k1story

NO AP. K1 VISA approved (INSIDE story from ISLAMABAD)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear k1story user

I have a case similar to yours as my fiancee has applied for i129F and we are waiting for NOA2. But in the mean time we are working on post NOA2 documents (coz we are hopeful it will be approved soon) .

My primary question is about affidavit of support . As you said your fiancee is studying in karachi, and since she is student, i am assuming she has little or no sustainable income. How were you able to get past this? Who did your fiancee present as a co-sponsor / joint sponsor for affidavit of support and did you have any problem? Because i have read you cannot prove your financial adequacy based on your financial resources in Pakistan, rather someone in the US has to do it for you. Please reply when you can and accept my gratitude in anticipation.

Arslan

Dear Fellow VJs from around the GLOBE and particularly from Pakistan.
First of All thanks for your support and valuable comments/tips/shared experiences,
k1 would have been very difficult with out the advises.

I am splitting the whole(INTERVIEW) experience in different phases for the ease of those
who has never been to ISLAMABAD, also the process inside the embassy/shuttle service
and visa Interview.

Here you go.

An accmdation was booked on 12 th august from karachi (including free pickup by hotel)

Day 1 ( 13th August)
left karachi for islamabad at 7:00am arrived Islamabad 08:45am ( driver was present)
left airport at 9:00-0920am arrived at hotel(for those who wants to travel to abbpara the taxi
charges are Rs 300/-) abbpare is 10-15 minutes away from shuttle service

Hotel was booked for 2 days @1500/per day(AC ROOM)
Hotel address: New Islamabad Hotel, Abbpara market Islamabad(0512607281), (hotel is good only
for a day or so)

Day 2(14th august)
Not much imporant, just reviewed the documents (watchd discovery whole day)
Taxi was booked for shuttle service from the hotel (@Rs 150)

Day 3(15th august)
left hotel : 0545am reached shuttle service at 0600am
Diplomatic Shuttle Service/Embassy PART::
0605 Got inside shuttle serive, People are friendly (dont waste ur time if u dont know, just ask ppl around
for help) i was guided to a room (kinda big hall) there was a counter (CHECK IN) u got to show them
the appointment letter and passport for ticket (charged me Rs 500) queue was long, took 20-25 minutes
to get a ticket, handed over the cell fone near check in counter, waited till 700am than a guy shouted
for US embassy, got into shuttle at 0700-0715, arrived embassy.
there were 2 queues (1 for immigrant and 1 for nonimmigrant visas) got into immigrant queue
hardly took 2 minutes, guard checkd the passport and appointment letter, then guided towards another
checkpoint, again passport and appointment letter checkd (Searched by metal detector) passed through
walk through security gate and guided towards another security point through Immigrant line
(YELLOW LINE).
Again passport and appointment letter checkd and guided towards inside the embassy, (complete searchd
inside embassy, belongings passed through Xray machines and than guided through a door towards a guard.
2 rows of seats (one for immigrant and one for nonimmigrant) guard guided immigrants to room No 4
Askd for appointment letter and a picture, finger prints were scanned, and than guided towards
another room 6 or sumthing (window 5).
Once got into room 6 (it was a big room with 12 windows) window 5 was cashier window, submitted the
appointment letter at window 5, and waited 30 minutes till the turn came up.

After few minutes window 7 called and chckd the documents/ askd for medical and signed a document,
Interview language choice.
and than waited again for couple of minutes, again window 5 called and took $350/- and handed over
a letter to me of approved courier services and a purple token stappled on that paper.
after few time (window2 called)

INTERVIEW @ window 2(interview lasted for 25-30 minutes)

Greeted with smile (An american lady)

Q1. Who filed ur petition and who is calling u ?
A.
Q2. How do you guys met?
A.
Q3. Is that arranged or something?
A.
Q4. are u both related?
A.
Q5. Is that ur first marriage?
A.
Q6. Is that gonna be her first marriage?
A.
Q7. Do you have any kids?
A.
Q8. Does she have any kids?
A.
Q9. Where is she living?
A.
Q10. Is she living with her parents'?
A.
Q11. What does she do?
A.
Q12. Where your parents' live?
A.
Q13. How many siblings do you have?
A.
Between that she asked me about my fiancee, she is doing her med School in Pakistan
complication started about her education in Pakistan

CO.she is doing her medical in Pakistan and you will be living in US, and she will only
visit u during her vacations etc?
A.
told her that Med school is expensive in USA, thats why she is here.

CO. Yeah Education is very very expensive
A.
Q.14 How many more years she has got to do?
A.
Q.15 Hmm.. so for how long she is in USA right now?
A.

Q16. How u gonna manage it? ( we had some arguments over sumthing so tried to brief her
on certain issues and told her what she wanted to know about certain personal stuff sorry for
not sharing that)
A.
Q17. After discussion she said "it is not working out etc".
A. than i had to brief her on certain other stuff not asked by the interviewer but due to having
Foreign qualification, EUROPEAN DEFENSE vehicle DESIGN company experience, working experience with
European Airlines and long engagement history i was given bit relaxation.

Q18 Ur case is arite, but to apply for K1 one must has to be in US
A.
Q19 let me ask u few more things? (she started typing on computer)
and i told her few things about my engagement she stunned and asked me my age at the
time of engagement (we both laughed)
A.
Q20 What is your Qualification?
A.
CO. You sounds incredible to me.
A.
CO. You know what! I am in a good mood today
A.

we both smiled.

she handed over the pictures which were sent to USCIS previously and birth certificate.
and receipt of payment signed by CO
AND finally

CO. Congratulation!!!! you gonna get ur Passport in 15 dayz via American Xprs.
A. I was stunned (expecting AP or sumthing), but the next thing came out of my mouth,
thank you very much, CHEERS. LOVE U . LOVE U, flying kisses to CO.

CO. Laughed and said "NOW GO AWAY, GET OUT OF MY SIGHT"

1. Before me a k1 guy was rejected for not having proper pictures (he was told that u sound like married)
2. American citizen accompanying some1 are not allowed inside the embassy/check before u r
accompanying someone.

My documents were properly tagged i had no problem showing them wat they wanted from me,
REMINDED me of MY UNIVERSITY THESIS / assignment days and luckily they askd nothing except
the medical/passport, appointment letter and OBVIOUSLY
cash $$.

In the end i must thank visa journey ADMIN, members and my well wishers for sharing their
experiences and valuable comments.

************* ROUND 3 NEXT PHASE "POE and ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS" (To be Contd)************

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.