∞♥

What kind of Car for the under 5' Filipina?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are there any under 5' ladies here that have found a particular car that suits your stature?

Thanks!

Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon, circa 1992. Give it a whirl, all is adjustable.

They're also handy when you learn how much fun garage sale shopping can be ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to say Mini Cooper. My wife loves hers and it has a lever to adjust the seat up and down. The steering wheel adjust up and down about 2" either way. Very responsive ride..and looks cool too.

Ronnie

post-47427-0-82717800-1313775572_thumb.jpg

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My first car in the US would be a 2003 Nissan Sentra GX. It's a small car perfect for a 5" lady like me. And it's not expensive. Perfect for a first car.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: Timeline

My first car in the US would be a 2003 Nissan Sentra GX. It's a small car perfect for a 5" lady like me. And it's not expensive. Perfect for a first car.

How is that holding up? Any major problems so far? I see lots of used Nissan's for sale.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got lucky, finding a "tall" Filipina. ;) 5'3"

Somebody mentioned using the xbox as driving practice. Excellent idea! Bel loves driving video games, too. :D However, try to use the more realistic games, like Forza, heheh. :P

Filipinas are just as skilled as anyone behind the wheel. They just look a lot better doing it.

:thumbs: I agree, for the most part. But for some, such as those who grew up without a car in the family, and spent less time in one over the course of their whole pre-USA life than we typically do in a week here, it takes a lot more time and effort to develop that skill.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

My wife really likes our Chrysler PT Cruiser Gt. It also has seats that heat up for colder weather, a sunroof and seats that raise up with a switch so that she no longer needs to sit on a boat cushion as a booster seat. She is 5'0"

Timeline

How is that holding up? Any major problems so far? I see lots of used Nissan's for sale.

My mom in law and I drove it around the suburbs the other day and it's good. Now I can't wait to get a driver's license to be able to drive it.

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: Timeline

My mom in law and I drove it around the suburbs the other day and it's good. Now I can't wait to get a driver's license to be able to drive it.

Marie is taking driving lessons again, and is serious about getting her license this time. We finally found an instructor more to her liking, a gentle matronly lady that is willing to take out a second time. The means I may have to replace the car I bought for her a couple, maybe three years ago, a 1993 4runner, that I have been nursing along with a schizophrenic transmission.

Timeline

Marie is taking driving lessons again, and is serious about getting her license this time. We finally found an instructor more to her liking, a gentle matronly lady that is willing to take out a second time. The means I may have to replace the car I bought for her a couple, maybe three years ago, a 1993 4runner, that I have been nursing along with a schizophrenic transmission.

Lol yeah.It's pretty easy to drive here. The ones we used in the Philippines were manual transmission. Good luck to your wife I hope she gets her license now.

Edited by paul_kay

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.