drake_con

fiancee in ukraine.. Plz Help!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi i my fiancee is in ukraine . she came to US 2 and a half years ago as an aupair and then changed her status here legally from j1 to f1. and now a month ago she went back to visit her home and got denied the visa twice (f1) now i wana go there and propose her and file for a k1. does any one know how much chances she has to get k1 approved and if there is any legit and cost effective k1 lawyers' websites out there who i can hire. i found out easyfiancevisa.com but dont know for sure if they are legit since i read a couple of bad reviews about them.. PLEASE HELP!!! im really miserable and really want her to come back soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi i my fiancee is in ukraine . she came to US 2 and a half years ago as an aupair and then changed her status here legally from j1 to f1. and now a month ago she went back to visit her home and got denied the visa twice (f1) now i wana go there and propose her and file for a k1. does any one know how much chances she has to get k1 approved and if there is any legit and cost effective k1 lawyers' websites out there who i can hire. i found out easyfiancevisa.com but dont know for sure if they are legit since i read a couple of bad reviews about them.. PLEASE HELP!!! im really miserable and really want her to come back soon.

Go there and propose. If she says yes then come back here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

The process is bureaucratic - not legal. There are no courts or judges. Just paperwork and documentation. You don't need a lawyer.

You'll need proof that the last time you met, face-to-face, was less than two years ago.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why do you need a lawyer? If you don't have any significant legal problems such as visa overstays on her part or domestic violence convictions on your part you can probably do better without one! Tell us more about your situation and we can advise you better. Why was her visa application denied?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sounds like you two spent quite some time together, so there is a good chance she will get the visa. Be sure to keep copies of any emails, phone bills etc to show you two communicate, and start looking for proof you were together (photos, hotel bills etc) when she was here. You can file today if you want, no need to "officially get engaged", as long as both of you are agreed to get married.

This is a DYI site, so most people here have not used lawyers. If you can fill out forms correctly, and there are no major issues (criminal convictions, over stay etc), there is no need to hire a lawyer, who will only slow things down- a fiance visa isn't quite to start off with, you are looking at 6-8 months or more till she'll have the visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Why do you need a lawyer? If you don't have any significant legal problems such as visa overstays on her part or domestic violence convictions on your part you can probably do better without one! Tell us more about your situation and we can advise you better. Why was her visa application denied?

well she did not overstay she legeally extended her stay here after one year of aupair and then before her visa expired she got her status changed to f1 and it was legal till the end of 2012. so do u still thnk i should carry on without da lawyer.

she got denied due to a reason that she didnot show enough ties with ukraine and wat do you mean by overstay?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

she got denied due to a reason that she didnot show enough ties with ukraine and wat do you mean by overstay?

It sounds like you would not have a difficult time doing this without the lawyer. It is really no more than knowing how to fill out the forms and where to send them. This site has all the information you need. If you have a question you just come on here and ask it and someone will answer. Why pay an attorney for service that is probably not as good?

I think you already answered re the issue of 'overstay'. As long as she was never here after her visa was expired she did not overstay the visa. The only time an attorney is necessary is if you have serious legal problems requiring waivers, like if she had a visa 'overstay' or you had criminal convictions for domestic abuse, substance abuse, etc.

It sounds like you would not have a difficult time doing this without the lawyer. It is really no more than knowing how to fill out the forms and where to send them. This site has all the information you need. If you have a question you just come on here and ask it and someone will answer. Why pay an attorney for service that is probably not as good?

I think you already answered re the issue of 'overstay'. As long as she was never here after her visa was expired she did not overstay the visa. The only time an attorney is necessary is if you have serious legal problems requiring waivers, like if she had a visa 'overstay' or you had criminal convictions for domestic abuse, substance abuse, etc.

well she did stay here after her visa was expired but she had a legal f1 status till 2012. would dat be considered overstay and she got denied like maybe 2 weeks ago so how soon can i start this process because i dont want her to get denied again and get a ban ... that would be awful.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

"Overstay" is if she stayed here illegally without a visa. It sounds like she went through the correct steps.

You should be fine if you go the K-1 route. I'm guessing you two have a lot of pictures together already. You have proof that she's here.

You already referred to her as your fiancee. Does this mean you're already engaged and you'd be visiting just for an "official engagement trip?" That's not necessary for the paperwork of filing. If you both intend on marrying, you have proof of meeting in person w/in the last two years, and proof of an ongoing relationship...you could send the petition in with all the appropriate paperwork. There's really no need for a lawyer at this point. If problems came up later on in the process, then maybe you could hire one as a consultant. But it's filling out paperwork, putting it together, and mailing it. You'd save yourself a lot of money without using a lawyer right now just by reading diligently and following directions.

If you have the means and the time to go to the Ukraine...I say go so that you can visit your fiancee :) But it doesn't sound like it's necessary just to start the paperwork.

Good luck. This forum is the best place to ask questions. Everyone is super helpful and well informed...and without the price of a lawyer :)

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

"Overstay" is if she stayed here illegally without a visa. It sounds like she went through the correct steps.

You should be fine if you go the K-1 route. I'm guessing you two have a lot of pictures together already. You have proof that she's here.

You already referred to her as your fiancee. Does this mean you're already engaged and you'd be visiting just for an "official engagement trip?" That's not necessary for the paperwork of filing. If you both intend on marrying, you have proof of meeting in person w/in the last two years, and proof of an ongoing relationship...you could send the petition in with all the appropriate paperwork. There's really no need for a lawyer at this point. If problems came up later on in the process, then maybe you could hire one as a consultant. But it's filling out paperwork, putting it together, and mailing it. You'd save yourself a lot of money without using a lawyer right now just by reading diligently and following directions.

If you have the means and the time to go to the Ukraine...I say go so that you can visit your fiancee :) But it doesn't sound like it's necessary just to start the paperwork.

Good luck. This forum is the best place to ask questions. Everyone is super helpful and well informed...and without the price of a lawyer :)

thank you so much for your support .. see i have to go there coz we have only been dating for last 5 months and were not really big on pics coz of our age difference im 50 and shes 25 . but this past month we both realised how much we have grown close to each other and that we love each other and i really love her alot . im gona go there to propose her but im worried bout her getting denied the f1 twice and also our age .does the age matter.. she mite be 25 but she is really mature and knows where her life is and what she wants to do with it. ??

thank you so much for your support .. see i have to go there coz we have only been dating for last 5 months and were not really big on pics coz of our age difference im 50 and shes 25 . but this past month we both realised how much we have grown close to each other and that we love each other and i really love her alot . im gona go there to propose her but im worried bout her getting denied the f1 twice and also our age .does the age matter.. she mite be 25 but she is really mature and knows where her life is and what she wants to do with it. ??

thank you so much for your support .. see i have to go there coz we have only been dating for last 5 months and were not really big on pics coz of our age difference im 50 and shes 25 . but this past month we both realised how much we have grown close to each other and that we love each other and i really love her alot .i call her thru calling cards but im gona sart using skype so i can save our convo but we never thot we would fall in love and this situation would happen so we dont have any proof of our relationships shes not a big fan of social networks and we never took pics toghther coz she doesnt like pics . i have her alone pics which she sent me from home like a week or 2 ago but thats it. im gona go there to propose her but im worried bout her getting denied the f1 twice and also our age .does the age matter.. she mite be 25 but she is really mature and knows where her life is and what she wants to do with it. ??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

thank you so much for your support .. see i have to go there coz we have only been dating for last 5 months and were not really big on pics coz of our age difference im 50 and shes 25 . but this past month we both realised how much we have grown close to each other and that we love each other and i really love her alot .i call her thru calling cards but im gona sart using skype so i can save our convo but we never thot we would fall in love and this situation would happen so we dont have any proof of our relationships shes not a big fan of social networks and we never took pics toghther coz she doesnt like pics . i have her alone pics which she sent me from home like a week or 2 ago but thats it. im gona go there to propose her but im worried bout her getting denied the f1 twice and also our age .does the age matter.. she mite be 25 but she is really mature and knows where her life is and what she wants to do with it. ??

I see. Your trip would be great then for pictures and of course formally proposing to her. That'll be a special moment for you both to share.

I'm sure they may question the age difference, but something that may help is also having letters from her family members and maybe yours stating their support of the marriage? I'm 7 years older than my fiance, and we had his sister write a letter and sign it. I will also have one from my parents for him to bring to the interview. But I'm not an expert, and I don't know if they'll give her trouble for the age difference or for the previous visa denials. I hope someone will chime in and help. Maybe you can consult a lawyer and talk to them, but not necessarily pay for them to do the whole process.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

the only issue I see potentially is if this was your au pair and this relationship ended your marriage. That might be a red flag with consular section.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I would also question the reason she was denied twice on her visa application after being here for so long and then returning home, assuming all was legal.Do you know the reasons for the denial?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

"I would also question the reason she was denied twice on her visa application after being here for so long and then returning home, assuming all was legal.Do you know the reasons for the denial?"

It seems that a single young woman has an extra burden proving sufficient ties to her home country and it's not surprising she was denied a tourist visa or two.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.