Krikit

The Way We Were

138 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm not on the title or the mortgage. At the time, I didn't know you could do that, It was never explained to us as an option. I just recently realized this could be done. With the time it would take and fees, It doesn't seem worth it right now. We are likely going to refinance in a few years, and when we do that, I will be added to the loan and the title. Thankfully my credit is really good now, 2 years later. If we get an RFE, then maybe we'll look into doing an emergency quit claim deed.

It something happened between us, he could have the house! I wouldn't want it.

We have 4 life insurance policies between the two of us. He's the beneficiary on both of mine, and I'm the beneficiary on both of his. I'm an insurance agent, so we have plenty of insurance, all in both names. I'm also a named insured on the home insurance policy, so maybe that counts for something. I also have a copy of our pre-purchase home inspection which is in both names.

Did you guys include things like copies of anniversary or Christmas cards addressed to you both? Is that pointless? Bill's family is very "card oriented," so we have tons from the last 2 years.

The life insurance policies will be worth a lot of weight and are great pieces of evidence. If we get an RFE we plan to do the same thing and just apply and pay the $100 credit check fee to add me to the lease since my credit is probably fine now to add me. We figured we would see what happened first before spending the money.

We didn't include any cards, mainly because I don't really keep any. Couldn't hurt to include a couple but they probably won't be worth a lot of weight.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm not on the title or the mortgage. At the time, I didn't know you could do that, It was never explained to us as an option. I just recently realized this could be done. With the time it would take and fees, It doesn't seem worth it right now. We are likely going to refinance in a few years, and when we do that, I will be added to the loan and the title. Thankfully my credit is really good now, 2 years later. If we get an RFE, then maybe we'll look into doing an emergency quit claim deed.

It something happened between us, he could have the house! I wouldn't want it.

We have 4 life insurance policies between the two of us. He's the beneficiary on both of mine, and I'm the beneficiary on both of his. I'm an insurance agent, so we have plenty of insurance, all in both names. I'm also a named insured on the home insurance policy, so maybe that counts for something. I also have a copy of our pre-purchase home inspection which is in both names.

Did you guys include things like copies of anniversary or Christmas cards addressed to you both? Is that pointless? Bill's family is very "card oriented," so we have tons from the last 2 years.

I sent in the envelopes the cards were mailed in as they showed our shared address on them.. but I didn't send the copies of the actual card..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I need to get started on this. Bleh. What sounded quite far off two years ago has come up rather quickly.

We are one of the ones with no rental agreement or house..we are with the MIL still. With her unwell, and the husband as well, my guess is none of that will change any time soon.

We were transferred to CA the first time around, so I expect an interview looms for us as well with ROC. For that, and biometrics, I have to go to another state...sheesh...about 3 hours from here. :wacko:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

^^ I haven't seen anyone getting interviews for ROC. Just RFEs if they require more evidence.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ I haven't seen anyone getting interviews for ROC. Just RFEs if they require more evidence.

Also true - very few people ever do...it's a formality really

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Drivng to North York/Toronto tomorrow with wifey to see the in-laws.

Crazy.. I've been to Toronto 8 times so far and have never been to CN Tower.

I love driving to Toronto from North NJ. Beautiful hilly roads in New York.. especially Rt 17 West and 81 North. Rt 90 West in NY and QEW, 427 and 401 across the border are boring.

Hopefully there arent too many people at Queenston-Lewiston crossing tomorrow around 5-6 PM..

Edited by K and T

02.14.2009 - Started chatting online

06.07.2009 - First meeting : Syracuse, NY

07.03.2009 - Spent 3 days together at Philadelphia

08.15.2009 - Engagement in Toronto! In front of her and my parents!

12.31.2009 - Civil Wedding in Toronto!

03.xx.2010 - Got Marriage Certificate but they mispelled my name. Reprint ordered.

05.15.2010 - Finally got correct marriage certificate

06.01.2010 - Ended 4 night trip with her in Las Vegas, NV.

06.04.2010 - Sent I-130 to USCIC

06.09.2010 - I-130 delivered to Chicago USCIS @ 1:40 PM.

06.16.2010 - Check cashed

06.18.2010 - NOA1 received in mail.

07.18.2010 - Real wedding and other events at Brampton/Mississauga!

11.05.2010 - NOA2 text received.

12.21.2010 - Sign In Failed!

03.09.2011 - Original Interview Date (Date was changed by us as T was in India at that time)

04.05.2011 - Medical

04.26.2011 - Interview : Passed! Woohoo!

04.28.2011 - Passport mailed from Montreal/Dorval. At Brampton DHL awaiting pickup 4/29.

05.08.2011 - Point Of Entry : Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY. Took 1 hour total.

Timeline

I love driving to Toronto from North NJ. Beautiful hilly roads in New York.. especially Rt 17 West and 81 North. Rt 90 West in NY and QEW, 427 and 401 across the border are boring.

Hopefully there arent too many people at Queenston-Lewiston crossing tomorrow around 5-6 PM..

Guess its a long weekend this one, so hopefully traffic isn't too bad for ya. good luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Dude - I lived my whole life about an hour from TO....never been to the CN Tower :) Have a nice long weekend...we took that same route just for fun back last Fall - very pretty.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Does this hold true if you didn't get interviewed the first time? We were transferred to CA.

Timeline

Does this hold true if you didn't get interviewed the first time? We were transferred to CA.

Yes, if you look at the threads tracking all of the ROCs in that part of the forum, there isn't even a column tracking interviews at all. Your ROC is based on all of the paper evidence you send in.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Yes, if you look at the threads tracking all of the ROCs in that part of the forum, there isn't even a column tracking interviews at all. Your ROC is based on all of the paper evidence you send in.

Oh excellent. I wish we had more than we do, but we will do the best we can with what we have. Thanks for that!

Timeline

I love that drive too. Driven it many, many times. There are parts of that route that are very beautiful, particularly around Binghamton. Enjoy!

If you read the threads, there are a few random people who get interviews, but you're right it seems pretty rare. They're the ones with sketchy evidence - like not really living together) and I think a select few get randomly chosen. A lot less than AOS. If you're legit and follow the instructions, there's nothing to worry about.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Labour Day weekend...already. Seems to me this year has gone by very quickly. It doesn't feel at all like fall here, it was 96 degrees yesterday, and meant to be hot here all week.

I found it strange that children here go back to school mid-august. They've been back here for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's my age, but I don't recall heading back until after the first week-end in September. Would suck to be in school while the weather is so nice.

That's a beautiful road trip, wonderful in the fall when the leaves are changing. Have a great time!

Timeline

Labour Day weekend...already. Seems to me this year has gone by very quickly. It doesn't feel at all like fall here, it was 96 degrees yesterday, and meant to be hot here all week.

I found it strange that children here go back to school mid-august. They've been back here for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's my age, but I don't recall heading back until after the first week-end in September. Would suck to be in school while the weather is so nice.

That's a beautiful road trip, wonderful in the fall when the leaves are changing. Have a great time!

The ones that go back mid aug I think get out earlier in June.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I just made the trip on Tuesday. We missed all of the traffic and it was a very scenic drive.

Good luck with Queenston-Lewiston on a Friday night of a long weekend!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.