Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, just to name the big ones.

And these fellas have content filtering stuff in place, on most levels.

However, if I wanted to find 'egyptian large breasts', photos of,

MicroSoft Bing,

Google Search ,

Yahoo Search

will return the search results to me.

Sure, I understand your TOS, but to use the social standards of MicroSoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook,

you have to understand that these standards vary by:

1. geographical location of the server and

2. geographical location of the web browser and

3. content rules put in place by each company on ALL Levels (there are several, sometimes many, depending)

So, I think your one-liner response on social standards is specious. I also get the concept that you are flailing about. Combined, I am leaning towards the concept of this being yer first rodeo, and you are learning as you go along.

Which, of course, sucks for many USCitizen Members living in the USA. We seem to be suffering as a result of your lack of announcements (or word choice used) and your learning process.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think you are being extreme on your first point. I should emphasize the bikini can still be bad if it is shown in a way to be suggestive, etc.. I really think it is common sense in the end.

Common sense does not say "remove cartoon avatar because it shows underwear".

You are correct, a photo can be suggestive in full clothing. Per the TOS it would still be against our policy "lewd or suggestive poses".

So what rule did my avatar break? Certainly no lewd or suggestive pose, simply underwear. Is underwear alone suggestive, even on a cartoon character?

Filed: Timeline

There is an avatar here in which someone's wife is pictured in a full burka. I find that incredibly offensive and I think most of the women and men in my husband's country find it offensive. Somehow repressing women is ok, but acting like women normally act in AMERICA is not?

Very well said.

good-job.gif

Rather than worry about what is and is not "family friendly", most of the items concerned violate international copyright agreements by being posted here without explicit permission, and on that basis alone, most of the images, videos, and articles posted here should be removed post haste.

I think most people have a good idea what is tasteless, offensive, or appeals to the prurient nature. "I know it when I see it," is the legal standard in the US.

Still doesn't explain the sweatpants removal. Apparently being a woman and having a heinie is suggestive. I've noted that and I am making arrangements to have mine surgically removed.

Common sense does not say "remove cartoon avatar because it shows underwear".

So what rule did my avatar break? Certainly no lewd or suggestive pose, simply underwear. Is underwear alone suggestive, even on a cartoon character?

Tsk tsk, young lady. Being a woman is suggestive.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Still doesn't explain the sweatpants removal. Apparently being a woman and having a heinie is suggestive. I've noted that and I am making arrangements to have mine surgically removed.

Tsk tsk, young lady. Being a woman is suggestive.

It is a threefold standard. I think "tasteless" was the criteria applied there.

Edited by The Postmaster

It is a threefold standard. I think "tasteless" was the criteria applied there.

I agree that Juicy sweatpants are tacky. But I believe* the issue had more to do with suggestiveness than tastelessness.

*I cannot divulge further info on this matter per TOS.

There is currently a picture on page 1 of latest uploads in the gallery that shows a lady's bottom from a rear view that is at least as "suggestive" as my lady in sweatpants.