27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't stress enough how huge a difference it is, when the petitioner (me) is there during the interview. It starts even before you get inside. When we got to the embassy about 5:45 there were maybe 150 or so people ahead of us. Said to myself and my fiancée, we are going to be here all day. Then about 10 minutes later the officials started walking through the lines outside and picked out all of the American people that were there with their fiancées and moved us all to the head of the line. So COOL! They had us outside at the booth, show appointment letters and all the required documents. They also were very appreciative of the fact that we had all our documents organized, filled out, and ready to go.

We got inside at about 6:30 and turned in the DS156's, DS157, Visa receipt and got our number. Ten minutes later they called our number and we go to a window for fingerprinting. Another ten minutes go to another window and turn in the NBI, birth certificate, centomar, and passport. The lady then at the window swore in my fiancée, then asked how we met, showed her a couple photos of us together before the petition was filed and then she asked for my I-134 and tax returns. About an hour later, go to another window and again asked “how did we meet”. I actually did most of the talking this time. It was with a very nice American lady and it lasted about 3 minutes. She looked at all of the required documents one more time, did not ask for any other supporting documents or even evidence of an ongoing relationship. Nothing else and then those magic words. “Visa approved”. “Go to window 72 and make arrangements to receive you Visa”. Left the embassy at 9:00. Total time 2 hours 30 minutes! WOW!

Thanks everyone from VJ for making this a walk in the park, and again to all of you about to do this, if you possibly can, be there during the interview with your fiancée. Like the saying goes…. JUST DO IT! It’s well worth it! Best to everyone.

So now my next question is… How do I track her Visa for pick up. I wanna go home and I’m not leaving without her. LOL !!!! Again thanks everyone…..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Congratulations on your visa approval.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Congrats!kicking.gifWait a couple of days or so and then try to track through 2go's website. But, lately, I have seen people waiting for the visa have better luck

actually calling 2go and asking them where the visa is.

I hope they let me in too. Patty's interview is August 16. I guess I'll just have to make it known I am the petitioner w/ my US Passport since I am Filipino

and a Naturalized USC...yes.gif

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i had my interview, we fell in line and it was a systematic one....

didnt notice a special treatment (to anybody) that time....

the approved ones got 2-5 min interview....

congrats and goodluck to all !!!!

Congrats!kicking.gifWait a couple of days or so and then try to track through 2go's website. But, lately, I have seen people waiting for the visa have better luck

I hope they let me in too. Patty's interview is August 16. I guess I'll just have to make it known I am the petitioner w/ my US Passport since I am Filipino

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

congratulations!!

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

Thanks for the info!! For sure they will let you in. It makes their job much easier because the interview is to mainly verify that you are a real person, and it is not a scam. So if you are there in person all doubt is removed. Make sure to bring your passport to ID yourself and double check that you have all the required documentation and it is complete. Good luck!

Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Timeline

when i had my interview, we fell in line and it was a systematic one....

didnt notice a special treatment (to anybody) that time....

the approved ones got 2-5 min interview....

congrats and goodluck to all !!!!

Yea, I was really surprised when the official pulled us out of line and took us to the front, along with other K-1 couples. Can’t say for sure why but I’m not complaining.

Timeline

Thanks for the info!! For sure they will let you in. It makes their job much easier because the interview is to mainly verify that you are a real person, and it is not a scam. So if you are there in person all doubt is removed. Make sure to bring your passport to ID yourself and double check that you have all the required documentation and it is complete. Good luck!

Timeline

Yes I understand that as few days ago have heard an ADVISORY about americans walking near the US embassy so they have point doing that this time..

I was wondering if it was normal thing there to have manned truck mounted 50 cal machine guns parked on the sidewalk like there was this morning. Hummmm

Congratz on your approval...and thanks for sharing your story. :star:

When Chinook interviewed, she saw Filipino World War II veterans in front of the Embassy signing up for their long-overdue payments. Some of the veterans were wearing their uniforms. They all looked to be in their 80's and 90's. That must have been quite a sight.

When Chinook interviewed, she saw Filipino World War II veterans in front of the Embassy signing up for their long-overdue payments. Some of the veterans were wearing their uniforms. They all looked to be in their 80's and 90's. That must have been quite a sight.

Timeline

As for tracking here's what a friend at another site told me she did. "If your girlfriend had already gone to her interview all you have to do is wait

for her visa to be delivered to the address you have given to the courier

service. you could also track the delivery through 2go's website by putting in

your gf's case number as the tracking number. If it says "invalid number"it

means that her visa is still with the embassy...it will show "In Transit" once

the visa is already forwarded to the courier service" hope that helps I have not personally tried that. Jim.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I can't stress enough how huge a difference it is, when the petitioner (me) is there during the interview. It starts even before you get inside. When we got to the embassy about 5:45 there were maybe 150 or so people ahead of us. Said to myself and my fiancée, we are going to be here all day. Then about 10 minutes later the officials started walking through the lines outside and picked out all of the American people that were there with their fiancées and moved us all to the head of the line. So COOL! They had us outside at the booth, show appointment letters and all the required documents. They also were very appreciative of the fact that we had all our documents organized, filled out, and ready to go.

We got inside at about 6:30 and turned in the DS156's, DS157, Visa receipt and got our number. Ten minutes later they called our number and we go to a window for fingerprinting. Another ten minutes go to another window and turn in the NBI, birth certificate, centomar, and passport. The lady then at the window swore in my fiancée, then asked how we met, showed her a couple photos of us together before the petition was filed and then she asked for my I-134 and tax returns. About an hour later, go to another window and again asked "how did we meet". I actually did most of the talking this time. It was with a very nice American lady and it lasted about 3 minutes. She looked at all of the required documents one more time, did not ask for any other supporting documents or even evidence of an ongoing relationship. Nothing else and then those magic words. "Visa approved". "Go to window 72 and make arrangements to receive you Visa". Left the embassy at 9:00. Total time 2 hours 30 minutes! WOW!

Thanks everyone from VJ for making this a walk in the park, and again to all of you about to do this, if you possibly can, be there during the interview with your fiancée. Like the saying goes…. JUST DO IT! It's well worth it! Best to everyone.

So now my next question is… How do I track her Visa for pick up. I wanna go home and I'm not leaving without her. LOL !!!! Again thanks everyone…..

Good job way to go, i hope others read this to get the idea that being prepared it the secret. Have a great life together.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.