Timeline

Where has all the pie and gun talk been lately? :help:

:thumbs::rofl:

C'mon, guys, really :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Speaking of guns, I saw "Cowboys and Aliens" with Alla the other night and it was refreshing to see that not every dirty hombre pulled a Colt Single Action Army out of his holster. Harrison Ford had one, but he was portrayed as a rich guy and so he WOULD have had one, nickle plated to boot! Most people had M1871 Colt conversions and various other revolvers. These were available for about 1/8th the cost orf the SAA which easily exceeded the monthly income of most people at the time. Also there was a mix of single shot rifles, shotguns, and Wincjesters of earlier vintages which would have been more correct for the period. It gets a little revolting when all the guys in a movie portrayed as the 1880's or even 1870's have guns that were not invented until the mid 1890's and were far to expensive to be in common use anyway. :lol:

Then of course there were the aliens with flying machines and lasers...so much for authenticity. :P

I've been doing some skeet shooting with the boys and Sergey has been buring up ammo in my Dad's old M1911. It has the M1911 big hammer and small grip safety, so it BITES! :o He wears a glove and it is no problem. He is fascinated with the "American Army Pistol" which is at least as famous as the FSU's Kalashnikov. I have no Kalashnikovs but have a couple versions of the AR so he gets to shoot those. They are accurate but he says they will not sork if you put sand in them. I believe it and have no need to try it. He thinks the M1 and M1A are interesting but heavy. He rattled his teeth with two shots from the M70 .375 H&H I have to keep elephants out of the garden. That was enough of that. :lol:

The .22s are accurate but seem a bit tame for the boys, they want something that makes noise and big splashes in the dirt. We did some physics experimtns with large rocks on the side of a mountain and the Shiloh Sharps M1874 LR Express, probably my all time favorite rifle (closely follwed by the M1895 Winchester) The rifle is a .45-110 2-7/8" and heaves a big 550gr. Postell cast bullet a long way. I never got into long range shooting the way I had planned when I ordered the rifle but it is great fun to shoot a big rocks from 1000+ yards. :D

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My "guns and pie" contribution...

I just learned the nearby small Marine Corp base is going to build a state-of-the-art shooting range AND gun shop! While this is primarily for the benefit of the active military, retirees and quests are welcome to use the facility. This is 2-minutes from my door...so I'm thinking I hit the lottery.

This will be a 50-yard range and anything up to very high-powered rounds are welcome (pretty much anything below a 50 cal. round) as are shotguns shooting buck and birdshot...this is something you can't even shoot at the NRA range, which is where I usually go. This means each lane will be walled-off from the adjoining lanes so there's no "pellet scattering issues" Wow! is all I can say. It is also going to be very "green." The engineering system retrieves 99% of all lead expended...so much so they can recycle the lead that's captured.

Also, there will be enough shooting lanes that the facility will never need to close for Marine qualifications or training. And it will be open early to late 7-days a week. I'm still trying to take in just how great this is going to be...and just 2 minutes away.

The fact that there will be a large gun shop with all kinds of weapons and tactical goodies within the facility is the icing on the cake. There will be no state sales tax, no FFL fees, no waiting periods...just $2.00 for the background check and you walk out the door with your new weapon.

I bought a caulking gun last weekend and my wifed baked strawberry tarts on Saturday, does that count? :P

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

I bought a caulking gun last weekend and my wifed baked strawberry tarts on Saturday, does that count? :P

I think you get credit for a thread jack assist. It counts, but may not help your stats :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I think you get credit for a thread jack assist. It counts, but may not help your stats :lol:

:lol:

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

We've never seen, say, Slim poke a little fun at his wife?

I've never poked fun at my wife. I've posted real stories and/or events, quotes, etc.

This is what happens when we have "visitors" to our forum. I'm glad you pointed it out because I was getting ready to do so.

This is the RUB forum. Guns and pie. Hot chicks. Fat old bald guys. That's what we do. All that OT and P&R ####### needs to stay in the other forums.

He is fascinated with the "American Army Pistol" which is at least as famous as the FSU's Kalashnikov. I have no Kalashnikovs

I love the 1911. I will be buying one soon. I was carrying the small Para Nite Hawg but I think this go-round I'll be going fullsize with the P-14.

A Kalashnikov is something I've always wanted but never bought. I will be taking care of that soon as well. I'm thinking Yugo underfolder. Thoughts?

he says they will not sork if you put sand in them. I believe it and have no need to try it.

I hear this argument quite often. "ARs won't run if you get sand in them." First of all, that's false. I've used an M-16 in sandy conditions and while it won't run like an AK, it will operate, provided you didn't bury it in the sand. If you get a few grains of sand in the action, it'll bind up a little but it's not horrible. It will still operate.

When it's splashed with LSA or CLP or grease or whatever, it will catch sand and get very grainy. Operation in sandy conditions requires a dry lube like graphite or clean with CLP, wipe down to almost no lube at all. A nice air hose will remedy most sand problems if sprayed out daily.

The funny thing about this argument to me is folks who live on the east coast or midwest or something always use this one as justification of why they don't have an AR. "Cause it won't work in the sandbox." Uh, dude, you don't live in the sandbox. You live in the woods.

He thinks the M1 and M1A are interesting but heavy.

I'd have to agree with him. Fine rifles, both. But, like women, why would you carry around a big fat one when a lighter, sleeker model is just as good?

The .22s are accurate but seem a bit tame for the boys, they want something that makes noise and big splashes in the dirt.

The more I use .22s, the more I respect them. They don't make a big splash and a lot of noise... and that's a good thing!

heaves a big 550gr. Postell cast bullet a long way.

Whoa! That's a huge load!

just $2.00 for the background check and you walk out the door with your new weapon.

NICS checks are free. Why is there a $2.00 charge?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm not Russian, but I never have ice in my drink. It's a thing from the UK, I think.

re:Guns- Top Shot starts again this Tuesday, doesn't it? I love that show. :D

and did anyone see that competition show on being a one man army or whatever? the episode I saw - the AIR FORCE guy beat out the ex-Marine, ex-Army guy and some cop :) I was so proud!

[edit- and there was also an Ultimate Fighter in it . The AF guy beat him too! ]

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
So we are sitting at an outdoor cafe in Burlington.
A biologist, a physicist, and a mathematician are sitting at an outdoor cafe in Burlington or elsewhere, watching the world go by. They see two people enter the house across the street; a little while later, they observe three people exiting the house.

"They have reproduced," says the biologist.

"The measurement wasn't accurate," says the physicist.

"If now exactly one person enters the house," says the mathematician, "it will be empty again."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

re:Guns- Top Shot starts again this Tuesday, doesn't it? I love that show. :D

I don't know. I'll have to check into it. I was under the impression it'd be another year but we'll see. I know they'd already casted season three before season two ended. Maybe there'll be two per year?

and did anyone see that competition show on being a one man army or whatever? the episode I saw - the AIR FORCE guy beat out the ex-Marine, ex-Army guy and some cop :) I was so proud!

[edit- and there was also an Ultimate Fighter in it . The AF guy beat him too! ]

I haven't watched it but I know I've had a lot of debates with people who said AF guys are not very tough compared to army, Marines, etc.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
two languages have a similar word with different meanings. "Kak" is a good example.
Even more poignantly, a not-uncommon first name in Turkey is "Ufuk."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I haven't watched it but I know I've had a lot of debates with people who said AF guys are not very tough compared to army, Marines, etc.

It was great! there was an ex-Marine, ex Army, a Cop and an Ultimate fighter all in a HumVee at the beginning talking......and of course ripping on the AF guy....' chair force' and ' fly boy'. He was not as buff and muscle bound as the others and he was praying the first challenge was not a water one. It was and he was the only one who completed it and went on to dispatch the other competitors one by one to win! He was a SrA in Cryptology or Intelligence or something and whilst all the muscle bound buff guys were poking at him....he won!

edit- I was watching last season's rerun of Top Shot and was kind of sad that the AF sniper got eliminated so near the end, but the guy that won, I thought deserved to. the AF guy was very cocky.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've been doing some skeet shooting with the boys and Sergey has been buring up ammo in my Dad's old M1911.

:huh: skeet shooting with a 1911?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Actually you can find the correct answer by running a google hit contest. I used to do it once in a while when studying Spanish (you put in quotation marks the phrase in question...The incorrect one would get <1000 hits and the correct way of saying it would have millions of hits). I can't think of any examples off the top of my head so I will do the "moot point" (correct) vs. "mute point" (incorrect).

Apparently saying that someone has a "mute point" is a rather common phrase that people say...I never heard it in my life until Danno said it the other day

What is moot point?

A moot point technically means a position subject to debate or arguable, but is used to mean the point is meaningless.

“Moot point,” not “mute point”

I haven’t heard this myself, but my friend Celeste has and it’s so hilarious it deserves a blog entry.

Apparently Celeste has heard people say, “It’s a mute point.”

That’s “mute” pronounced “mee-yoot” as in remaining silent.

The correct term is “moot point” and the correct first word, its spelling, and pronunciation is “moot.” Like adding T to the end of what a cow would say.

And what is meant by “moot point”? A moot point is one that need not be decided, due to a change of circumstances. Very interesting, because the word “moot” by itself means “debatable, or subject to discussion,” the opposite of its use in the legal context. The shift in usage is slowly happening, starting here in the United States.

But what’s this about a “mute point”? As Celeste reports to me, some people say this thinking it means, “Let’s put the mute button on and cease any discussion on this.”

I stand corrected. I have heard it for years but never saw it written, so I made a common mistake. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A biologist, a physicist, and a mathematician are sitting at an outdoor cafe in Burlington or elsewhere, watching the world go by. They see two people enter the house across the street; a little while later, they observe three people exiting the house.

"They have reproduced," says the biologist.

"The measurement wasn't accurate," says the physicist.

"If now exactly one person enters the house," says the mathematician, "it will be empty again."

:rofl:

I am so telling Sergey!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.