kevest

blue question

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 bait posts removed along with 1 quoting.

one person's access to this thread removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Kevest,

This may be a dumb question but why didn't you submit a letter explaining why you did't file a tax return

when clearly the instruction say to include the recent tax return with the submittal? The CO has to document your income with paperwork.

How would the CO do this without concrete evidence like a letter or so form of paperwork?

Did you include an employer letter stating what you make?

I am just surprise you got through NVC.

btw when i submitted my I864 to the NVC, my lawyer included the addendum at the back explaining the situation, i hope u see my logic here..

2 bait posts removed along with 1 quoting.

one person's access to this thread removed.

thanks for making this forum more friendly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

my brother didn't file his tax last year also because he was going to school full time, under certain age (college student), and not making a lot of income. my mom claimed him also. so yea, as a full time student you don't have to file. altho you probably should have included an letter explaining why you didn't have tax transcripts and that you were just hired. also yea, that CO seemed to be giving yoru fiance a hard time but at least she said you can send in a letter explaining your situation. hopefully all goes well.

Timeline

I have filled out tax returns for my children in the past, not because there income was so high but because of the income source. (Investments).

One year there was no income. I started to file a return just to keep a continuous record and after closer reading of the guidelines I did not.

It appeared if you had no income and were not entitled to any kind of refund or credit. You could be charged with filing a frivolous tax return and be fined or jailed.

like i mentioned before, i was on my dad's tax return as a dependent until i got married and had a son. i just talked to a tax preparer and my lawyer, and we were all on the same page. I only need to file a tax return for 2011 in 2012, not the previous years.

Thanks for the info though

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my brother didn't file his tax last year also because he was going to school full time, under certain age (college student), and not making a lot of income. my mom claimed him also. so yea, as a full time student you don't have to file. altho you probably should have included an letter explaining why you didn't have tax transcripts and that you were just hired. also yea, that CO seemed to be giving yoru fiance a hard time but at least she said you can send in a letter explaining your situation. hopefully all goes well.

A full time student that earns above the filing requirement does have to file a tax return. Being a student is not a blanket reason to not file a tax return.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

A full time student that earns above the filing requirement does have to file a tax return. Being a student is not a blanket reason to not file a tax return.

true, it depends on the amount of unearned income and earned income, however if a full time student earned under those certain amount, that person do not need to file a federal income tax return

for reference, check out the IRS website http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96623,00.html

hope this solves all the unnecessary confusion

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Based on what you have said, it is understandable that you got a blue slip. The good thing is it is easily addressed. Just get the notarized letter explaining why you didn't have to file the returns along with the returns (not the transcripts) from your co-sponsors for 3 years and mail these to your husband and all should be good. Yes I know they only require 1 year, but why take a chance now that you will get another blue slip for the other two years. As always, better to supply more than is needed and avoid further delays.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Get something from HR Bblock, your own letter, employer letter, parents tax return show you as dependent, return all documents requested. Co sponsor items?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

ok I've been reading about "BLUE" and "PINK"

and I have to ask: what does this mean :) and it is later with the interview, right? or is this initial NOA2 approval stuff??

can someone just give me a general description of what this all means, so that i can better understand the "blue and pink" discussions.

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

ok I've been reading about "BLUE" and "PINK"

and I have to ask: what does this mean :) and it is later with the interview, right? or is this initial NOA2 approval stuff??

can someone just give me a general description of what this all means, so that i can better understand the "blue and pink" discussions.

thanks

Rather than hijacking this thread its easy to start a new one.. click the new topic button above right...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

people people! i think OP has a point, to my understanding, OP had I864 with addendum attached explaining the situation of no tax return, which NVC accepted and her husband had OP parents irs transcripts, OP employment letter. If i were her,I would think I was well prepared for the interview and wouldn't think a written statement of explaining no tax return again was necessary.

OP gave us an insight of HCM CO stalling visa application.

Edited by areyouserious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP just highlighted again that HCM can do whatever they want, no matter how unreasonable it is. however the request was pretty simple and seems like she understood the process and knew what to do. i don't know why she had to start the thread like she needed help and vent etc and that just added to the confusion. the request seems pretty minor and if the rest of her story checks out (from CO pov) she should be getting pink unless they are truly stalling for something else.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

OP just highlighted again that HCM can do whatever they want, no matter how unreasonable it is. however the request was pretty simple and seems like she understood the process and knew what to do. i don't know why she had to start the thread like she needed help and vent etc and that just added to the confusion. the request seems pretty minor and if the rest of her story checks out (from CO pov) she should be getting pink unless they are truly stalling for something else.

of coz i do understand what additional documents i need to resubmit,im not stupid, however that s not why i started the thread, i was asking about how to track the case if we submit it before the date on the blue slip since we wont be given a receipt.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

quann

I was a guest browsing around until I read your comment because I totally disagree with you. VJ is a place to share ideas, to voice out , not just a place to SEEK HELP as you said. If everyone were like you, VJ wouldn't be as it is right now. Every OP in this forum has a right to give opinions, advice and interact with other VJers.

Edited by seacrest

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

believe it or not not every interview ends with PINK...they do give out blue regularly asking for additional information. i've only been here for a few months and i've probably read scotthuy's canned response "if you want to submit docs earlier than on the blue date, make a copy and bring it in a week early" at least on 3-4 separate threads...to the point where i repeated his answer to a couple other VJ'ers.

most of the time you'd find the answer faster with a diy if you just do a quick search...instead of waiting for others to respond. that's my point.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.