jhp

OCTOBER 2011 visa bulletine prediction

997 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,is their anyone from october filers get an DS3032 from NVC or tried to email it without being notified?did they accept it?

You cannot send DS 3032 if NVC is not request you to do so. I think by September 2nd week you should u receive DS 3032. Let hope for the best.

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Timeline

Not agreed. 2011 retrogression was made of many documentarily qualified applicants were in waiting list and also uscis determined to approved I -130 application within 5 months period. Back in 2006 uscis was 2-3yrs backlog to approve i-130 application. That's the big reason VB was big jump in 2006 after retrogression. I hope you got my point.

and one more thing in 2006 the jump was not as huge as in 2010..means there were not too much ppl having pd before cutoff date in 2006 while for 2010 we can find thousands of ppl having case completed and waiting ofr interview ...u can check the little list as we have prepared (by cazy888)...so i think there will be 5 to 6 month jump in VB for 2009 and for 2010 it vl be little less.....plz rectify me if i am wrong....

Edited by jhp

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

I HAVE A QUESTION.........

HERE WE TRY TO PREDICT FUTURE VB MOVEMENT....I WANT TO KNOW THE PERSONS WHO FILED I485 ALONG WITH I130(CONCURRENT) WILL HE QUALIFY IN F2A?????

THE PURPOSE OF MY QUESTION IS THAT I HAVE NOTICED A STRANGE THING...WHEN THE VB SURGED IN LATER HALF OF 2010...PEOPLE HAVE NOT FILED CONCURRENT I485..INSPITE THEY FILED DIRECTLY TO I130 BELIEVING THAT IT WILL MOVE FASTER...NOW IF CONCURRENT FILIG IS ALSO UNDER F2A...I THINK THERE IS VERY LESS CONCURRENT FILING IN 2010 AS I GAVE THE REASON....AND SO VB WILL PICK UP IT SPEED...

PLZ REPLY BCAZ IT VL SOLVE MANY DIFFERENCES IN PREDICTION FOR FUTURE VB MOVEMENT ....

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

I HAVE A QUESTION.........

HERE WE TRY TO PREDICT FUTURE VB MOVEMENT....I WANT TO KNOW THE PERSONS WHO FILED I485 ALONG WITH I130(CONCURRENT) WILL HE QUALIFY IN F2A?????

THE PURPOSE OF MY QUESTION IS THAT I HAVE NOTICED A STRANGE THING...WHEN THE VB SURGED IN LATER HALF OF 2010...PEOPLE HAVE NOT FILED CONCURRENT I485..INSPITE THEY FILED DIRECTLY TO I130 BELIEVING THAT IT WILL MOVE FASTER...NOW IF CONCURRENT FILIG IS ALSO UNDER F2A...I THINK THERE IS VERY LESS CONCURRENT FILING IN 2010 AS I GAVE THE REASON....AND SO VB WILL PICK UP IT SPEED...

PLZ REPLY BCAZ IT VL SOLVE MANY DIFFERENCES IN PREDICTION FOR FUTURE VB MOVEMENT ....

I have MY i130 Approved but I did not apply for I-485 as the I-130 approval document clearly states that

We can file for I-485 only when the visa is avaliable for our priority date(My PD is March 2011).

I know some of my friends untill Aug 2010 have applied for I-485(when their Pd became current) and got their EAD/AP approved.

They all had their interviews also here.But the VO said they have to wait for Visa availability to order for Green card produnction stage.

Edited by miraya

PD: March 2011

Timeline

I have MY i130 Approved but I did not apply for I-485 as the I-130 approval document clearly states that

We can file for I-485 only when the visa is avaliable for our priority date(My PD is March 2011).

I know some of my friends untill Aug 2010 have applied for I-485(when their Pd became current) and got their EAD/AP approved.

They all had their interviews also here.But the VO said they have to wait for Visa availability to order for Green card produnction stage.

got your point ...but do u know the visa granted vl be covered under f2a or they are allowed different classification....????

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: Timeline

Hey VJ members,

I'm an F2A ie spouse of LPR with pd sept27,2010.My I130 was approved and there was nothing on it stated as being not eligible for AOS.I'm on a student visa and will graduate next summer 2012.Then i will apply OPT that runs till August 2013.Do you think my priotiy date will be current before i apply for OPT or will be current after OPT ?Also what do you think about consular processing and AOS here in the US.Please i need your help becos i'm confused.THanks

got your point ...but do u know the visa granted vl be covered under f2a or they are allowed different classification....????

No applicants under f2a category can file I130 and I485 concurrently, because f2a has never been current. Even in the late half of 2010, the cutoff dates are very close - but it was not current. Some lucky people were probably able to file I485 when their I130s were pending. Luckier people may get green card before the retrogression (e.g. if someone filed I130 in March 2010, he/she may get green card in Nov 2010). In any case, all of them are still under f2a category and subject to the visa numbers.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJ members,

I'm an F2A ie spouse of LPR with pd sept27,2010.My I130 was approved and there was nothing on it stated as being not eligible for AOS.I'm on a student visa and will graduate next summer 2012.Then i will apply OPT that runs till August 2013.Do you think my priotiy date will be current before i apply for OPT or will be current after OPT ?Also what do you think about consular processing and AOS here in the US.Please i need your help becos i'm confused.THanks

If you have your case completed at NVC then you may have your interview sooner before you will be out of status. I have a strong feeling that interview will be granted within one year upon case completion. This theory of mine is not yet broken until now. If you are allowed for AOS then go for it. It's simpler in requirements and cheaper expense. But if you think you will be out of status sooner than your interview then go consular. Don't violate the law you will suffer in the end. And I add that there shall be no retrogression until 2012.

Timeline

so the thing is that when pd moved significantly in 2010...the persons who filed in i130 for their spouce have also filed i485 bcaz their pd was current....ppl with i130 filed and pd is current they immediately filed i485 for adjustment of status (((whose pd was 2008 and 2009))) .....

There are too much cases of adjustment of status in 2007 and 2008.....and yes in 2009 cases are not much....so 2009 will get passed very soon.....

As far as 2010 is concerned...i think there is a huge filing in later half of 2010...so i think there vl be slow movement in 2010.....

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

Visa is only granted under F2A and no other classification is allowed except F2A.The only difference being ppl here are

under different visa status currently(F1,L1,H1 etc..)so they just apply for I-485 for permanent resident status when their PD is current.And someone outside US will go through counsulat filling.

Apart from that the visa allotment quota is same for all the F2A cases fro any FY year.

If you have your case completed at NVC then you may have your interview sooner before you will be out of status. I have a strong feeling that interview will be granted within one year upon case completion. This theory of mine is not yet broken until now. If you are allowed for AOS then go for it. It's simpler in requirements and cheaper expense. But if you think you will be out of status sooner than your interview then go consular. Don't violate the law you will suffer in the end. And I add that there shall be no retrogression until 2012.

so sirach wats yur take on when the priority date will be current?2012 or 2013?

Timeline

so the thing is that when pd moved significantly in 2010...the persons who filed in i130 for their spouce have also filed i485 bcaz their pd was current....ppl with i130 filed and pd is current they immediately filed i485 for adjustment of status (((whose pd was 2008 and 2009))) .....

There are too much cases of adjustment of status in 2007 and 2008.....and yes in 2009 cases are not much....so 2009 will get passed very soon.....

As far as 2010 is concerned...i think there is a huge filing in later half of 2010...so i think there vl be slow movement in 2010.....

I think you are right.But there are very few AOS cases concerning to F2A compared to EB categories.

I see a lot of consular fillings related to F2A cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.