katzie

i miss the philippines

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

actually, tell him you are sad and why. He probably see it and wonders. Join your life to his. Adjusting is not easy. And if knows you are sad, maybe you can cook some meals you used to eat back home. Maybe he can take you to some Asian markets, or just ed lobster. Go to the movies, go out to eat, go to the zoo, walks in the park, go to the pool. The key is being active. I just hope you can get through it. Spend time counting your blessings you have. Look at each blessing. Remember why you wanted to come to the USA. The first 3 to 6 months are very very very difficult. if you can get involved in the local church womens group.

Once separated from home, children and adults report that the most effective ways of coping include:

Keeping a positive attitude[citation needed]

Maintaining contact with home, through letters (both traditional and electronic)

Activity

Communication

Enjoying what's different about the novel environment

Bringing a "transitional object" (something special from home)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Homesickness is killing me right now..... I miss my family.. My friends... My Life.. :( ='(

WOW! You must be r.e.a.l.l.y feeling bad for you to use such a big word, "killing". I understand that you miss your family and life that you had back home, it's normal but, don't you think that your husband is your NEW life now?

Try to keep yourself occupied. It'll help ya cope.

lol. ditto.

i miss isaw everyday since i got here.

I miss my mom's Pork Adobo. :P

just a week.... :(thank you..

it's my first week here,,:( hope maka adjust na ako soon..

You just been here a week? Wow! :unsure::blink: How can you be here only a week and already miserable. Were you not ready? What will it be like in a few months?

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

Homesickness is killing me right now..... I miss my family.. My friends... My Life.. :( ='(

It will go away. Give it time. Stay busy.

My wife was crazy homesick. I had a friend that had a Filipina wife she could visit. I travel throughout the county, and taking her with me occasionally helped. After a few years, she has no urge to even visit the Philippines any more.

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know what part of the USA you are in, but when I brought my first Filipina wife here some years ago after marrying her in there in the Phils, she adjusted well and quite quickly. The reasons for this, I believe, are mainly because my family (my mom, sisters, aunts, uncles cousins and nephews, etc) all accepted her right away and included her in family oriented activites right away. It wasn't like they didn't know she was coming. And also that she quickly met and friended so many other Filipinos in our area here, some immigrants and some born here. Some new to USA, some been here for decades and all in between. How did she meet so many Filipinos so fast?

My ex did not drive when she first came here, and she also had 2 year old sone when we married in the Phils. But we met so many other Filipinos these ways:

-Some by shopping at regular super markets and departments store (Filipinos always greet when they see each other even they don't know each other!)

-Definitely by grocery shopping at the Asian super markets. We have many here.

-We immediately started going to the local Catholic Parrish (I converted from Baptist to Catholic after she arrived here, so I had never been to the local Parrish before!)

I guess generally being out and about as we were often getting her and her son clothes and always grocery shopping. After just a few months we had so many invitations to dinner at other's homes and we invited to ours and soon also we are invited to Filipino functions - picnics, parties, etc. Within a year my ex had more friends than me! Here we have a fairly large Filipino population. I have lived here all my life and in this particular community for 30 years. I never knew there was such a Filipino community until I married her and she came here and I started going around to all the places I normally go and they seemed to just pop up everywhere all of a sudden! But I'm sure now it only seemed that way. Maybe cuz then if I saw a Filipino maybe I mistook them for Chinese or Japanese or other Asian people. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention until my ex got here.

I truly believe that this is why my ex adjusted so fast. Of course, she missed her family and all, but she never complained and we didn't get to go back to the Phils for 5-1/2 years after she and her son arrived here.

I plan to do the same with my current fiancee (even if that wasn't planned how it happened with my ex, but now I know what to do!!) And also now even I am divorced from my filipina ex, I still have many Filipino friends I met and aquired through her. Not all, but many (everything gets divided in divorce - even friends!) So they are also ready and waiting eagerly the arrival of my fiancee to help her to settle in and adjust.

I don't know if where you live with your fiance/husband there is already a Filipino community, but you won;t find out until you are out.

Hang in there and God bless to you and Welcome to the USA!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

That's okay, it will get better I promise :) the first few weeks were hard for me too.. you'll be okay, you just need to get settled. It takes time. God bless!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

yeah..i used to enjoy playing these stuff at home,,when i started playing here..i just started to cry,... i wish i'll get better soon..i love my husband.. i don't want him to see me sad..

Darren makes a good point "join your life to his", it is so important that you show him when you are sad, otherwise he will not know how to help you. Communication is huge. Every time there is something wrong with Monreal I can tell, but when I ask her what's wrong, she only says "nothing". So I will ask her over and over again until it pisses her off enough that she tells me. And when she tells me, its a huge weight off her shoulders and she feels better. I don't know why she is so afraid to communicate. I would never get mad at my wife because she was communicating what she feels. Tell him everything about how you feel so you both can work out ways to fix the problem, believe me he will love you for it, he won't be mad. If Monreal is sad, then I want to be sad with her. Because otherwise she will be all alone feeling that way, and I won't know how to help her.

John

I think it is harder for women than for men (in most cases) to make a big change such as a move, leaving family behind, particularly to another country. Marriage is ITSELF a big move, and some people stay in their own home town, or close by, or just move a few states away. YOU, however, are changing countries, cultures, lifestyles, joining with a stranger from another land, and leaving EVERYTHING you know behind you. It's nothing short of incredible what you are doing, and I am sure it's overwhelming... But look at how many people you know who never even leave their own province, or barangay. Wow, what an adventure you have set out upon!

I trust it will get better with time. Use Skype or YM or email to stay in touch with family, and just make progress each day with starting and growing your NEW family. Lots of good advice above, I think especially seeking out fellow Pinays/Pinoys to help you stay in touch your past, and to encourage to grow in your future. Hopefully you guys can go back and visit your family from time to time, and that will make it better for you.

Best of luck to you guys in your new life!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

you might check this out

http://www.pinoy101tv.blogspot.com/

I haven't tried it but it seems to be Philippino tv shows you can watch on the computer. and some radio shows also, you probably need a decent internet connection.

:thumbs: Excellent. Thanks, Dan.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

just a week.... :(thank you..

:( Ah, I remember it was rough for my wife too. Hang in there. Have your husband take you to Mass on Sunday and you might just run into some other Filipinos. As difficult as it is, you've got to move forward and begin your new life here, and that shouldn't be limited to just your husband, especially when you had a whole network of family and friends for love and support. You can start a new network of friends here, while still keeping in touch with the ones back home. Take care and stay positive. (F)

Edited by DFH

it happens to everyone, I've been in the philippines 6 months, and on about the 3rd month I was frustrated and missed home. You just have to force yourself to learn the ways and adjust to whatever country you are in. Often i am used to doing things my way, but it doesn't work like that. I have to eat what everyone else eats, and live the same way

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

here's another website you can watch pinoy tv online.... http://wowhaneptv.com/

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

saan ka dito?

Struthers, Ohio

since 1 week ka pa lang dito.. hehe send me your phone number if you like.. i'll give you a call.

you can dish the latest chizmis to me. lol.

but seriously, you can pm me if you want to stay in touch.

Edited by chinese_mutt

Filed: Timeline

Yes, give it time. Keep yourself busy! Normal lang yan. I've been here for 4 years now and i'd still get homesick sometimes. Go out. Make new friends. As for me, working helped a lot! Oh and shopping! LOL just kidding. Cry kung kailangan. Talk to your friends and family back home. That's what I do. Hang in there. It'll get better, I promise. :)

yeah..i used to enjoy playing these stuff at home,,when i started playing here..i just started to cry,... i wish i'll get better soon..i love my husband.. i don't want him to see me sad..

Asan ka sa US? I've been living here for 3 years and I still feel lonely. I got a job, met some awesome people at work but its still not the same until I met some fellow Filipinos. Let me know if you are in San Jose, CA...

________________________________________________________________________________

Lifting of Conditions (I-751)

CIS Service Center Lifting filed :California Service Center

Lifting of Conditions Filing date(I-751) :01/25/11

Lifting of Conditions NOA Date :01/31/11

Lifting of conditions RFE Dates (if any) :None

Lifting of conditions Biometrics Appt Date :03/04/11

Lifting of conditions Interview Date :None

Lifting of conditions Approval :04/18/11

Card Production Ordered: :04/18/11

Lifting of conditions Approved :Yes

Green Card received Date :Waiting 30-day Timeframe

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated for transfer

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date : Received the Letter on March 16, 2009 that AOS is approved

Approved : NOA Date is March 12, 2009

Got I551 Stamp : We did not ask for the stamp

Greencard Received:Received ( Date forgotten)

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Online status was updated on March 12, that Card Production is ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.