us the immunization records for port of entry? anyone from Chennai medical can comment? quite confusing with everyone posting their own versions.

Timeline

That can't be true. how come Chennai Apollo did not give us the immunization records for port of entry? anyone from Chennai medical can comment? quite confusing with everyone posting their own versions.

Maybe at Chennai they include the immunization chart in the sealed envelope and at the time of interview when the consular officer opens the medical package will hand it to you. If it worries you a lot, call the medical center at Chennai and tell them about other people's experience and ask them about it. I am sure they will be able to answer.

Edited by kkhdadh

Timeline

Thanks Ganesh 86. How many copies of passport (front2 & last 2 pages) and interview letters and how many photos are needed to be submitted at Medical and at VFS. Will the fron2 and last 2 pages are sufficient at Medical aslo?

Will talk to wife and try to get her into a bus on 10/01 instead of going in train on 9/30 and getting blocked by Rail roko.

Navyk,

I don't think there is a Rail roko on 09/30. They announced that it will be from 8-12th(October) or 9-12th. Please ask your wife to check daily updates in Andhra Pradesh news. Your wife can still travel by train on that day. As you know that if she is coming from Andhra region by buses chances are that stopping buses near the Andhra-Telangana boarder are higher.

In reards to the list of documents please follow the below guidelines.

MEDICAL:

1. Must Carry Original Passport

2. Interview Letter(1 Copy)

3. PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS -3 ( get ready with 2 different sets with 2 X 2 and 5 X 5). My wife submitted 5 X 5

4. FIRST 2 AND LAST 2 PAGES OF PASSPORT- 1 copy

VFS:

3. PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS -3 ( get ready with 2 different sets with 2 X 2 and 5 X 5). My wife submitted 5 X 5

Timeline

HYDERABAD-VIJAYA DIAGNOSTICS MEDICAL GUIDELINES:

DAY 1

All you pay is RS1000 which includes:

Chest X RAY

HEIGHT/WEIGHT CHECK

BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK

BLOOD SAMPLE

total time takes approximately hour to hour and half. Make sure ask your wife to have her breakfast(heavy) prior to coming to Vijaya Hospital. By the end of the day hospital receptionist will call your wife and let her know the next appointment date which is Day 2. Most likely it will be following day.

DAY 2

IMMUNIZATION VACCINES

EYE CHECK UP

PHYSICAL CHECKUP

DENTAL TEST(IF RECOMMENED BY THE DOCTOR)

total time approximately 4.5 hours including waiting time. Ask your wife to come to hospital after having lunch(Again I do recommed heavy). Depending on the vaccines(my wife had total 3) she has to pay RS5000-RS6000. This fee is in addition to what she pays on Day1. At the end of the day sealed envelope given by the doctor and she also gets another copy(Vaccination records) which needs to be submitted at port of entry.

All in all, she has to spend 3 days in Hyderabad. Day1 and Day2 medical and Day 3 paying courier fee at VFS. Let me know if you or other persons who are on this forum have any questions regarding medical test in Hyderabad.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Wow! It takes 3 days to complete the medical in Hyderabad?!?

Ahmadabad was done in less than 9 hours, Medical exam with sealed papers in hand.

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Timeline

Navyk,

I don't think there is a Rail roko on 09/30. They announced that it will be from 8-12th(October) or 9-12th. Please ask your wife to check daily updates in Andhra Pradesh news. Your wife can still travel by train on that day. As you know that if she is coming from Andhra region by buses chances are that stopping buses near the Andhra-Telangana boarder are higher.

In reards to the list of documents please follow the below guidelines.

MEDICAL:

VFS:

Ganesh86, at USCIS & NVC, we submitted 2"X2" size photos. What are these 5X5 photos? Are those inches or cms or...? How did you learn of this 5X5?

We will stick with 9/30 train, which is safer then Bus journey. Thanks.

Edited by NavyK

USA

Timeline

Wow! It takes 3 days to complete the medical in Hyderabad?!?

Ahmadabad was done in less than 9 hours, Medical exam with sealed papers in hand.

Dev, I wish it is 1 day at Hyderabad. It is 1 day at Chennai like in Ahmedabad.

USA

Timeline

Ganesh86, at USCIS & NVC, we submitted 2"X2" size photos. What are these 5X5 photos? Are those inches or cms or...? How did you learn of this 5X5?

We will stick with 9/30 train, which is safer then Bus journey. Thanks.

Navyk,

When my wife said she submitted 5 x 5 and even I am surprised when she said that. I believe it is Cms and I will find out tonight when I call my wife. To be safe side I would stick with USCIS/NVC standards.

Filed: Timeline

Maybe at Chennai they include the immunization chart in the sealed envelope and at the time of interview when the consular officer opens the medical package will hand it to you. If it worries you a lot, call the medical center at Chennai and tell them about other people's experience and ask them about it. I am sure they will be able to answer.

Thanks khadh. i will check on that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.