boboroad

Did everyone meet thier spouse online?

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

All I see is "Image hosted by Tripod." I was all excited to see a Klingon warrior, dammit. :(

How about this one?

george-sulu.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :lol: I have no doubt your woman would be hotter. ;)

:lol: There's got to be at least a few million women in this world better looking than George Takei. :P

And even a few million men. :P

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We met online as well, in January 2004, and were married in November of the same year. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Met in a Yahoo chatroom 7 years ago. Met in person after 6 months. Madly in love. :D

3 and a half year long distance relationship that almost broke us up a few times but love conquered all and we were finally married on August 8th, 2003. :thumbs:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

David is quite proud of the fact that we met 'the old fashioned way', given this age of on-line hook ups. He sent a note to me via a waitress in a restaurant on the second night I was in Germany on vacation in Aug05. If we had relied on the computer, we never would have met. He hates computers. You'll never see him post here.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife

.......was my personal Vietnamese Language tutor in HCMC, Vietnam in April 2000 :)

Now, she teaches the Foreign Service Embassy employees in N. Virginia. ( I gave her a positive letter of reference)

We meet online and she was just learning English. This is how I came to love her. Because we had a relationship without ties, we just wrote each other and slowly become to know one another without any attachment. Now I love this woman I came to know. At first we came to know each other personal lives and how each one was. It was great. I love my Rosana. :D:D:D

Hey Rosana I love you honey (L)(F)

Edited by ld&rd

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
No, we did not meet online

Oh, c'mon. How did you meet?

I think I got to VJ too late to hear that story...

We met in a bar. Given who I am, and being more of the artistic persuasion, I can't really believe I met someone in a bar, watching sports no less, but I did.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

No, we met in person in my hometown while he was there for work.

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We met online. He found me on Cupidbay.com. After talking for almost a year I went to Morocco to meet and marry him (L) Now we are back to using the internet again until we can be together..

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

No, we did not meet online. We met at a wedding in Holland (and I really didn't know anyone at the wedding, I was randomly invited, so I went). If I hadn't been working for an airline at the time, we wouldn't be where we are today. Sometimes I marvel how lucky I am that we did meet, because he makes me so happy, but really.....the chances that our paths would cross and we would meet....I don't want to think about what the what ifs...

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Nope - we did not meet online :)

We met working as camp counselors in North Carolina about 6 years ago :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg