Navyk

Interview Tips for Chennai/ Mumbai/ Delhi/ Calcutta

520 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ganesh86 & Kkhdadh, How did your 9/26 medical go on?

My appointment time was 1pm, I was there dot at 1. There is absolutely no use going any sooner, they will only make you come back later. Carry the e-mail also that Dr. Songa sent setting up the appointment. That's important to avoid time delays and embarrassment. Not that I forgot, lol. There were these other people. I waited for like 45 minutes after which they called me and made me pay the 1000 rupees and gave me a receipt for it. Then they took my height and my weight and asked some very basic questions like who's sponsoring, my DOB. Then they took a blood sample. And made me wait again for i'd say 30 min. Then they took all of our passports and sent us down to ground floor for the chest x-ray after which the passport was returned and i had to go upstairs to tell the doctor that the x-ray was done and he asked me to come again tomorrow at 3pm. Tomorrow will be physical exam and vaccinations. I had carried my childhood immunization card of which they took a xerox. They asked me to clear my schedule coz tomorrow it would take up to 3-4 hours. And they asked me to carry any available medical records for any medical conditions that i may have had. Also i did not get to see even an S of Dr. Songa, lol. Will probably meet him tomorrow.

Things to carry for Medical Day 1:

1) Interview Letter

2) Letter from Dr. Songa for appointment

3) 3 visa size photographs

4) 1000 Rupees in cash

5) Previous Immunization Record

Overall, the staff is nice and cordial. I was there at 1 and got out at 3:30. It was pleasant but the wait can be boring and do not forget to eat before you go.

Edited by kkhdadh

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Why are they asking you about your sponsor information? How is that relevant to the medical checkup?

Dunno how its relevant, but the doc did ask that while he was filling up my form. He asked me 4 questions: My DOB, Who's sponsoring me, pregnant or not and when was my husband here in India. That's it. But nothing to worry really.

Filed: Timeline

Folks,

Just wanted to update you about my wife medical test. She did complete her 1st day medical test on Friday, September 23rd in Hyderabad. In the evening approximately at 5:30 PM she got a call from Vijaya hospital and 2nd day appointment given @ 2:30 PM on Monday, September 26th. On this particuar day, she will be given vaccinations and sealed envelope. Also she has to pay RS5000-Rs6000 in addition to the RS1000 that she paid on her 1st day. I will keep you posted.

Was a physical check up done as well? if so can you please share on what was done during this exam and by whom? Was the physical exam with a nurse or Dr. Songa and any details on what they check during physical exam here at Hyderabad Vijaya? I read somewhere that they ask you to get naked for the physical exam? is it true?

Edited by raj1975

Timeline

Was a physical check up done as well? if so can you please share on what was done during this exam and by whom? Was the physical exam with a nurse or Dr. Songa and any details on what they check during physical exam here at Hyderabad Vijaya? I read somewhere that they ask you to get naked for the physical exam? is it true?

What should the applicant expect at the medical examination?

The applicant must show his/her passport (or other photo identification) and appointment letter to the doctor during the medical examination.

The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.

The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia.

I hope that answers your question. A friend who got their medical done last month said Dr. songa does the exam but they get a female nurse for women for some of the stuff. Sharing too much details about it on the forum would be inappropriate, but sure as hell be prepared for some violations...

Edited by kkhdadh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What should the applicant expect at the medical examination?

The applicant must show his/her passport (or other photo identification) and appointment letter to the doctor during the medical examination.

The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.

The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia.

I hope that answers your question. I had a friend who had her medical last month. She said Dr. Songa examined the abdomen and for other stuff they got a female nurse....

Thanks for the information - useful for wife scheduled for 9 AM on 10/07.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Hello friends. Had my Medical Day 2 today. Thank God its almost over now.

Today i was asked to be there at 3 and i was there at 2:45, as soon as i reached, i didn't even get to sit down and i was called in. Apparently the nurse had seen me come in and recognized my face from my file (pretty cool and weird too). So i didn't really have to wait at all. They did an eye test first, I don't have glasses so it was fine. Then they took my pulse, which they said was fast (coz i had just climbed the stairs). Then they asked me to wait for 10 min. While i was waiting someone called me into another room and made me sign a few papers. Then almost immediately I was called in the examining room and asked to change into clinic gown. Dr. Songa appeared. He is a decent guy, 40-ish. The first question he asked was if i was always this thin or did i ever do something to lose weight, lol (i am slim). He asked me when i got married and if i had kids, any heart problems, any lumps in the body, mental illnesses, any suicide attempts, tuberculosis, if ever i was admitted to a hospital, etc. They seemed more concerned about heart disease and breast cancer. They kept asking about it for like 3-4 times. Then they made me lie down. And they had a female doctor, Dr. Finy do the rest of the exam. But i am glad it wasn't as invasive as i thought it would have been. Again its different for everybody. Other people there had different experiences. But don't worry, its not that bad at all. Then i was called in another room, and they gave me 2 types of vaccines. I asked her how many are required, she said 3 if we haven't had chicken pox. I had them so 2 for me, MMR and TDAP. Then i waited for like 30 minutes after which i was called to make the payment (Rs. 2587/- only. Plus the 1000 i paid yesterday, so a total of 3587/-). Gave the receipt and asked me to come again tomorrow at 6pm for report collection. That's it, Got in at 3, got out at 4:30. For some reason i dunno why, i was being called ahead of everyone, even ahead of those who came way before me.

Hope this helps!

Timeline

Hello friends. Had my Medical Day 2 today. Thank God its almost over now.

Today i was asked to be there at 3 and i was there at 2:45, as soon as i reached, i didn't even get to sit down and i was called in. Apparently the nurse had seen me come in and recognized my face from my file (pretty cool and weird too). So i didn't really have to wait at all. They did an eye test first, I don't have glasses so it was fine. Then they took my pulse, which they said was fast (coz i had just climbed the stairs). Then they asked me to wait for 10 min. While i was waiting someone called me into another room and made me sign a few papers. Then almost immediately I was called in the examining room and asked to change into clinic gown. Dr. Songa appeared. He is a decent guy, 40-ish. The first question he asked was if i was always this thin or did i ever do something to lose weight, lol (i am slim). He asked me when i got married and if i had kids, any heart problems, any lumps in the body, mental illnesses, any suicide attempts, tuberculosis, if ever i was admitted to a hospital, etc. They seemed more concerned about heart disease and breast cancer. They kept asking about it for like 3-4 times. Then they made me lie down. And they had a female doctor, Dr. Finy do the rest of the exam. But i am glad it wasn't as invasive as i thought it would have been. Again its different for everybody. Other people there had different experiences. But don't worry, its not that bad at all. Then i was called in another room, and they gave me 2 types of vaccines. I asked her how many are required, she said 3 if we haven't had chicken pox. I had them so 2 for me, MMR and TDAP. Then i waited for like 30 minutes after which i was called to make the payment (Rs. 2587/- only. Plus the 1000 i paid yesterday, so a total of 3587/-). Gave the receipt and asked me to come again tomorrow at 6pm for report collection. That's it, Got in at 3, got out at 4:30. For some reason i dunno why, i was being called ahead of everyone, even ahead of those who came way before me.

Hope this helps!

Thanks you for this useful information. I emailed the information to wife.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Timeline

Hey...

I am Seemi Patel and my husband has his interview tomorrow. Can you please provide me any feedback from your experience during interview? What kinds of questions did they ask and what they were looking for to prove your relationship? Please write me anything that can help me out. Thank you.

Subscribed to this thread....

Timeline

Hey...

I am Seemi Patel and my husband has his interview tomorrow. Can you please provide me any feedback from your experience during interview? What kinds of questions did they ask and what they were looking for to prove your relationship? Please write me anything that can help me out. Thank you.

[

quote name=NavyK' timestamp='1317052597' post='4920554]

Ganesh86 & Kkhdadh, How did your 9/26 medical go on?

Coy, this is not the right thread for your question. Please open a new thread and one of us will provide the details under your thread.

Timeline

Hey...

Hi Seemi, this thread has the information in page 4. However I am copying the same again for ready reference:

Here are a few questions that were asked at the consulates in India - as per different reviews posted in the recent past. Almost everyone said "Be cool and answer to the point and help the CO to approve (you know what this means - don't mess up due to nervousness)". A few said that the decision looks like was already made before the interview - that is what they felt.

• Who is calling you to US? (I guess, who filed your petition)
  • Who is sponsoring you? (in cases where these is a co-sponsor)
  • If this an arranged marraige?
  • If yes, then. Who arranged it? or How did the proposal come?
  • How did you meet your spouse? ro Hwen did you first meet your spouse?
  • If someone other than your parents, then. How does he know you or your parents....?
  • Did you go on honeymoon or was your marraige consumated?
  • If you went on honeymoon, then. Where did you go? Why did you decide to go? How many days?
  • How many people attanded your marraige? or Who all (close relatives) came to attend your wedding?
  • Show me your spouse's parents in the picture?
  • What does your spouse do in US?
  • What is your spouse's full name?
  • What is your spouse's income?
  • How long your spouse has been in US?
  • When did your spouse become a Citizen/ Naturalized? (question depends)
  • Who did he go with to US?
  • What is his major in college? or Where did he study?
  • Where does he work currently? (May be study now in other cases?) or What does your husband do for living?
  • Where is your spouse currently? (helps those that accompanied their spouses)
  • How long has spouse been staying in that place?
  • What is his boss name? (surpised at this question)
  • When are you planning to go to US?
  • What are the full names of your in-laws? (funny but one of those was asked)
  • Where do your in-laws work in US? (I guess they mean their employers)

Tough questions were asked for those that have previous history of divorce, where there is big age difference,..... Be prepared for those questions if you fall into that category. The K-1 visa applicants were invariably asked to give a list of future wedding plans & arrangements, guest list, reception plans & arrangements, honeymoon plans.......

Kkhdadh,

Yes, possibly we may cross the path on the same day in Hyderabad but I would expect your medical gets done within an hour depending on number of people ahead of you. My wife's medical is scheduled @ 2:30PM

USCIS:

3/14/11 - I -130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

3/18/11 - NOA1

6/16/11 - NOA2

NVC:

7/19/11 - NVC Case Number

8/31/11 - Case Completed

9/13/11 - Interview Date received

9/23/11- Medical Test Scheduled

10/24/11- Interview @ Chennai Consulate at 1 PM Chennai Consulate

Ganesh86, havn't heard anything from you yet - trust everything is fine at Hyderabad (hope the agitation is not caution headaches).

Edited by NavyK

USA

Timeline

Hi Seemi, this thread has the information in page 4. However I am copying the same again for ready reference:

Here are a few questions that were asked at the consulates in India - as per different reviews posted in the recent past. Almost everyone said "Be cool and answer to the point and help the CO to approve (you know what this means - don't mess up due to nervousness)". A few said that the decision looks like was already made before the interview - that is what they felt.

• Who is calling you to US? (I guess, who filed your petition)
  • Who is sponsoring you? (in cases where these is a co-sponsor)
  • If this an arranged marraige?
  • If yes, then. Who arranged it? or How did the proposal come?
  • How did you meet your spouse? ro Hwen did you first meet your spouse?
  • If someone other than your parents, then. How does he know you or your parents....?
  • Did you go on honeymoon or was your marraige consumated?
  • If you went on honeymoon, then. Where did you go? Why did you decide to go? How many days?
  • How many people attanded your marraige? or Who all (close relatives) came to attend your wedding?
  • Show me your spouse's parents in the picture?
  • What does your spouse do in US?
  • What is your spouse's full name?
  • What is your spouse's income?
  • How long your spouse has been in US?
  • When did your spouse become a Citizen/ Naturalized? (question depends)
  • Who did he go with to US?
  • What is his major in college? or Where did he study?
  • Where does he work currently? (May be study now in other cases?) or What does your husband do for living?
  • Where is your spouse currently? (helps those that accompanied their spouses)
  • How long has spouse been staying in that place?
  • What is his boss name? (surpised at this question)
  • When are you planning to go to US?
  • What are the full names of your in-laws? (funny but one of those was asked)
  • Where do your in-laws work in US? (I guess they mean their employers)

Tough questions were asked for those that have previous history of divorce, where there is big age difference,..... Be prepared for those questions if you fall into that category. The K-1 visa applicants were invariably asked to give a list of future wedding plans & arrangements, guest list, reception plans & arrangements, honeymoon plans.......

Ganesh86, havn't heard anything from you yet - trust everything is fine at Hyderabad (hope the agitation is not caution headaches).

Nayvk,

I already posted updated about my wife medical on CHENNAI BOUND forum which is created by you. Anyways let me post again the updates

All,

My wife completed her medical test today. She went to Vijaya Diagnostic Center in Hyderabad @ 2:30 PM and came out @ 7PM. It took nearly 4.5 hours to get things done. She was given 3 vaccinations by doctors and ofcourse physical test. She said some candidates even got dental test if the doctor asked them do so. In the end she paid RS5000 in addition to the RS1000 that she paid on 09/23.

Note: Doctor gave her 2 sealed envelopes. 1 Envelope she can submit either in Embassy or VFS and the 2nd one at port of entry. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions folks!

USCIS:

3/18/11 - NOA1

6/16/11 - NOA2

NVC:

8/31/11 - Case Completed

9/23/11- Medical Test Scheduled(DAY 1)

9/26/11- Medical Tesst(Day 2)

All,

My wife went to Hyderabad VFS office today and paid courier fee of RS 387. Initially they said she is attempting to pay too early since her interview got scheduled on 10/24th, however my wife told them that it is difficult for her to come to Hyderabad again just to pay the courier fee so they agreed the same. They also asked her whether she wants to submit her medical report but she said she will be hand carrying the report.

They also told her that once the visa is issued, Chennai VFS office will forward my wife's passport to Hyderabad VFS offfice. The place where she lives in Andhra Pradesh do not have DHL/BLUE DART facility hence she has to come to Hyderabad VFS again to collect it. Typically it takes 2-3 business days to deliver the courier from Chennai to Hyderabad. So if she gets her visa on same day (Monday, 10/24) most likely she can come and pick up the passport in Hyderabad on Friday October 28th or worst case scenario Monday, October 31st.

She submitted the following documents with VFS office.

Copy of interview letter

3 passport size pictures ( 5 X 5)

Front 2 and Last 2 pages of passport.

USCIS:

3/18/11 - NOA1

6/16/11 - NOA2

NVC:

8/31/11 - Case Completed

Timeline

Nayvk,

I already posted updated about my wife medical on CHENNAI BOUND forum which is created by you. Anyways let me post again the updates

All,

My wife completed her medical test today. She went to Vijaya Diagnostic Center in Hyderabad @ 2:30 PM and came out @ 7PM. It took nearly 4.5 hours to get things done. She was given 3 vaccinations by doctors and ofcourse physical test. She said some candidates even got dental test if the doctor asked them do so. In the end she paid RS5000 in addition to the RS1000 that she paid on 09/23.

Note: Doctor gave her 2 sealed envelopes. 1 Envelope she can submit either in Embassy or VFS and the 2nd one at port of entry. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions folks!

USCIS:

3/18/11 - NOA1

6/16/11 - NOA2

NVC:

8/31/11 - Case Completed

All,

My wife went to Hyderabad VFS office today and paid courier fee of RS 387. Initially they said she is attempting to pay too early since her interview got scheduled on 10/24th, however my wife told them that it is difficult for her to come to Hyderabad again just to pay the courier fee so they agreed the same. They also asked her whether she wants to submit her medical report but she said she will be hand carrying the report.

They also told her that once the visa is issued, Chennai VFS office will forward my wife's passport to Hyderabad VFS offfice. The place where she lives in Andhra Pradesh do not have DHL/BLUE DART facility hence she has to come to Hyderabad VFS again to collect it. Typically it takes 2-3 business days to deliver the courier from Chennai to Hyderabad. So if she gets her visa on same day (Monday, 10/24) most likely she can come and pick up the passport in Hyderabad on Friday October 28th or worst case scenario Monday, October 31st.

She submitted the following documents with VFS office.

Copy of interview letter

3 passport size pictures ( 5 X 5)

Front 2 and Last 2 pages of passport.

USCIS:

3/18/11 - NOA1

6/16/11 - NOA2

NVC:

8/31/11 - Case Completed

Thanks for the update. You can track your Visa status before going to VFS, Hyderabad.

• So you decided to take the medical report to VFS - we are also planning to do the same. Did VFS had any question on not submitting the same?
  • Did you try submitting any additional evidence documents (may be boading passes...) at VFS?
  • How much time generally it takes at VFS?
  • I heard that Rail roko kind of agitation is going on in Hyderabad. How is the situation now?

USA

Timeline

Thanks for the update. You can track your Visa status before going to VFS, Hyderabad.

• So you decided to take the medical report to VFS - we are also planning to do the same. Did VFS had any question on not submitting the same?
  • Did you try submitting any additional evidence documents (may be boading passes...) at VFS?
  • I heard that Rail roko kind of agitation is going on in Hyderabad. How is the situation now?

VFS infact asked my wife whether she wants to submit medical report with them but my wife told them that she will be hand carrying that report to the US consulate on the day of interview

My wife tried to submit the the following additional evidences and they said they cannot accept.

Boarding Passes, flight tickets, exit/entry stamps on passports, honeymoon pics, egreeting cards printous, chat history, phone calls e.t.c

VFS office is very small according to my wife. When she went there are only 2 person. One of them told her she cannot pay courier fee very early. Usually it has to be done 15 working days until the interview date but my wife told them that due to ongoing agitation in Hyderabad it is not possible for her to come again. After a bit of hesitation(From VFS folks), they accepted and gave her the recepipt.

Navyk and all others who are planning to to Hyderabad for Medical test/VFS submittion, please beaware that there is a bandh in Hyderabad on 30th of October and again Rail Rakhos starting from 8th-12th October. So please plan accordingly. I would advise you to take medical test earlier than that(If possible) so that no one gets effected with agitation. Also as soon as you are done with medical test, please try to pay courier fee/submit medical report(If you decided) at VFS office on the same day when your medical gets completed.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE AGITATION IS AN ONGOING AND PLAN ACCORDINGLY. I PERSONALLY PRAY EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO GET MEDICAL DONE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.