Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The cat photo was definitely a provocative pose.

As to the bikini, we have been told to remove those, very specifically.

what is the ruling on topless men, then?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, would it be possible to get a ruling on the attempted conversion of atheists via this site? I'm not talking about things like 'I'll pray for you' or 'we should pray to get through this process'. I'm talking about things like 'you need to accept god into your heart. You know he accepts homosexuals, too, right? You should try talking to God.'

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The cat photo was definitely a provocative pose.

As to the bikini, we have been told to remove those, very specifically- it falls under partial/ strategically covered nudity and while yes, completely acceptable in much of the USA, we have members from all over the world, and in many countries, this would not be acceptable.

What is the specific reasoning behind this?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If the TOS is unclear I'm open to revising the language to make it more precise. It is applicable to everyone. Mods included as they are members too.

Suggestions?

The link listed above (by Venkman, which I've reposted below) is a direct personal attack and attempt to evade the profanity filter. I am not familiar with every mod, but that post was "liked" by at least 2 mods.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478984-marriage-mess-and-cr-1/#entry6802419

If you actually search for the terms in the post, the first search result that comes up is "highest reputation content".

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/best-content/&sa=U&ei=gSAtVYWiJszzsAXUxIDYBQ&ved=0CBMQFjAI&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEVbVvagNeNpdE5GW5T24X-HiKe0g

This site has a wealth of information and it's embarrassing to have something like that be representative of what we are about. It's strange too that for all the things that get removed, that post has been allowed to stay like that for over a year.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More an observation than an attack

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

More an observation than an attack

An insult based on observation is still an attack. We have both read the TOS.

If you don't like the original post and you feel it violates the TOS, then report it. If not, then ignore it. Don't make it worse. That topic title (Marriage mess CR1) was benign enough that it could draw people to the site from a search engine like google. I don't like that post as an introduction to Visa Journey. It's a horrible first impression.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The link listed above (by Venkman, which I've reposted below) is a direct personal attack and attempt to evade the profanity filter. I am not familiar with every mod, but that post was "liked" by at least 2 mods.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478984-marriage-mess-and-cr-1/#entry6802419

If you actually search for the terms in the post, the first search result that comes up is "highest reputation content".

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.visajourney.com/forums/best-content/&sa=U&ei=gSAtVYWiJszzsAXUxIDYBQ&ved=0CBMQFjAI&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEVbVvagNeNpdE5GW5T24X-HiKe0g

This site has a wealth of information and it's embarrassing to have something like that be representative of what we are about. It's strange too that for all the things that get removed, that post has been allowed to stay like that for over a year.

If you're talking about me, that was quite a while before I was a mod. And the same with milimelo.

Edited by GandD

Timeline

If you're talking about me, that was quite a while before I was a mod. And the same with milimelo.

Given the date of the topic, my feeling was it was prior to both of you becoming mods. Looking at it now there is no way to know for sure. And people are still looking now because the number of likes is still going up. Which is why I still think the best thing to do would be to remove the post. Given that it is a TOS violation anyway.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

An insult based on observation is still an attack. We have both read the TOS.

If you don't like the original post and you feel it violates the TOS, then report it. If not, then ignore it. Don't make it worse. That topic title (Marriage mess CR1) was benign enough that it could draw people to the site from a search engine like google. I don't like that post as an introduction to Visa Journey. It's a horrible first impression.

How do you know what I have read?

I remeber that thread, one of the all time classics.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Given the date of the topic, my feeling was it was prior to both of you becoming mods. Looking at it now there is no way to know for sure. And people are still looking now because the number of likes is still going up. Which is why I still think the best thing to do would be to remove the post. Given that it is a TOS violation anyway.

I agree. I'll handle it.

Timeline

Thanks. I think other posts convey the appropriate message without the insult.

I went through it. Due to the sheer amount of TOS violations and it being an old locked thread I decided to remove it. Hope that helps!

Timeline

I went through it. Due to the sheer amount of TOS violations and it being an old locked thread I decided to remove it. Hope that helps!

It does. A google search for that particular wording now leads to the movie "We're the Millers" instead of Visa Journey.

QCjgyJZ.jpg