jhp

OCTOBER 2011 visa bulletine prediction

997 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey VJ members,

I'm an F2A with pd sept27,2010.I'm on a student visa and will graduate next summer 2012.Then i will apply OPT that runs till August 2013.Do you think my priotiy date will be current before i apply for OPT or will be current after OPT ?Also what do you think about consular processing and AOS here in the US.THanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Pls indicate your priority date as F2a so others can give you a good advice.

My initial reponse to you may not be favorable. Firstly if your PD is not current then you are walking on a tight rope. You will soon age out 21 yrs old being the limit for f2a. You can't change status if your PD is not current and in the first place AOS is not a perk for LPR. Your being on student visa wil not help you at all except that it wll prolong your stay in the US as long as you are a student."

My priority date is August 1, 2010.

Wait for your PD to become current then that's the time you can determine if you age out or not and weigh your option. For your info my daughter has s student visa but when her I-130 was approved she was advised that she is not eligible for adjustment of status basically because I'm a LPR. She went home for consular processing when her PD became current.

Hey VJ members,

I'm an F2A ie spouse of LPR with pd sept27,2010.My I130 was approved and there was nothing on it stated as being not eligible for AOS.I'm on a student visa and will graduate next summer 2012.Then i will apply OPT that runs till August 2013.Do you think my priotiy date will be current before i apply for OPT or will be current after OPT ?Also what do you think about consular processing and AOS here in the US.THanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

How many of you agree that the PD for OCT will return to the pre retrogessed date i.e AUG 2010?

Considering USCIS statement that there are very few fillings in 2009 and early 2010 and the fact that new quota is going to be alloted for FY2012.

There you go my friend!!!I already bet 2 cents for it!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 posts have been removed for violating the Terms of Service for participation on Visa Journey and a third removed that quotes one of the removed posts. Administrative action has also been taken. Please remember that you do not have the right to attack or insult another VJ member. If someone posts something inappropriate you do not have the right to take matters into your own hands. Report the post to the Moderation Team and we will take care of it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How many of you agree that the PD for OCT will return to the pre retrogessed date i.e AUG 2010?

Considering USCIS statement that there are very few fillings in 2009 and early 2010 and the fact that new quota is going to be alloted for FY2012.

dude i think move more 5 to 6 months like july or aug 09 ! but i wish will return aug 2010

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi all,

I hope that all of u r fine and having a very good time. I am so happy to be in this wonderful and friendly forum. I hope that next visa bulletin will bring a very good news for all of us and there will be a great progress as it is the new fiscal year and they said that they will bring the cut-off dates to where they were before retrogression .

I read that in the site of NVC I hope that it will come true next bulletin so keep praying

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html

Retrogression: Sometimes a case that is current one month will not be current the next month. This occurs when the annual numerical limit has been reached. This usually happens near the end of a fiscal year (October 1 to September 30 of the next year). When the new fiscal year begins, the Visa Office gets a new supply of visa numbers and usually brings back the cut-off dates to where they were before retrogression

KEEP PRAYING GUYS GBU all

Timeline

hi all,

I hope that all of u r fine and having a very good time. I am so happy to be in this wonderful and friendly forum. I hope that next visa bulletin will bring a very good news for all of us and there will be a great progress as it is the new fiscal year and they said that they will bring the cut-off dates to where they were before retrogression .

I read that in the site of NVC I hope that it will come true next bulletin so keep praying

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html

Retrogression: Sometimes a case that is current one month will not be current the next month. This occurs when the annual numerical limit has been reached. This usually happens near the end of a fiscal year (October 1 to September 30 of the next year). When the new fiscal year begins, the Visa Office gets a new supply of visa numbers and usually brings back the cut-off dates to where they were before retrogression

KEEP PRAYING GUYS GBU all

My dear friend,

But there is another rule which is called monthly visa allotment. I believe it should be range between 3000-5000 per month. So what we expected that VB will move 3/4 month per VB. It will stay that way so in the future there's no more retrogression.

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Timeline

My dear friend,

But there is another rule which is called monthly visa allotment. I believe it should be range between 3000-5000 per month. So what we expected that VB will move 3/4 month per VB. It will stay that way so in the future there's no more retrogression.

i also believe in the same line....

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My dear friend,

Hi all ,

GBU all guys I hope that all of u r fine and having good time.

dear friend plz look at visa bulletin for 2006 there was retrogression in 2006 started in July 2006 and then in the beginning of the fiscal year there was a great progress a great leap about 19 months from 22SEP99 in Sep 2006 VB up to 22APR01 in Oct 2006 VB and after that it kept advancing till it reached 01MAR02 in Dec 2006 VB .

so I hope that the same thing will happen next VB and as I said before I read that in the site of NVC .

KEEP PRAYING GUYS

GBU all

hi,is their anyone from october filers get an DS3032 from NVC or tried to email it without being notified?did they accept it?

F2A JOURNEY (SPOUSE)

USCIS

2-07-2011 I-130 SENT

2-18-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 1

3-07-2011 TOUCHED

5-23-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 2

5-28-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 2(HARDCOPY)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

6-10-2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

3-21-2012 RECEIVED DS-3032 (CHOICE OF AGENT)

3-21-2012 RECEIVED AOS FEE BILL

3-21-2012 SEND CHOICE OF AGENT (E-MAIL)

3-22-2012 PAID AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

3-27-2012 SEND AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

3-28-2012 RECEIVED IV FEE BILL

3-29-2012 PAID IMMIGRANT VISA

Timeline

Hi all ,

GBU all guys I hope that all of u r fine and having good time.

dear friend plz look at visa bulletin for 2006 there was retrogression in 2006 started in July 2006 and then in the beginning of the fiscal year there was a great progress a great leap about 19 months from 22SEP99 in Sep 2006 VB up to 22APR01 in Oct 2006 VB and after that it kept advancing till it reached 01MAR02 in Dec 2006 VB .

so I hope that the same thing will happen next VB and as I said before I read that in the site of NVC .

KEEP PRAYING GUYS

GBU all

Not agreed. 2011 retrogression was made of many documentarily qualified applicants were in waiting list and also uscis determined to approved I -130 application within 5 months period. Back in 2006 uscis was 2-3yrs backlog to approve i-130 application. That's the big reason VB was big jump in 2006 after retrogression. I hope you got my point.

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.