jhp

OCTOBER 2011 visa bulletine prediction

997 posts in this topic

Guys i have one important question:

My husband has filed my I130, but since he is a green card holder and he doesnt stay in USA, so he doesnt have a job there and no tax retuns and W2 forms, in this case i have asked my uncle to be my joint-sponser and submitted his tax returns to the NVC along with my I864 forms, now is it also necesary to submit my husbands tax return to embassy at the time of my interview? or only the joint-sponsers document are sufficant? plsease help :wacko::help:

If ur husband does not work in US ,and has not filed taxes in US,You must present a letter explaining why ur husband has not filed his taxes...In this case the reason should be that he does not work in US.

PD...January 11,2009.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I have been following up with this forum for a long time, and wanted to join u guys. I have a dilemma,and would really appreciate if you guys can help me out

Here is the situation :

My father is a permanent resident, he filed an I-130 for me, and it was approved when I was 20 yrs old which puts me under F2A visa category. He will become a citizen in 2 years and I will be 23. My question is will my petition upgrade to an immediate relative and can I adjust my status even though I have been out of status. I came to the USA with a visa and an I-94. Also, does being a student helps ?

Thank you

Pls indicate your priority date as F2a so others can give you a good advice.

My initial reponse to you may not be favorable. Firstly if your PD is not current then you are walking on a tight rope. You will soon age out 21 yrs old being the limit for f2a. You can't change status if your PD is not current and in the first place AOS is not a perk for LPR. Your being on student visa wil not help you at all except that it wll prolong your stay in the US as long as you are a student.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If ur husband does not work in US ,and has not filed taxes in US,You must present a letter explaining why ur husband has not filed his taxes...In this case the reason should be that he does not work in US.

I got a same issue....I submited the explaination but they told me must submit the Tax Return... Then I submited the Late Tax Return. I think you contact with good Immigration Lawyer.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

i have a question if a person is permenant resident and studying and does not working then how can he file a tax return???? then should he file nil return????? is it must for him to file tax return for aos???? plz help me :help::help::help:

Edited by jhp

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Guys i have one important question:

My husband has filed my I130, but since he is a green card holder and he doesnt stay in USA, so he doesnt have a job there and no tax retuns and W2 forms, in this case i have asked my uncle to be my joint-sponser and submitted his tax returns to the NVC along with my I864 forms, now is it also necesary to submit my husbands tax return to embassy at the time of my interview? or only the joint-sponsers document are sufficant? plsease help :wacko::help:

You say that your husband does not live/work in the USA. So how are you going to solve the domicile issue? … the petitioner has to have a US Domicile.

The U.S. Domicile Requirement for Petitioners

Your petitioner must live in the United States or in a U.S. territory or possession. If your petitioner does not, he or she cannot sponsor you for immigration to the United States.

You must convince the consular officer that your petitioner lives in the United States. To do this, you may provide the following:

• A photograph of your petitioner holding a recent newspaper while at a location that clearly is in the United States (such as a U.S. Post Office);

• current mortgage or bank statements showing your petitioner’s U.S. address;

• certificates of employment, pay stubs, or utility bills in your petitioner’s name (phone, power, water, cable, Internet, etc.).

• If your petitioner currently is not in the United States, and he/she is a U.S. citizen, he/she should provide a letter of intent to return with you to the United States.

Petitioners who are legal permanent residents must be physically present in the United States.

Filed: Timeline

I'm fine with cutoff date moving at 3-4 months at a time so long as there's no fuxking retrogression!!!!

:dancing::reading::energy::dead:

I dont know why people are being so negative and have accepted that even 3 -4 months forward movement is good news??? There wont/cant be any more retrogression atleast not back to 2008. Most if not all with pd before Oct Nov 2008 got interviews already. GET THAT. even 2009 will move forward atleast 5-6 months at a time. We shouldnt expect anything less.

@009 should be covered in 2 months or 3 months MAX.

i have a question if a person is permenant resident and studying and does not working then how can he file a tax return???? then should he file nil return????? is it must for him to file tax return for aos???? plz help me :help::help::help:

We just went through that with my niece. My brother has not worked for a while so he has no taxes filed. We just sent a letter explaining why he didn't file them and my niece got her visa just fine.

PD: 30 DEC 2008

CC: 12 DEC 2010

Interview: 04 OCT 2011: Approved

POE: 15 OCT 2011 JFK

Timeline

We just went through that with my niece. My brother has not worked for a while so he has no taxes filed. We just sent a letter explaining why he didn't file them and my niece got her visa just fine.

thanks friend...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

How many of you agree that the PD for OCT will return to the pre retrogessed date i.e AUG 2010?

Considering USCIS statement that there are very few fillings in 2009 and early 2010 and the fact that new quota is going to be alloted for FY2012.

Edited by miraya

PD: March 2011

Timeline

I dont know why people are being so negative and have accepted that even 3 -4 months forward movement is good news??? There wont/cant be any more retrogression atleast not back to 2008. Most if not all with pd before Oct Nov 2008 got interviews already. GET THAT. even 2009 will move forward atleast 5-6 months at a time. We shouldnt expect anything less.

@009 should be covered in 2 months or 3 months MAX.

Visa movement is a process that you and everyone here have no contol at all. That's the reason the topic title is about prediction. As long as the PD is moving forward it should be ok.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Visa movement is a process that you and everyone here have no contol at all. That's the reason the topic title is about prediction. As long as the PD is moving forward it should be ok.

My prediction for October VB is July 2009. :rofl:

Priority Date:June 02,2009

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH NVC AFTER MORE THAN 4 MONTHS,THEY CAN'T MOVE THE BULLETIN BACK TO AUGUST 2010..AM NOT AMONG THE GROUP THAT'S CELEBRATING 3-4 MONTH'S MOVEMENT OF THE BULLETIN..THEY SHOULD MOVE IT BACK TO 2010 NEXT MONTH

Timeline

How many of you agree that the PD for OCT will return to the pre retrogessed date i.e AUG 2010?

Considering USCIS statement that there are very few fillings in 2009 and early 2010 and the fact that new quota is going to be alloted for FY2012.

I have doubt that very few filed in 2009 and 2010. The truth is these PDs went zoom last year and were put on a brake due to retrogression. Some people just did not react immediately with their requirement documents until they were overtaken by retrogression.

I think the retrogressed PDs will recover no later than December 2011.

Timeline

"Pls indicate your priority date as F2a so others can give you a good advice.

My initial reponse to you may not be favorable. Firstly if your PD is not current then you are walking on a tight rope. You will soon age out 21 yrs old being the limit for f2a. You can't change status if your PD is not current and in the first place AOS is not a perk for LPR. Your being on student visa wil not help you at all except that it wll prolong your stay in the US as long as you are a student."

My priority date is August 1, 2010.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.