Mr. Big Dog

Berlin Wall turns 50

59 posts in this topic

Polish Solidarity, a Polish Pope, and Gorbachev's impotence in Eastern Europe did more than Reagan's speech.

The Afghan war helped also. The Soviet Union was going broke at the time, and that war helped bring them down that much more. But ya, by electing a Polish Pope (a giant pr*ck of a pope I might add), helped big time.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Well that's one interpretation, Gary. To me, it's meaningless bullshit.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324583-sf-cell-shutdown-safety-issue-or-hint-of-orwell/page__view__findpost__p__4845265 <---- you see that ? Now take a hint and take a hike if you don't have sh*t to say on this topic other than your usual bs on here.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324583-sf-cell-shutdown-safety-issue-or-hint-of-orwell/page__view__findpost__p__4845265 <---- you see that ? Now take a hint and take a hike if you don't have sh*t to say on this topic other than your usual bs on here.

That was directed at you as well kipster ;)

Chill out.

Reagan was a crook and a half. He waved the flag, got a break on the Iran hostage situation, and made the best of it. As far as him giving two craps about the American worker...lol.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

The Afghan war helped also. The Soviet Union was going broke at the time, and that war helped bring them down that much more. But ya, by electing a Polish Pope (a giant pr*ck of a pope I might add), helped big time.

It was a cascade failure for sure. One could say the fall was inevitable with the death of Tito and the dissolution of Yugoslavia. Once (ethnic) nationalism took hold there, the collapse of the USSR was shown possible.

Reagan championed wacky economics and got into hot water over Iran contra. Hardly a white knight.

If your looking for a white knight among elected officials I would suggest you see a therapist.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If your looking for a white knight among elected officials I would suggest you see a therapist.

I'm not looking for one, no. Even if I were, it wouldn't be a reason to seek therapy.

Edited by fishdude

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good grief...this could have been such a cool topic.

Has anyone of you been in Germany when the wall came down? When the first people walked through the checkpoints or climbed over the wall? When families got reunited?

I know you all like to tear each other apart, but really, is all the political stuff the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear about the fall of the wall? (Yes, I am aware it's the P&R forum)

Just sayin'....

BTW: If you ever get the chance to travel to Berlin, stop by a the Museum at Checkpoint Charlie, it's fantastic!!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I know you all like to tear each other apart, but really, is all the political stuff the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear about the fall of the wall? (Yes, I am aware it's the P&R forum)

+1

Of course, around here everything is just bloodsport, nothing is sacred.

m23_21016841.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Has anyone of you been in Germany when the wall came down? When the first people walked through the checkpoints or climbed over the wall? When families got reunited?

Just sayin'....

BTW: If you ever get the chance to travel to Berlin, stop by a the Museum at Checkpoint Charlie, it's fantastic!!!

There is a pretty decent Cold War exhibit at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. (Not Sylmar like I posted elsewhere. But if you made it to Sylmar, they will give you directions to get there. They are not that far apart.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Polish Solidarity, a Polish Pope, and Gorbachev's impotence in Eastern Europe did more than Reagan's speech.

You really need to study the decline of the Soviet Union. Reagans speech had NOTHING to do with it and neither did Polish Solidarity (Czechs had that in 1968 and you see how well it worked for them) Those were both symptoms, not causes.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just sayin'....

We have to or they would move it to "off Topic" and no one would ever see it again.

Psssst...the Berlin Wall is political.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla