Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Unfortunately, they're not joking.

Correct.

In fact, this whole discussion begs the question as to why there would be a need for a dedicated moderator, for this corner of the forum... Why is it that the existing TOS all of a sudden no longer seem to fit? Come think of it, this corner only provides space for a little bit of inconsequential banter, inside the larger forum which is aimed to assist others in their immigration journey. What is the justification for a dedicated person to manage such a innocuous space?

Given that the TOS here should be no different than those anywhere else, we can safely say Harpa would make a good moderator, for she navigates both this playground and the real informative forum with unique aplomb.

If anything we should strive for this corner to be more civil, like the rest, not the other way around.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

She would never be fair unless the views are her own. In fact she should probably be banned from any forums except the upper levels as she probaby misuses the report button. It would be moronic to even consider her as a Mod.

Logic would consider far more moronic to rule her out based on the unqualified supposition that she probably misuses the report button. Ergo, evidence suggests she would indeed make a good moderator.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

She would never be fair unless the views are her own. In fact she should probably be banned from any forums except the upper levels as she probaby misuses the report button. It would be moronic to even consider her as a Mod.

This statement is moronic.

Timeline

Yeah, a lot of folks don't like that, especially the good ole boy club.

I find it laughable that so many alleged grown up men are so afraid of intelligent women. Makes one wonders about the veracity of certain tales of manhood and alpha-male dominance that circulate around in cyberspace.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Based on what I'm hearing through the grapevine, I am booking my tickets to Costa Rica right now.

I hear the beaches there are much better than the beaches in Ankara.

Okay, I'm not at liberty to say who, but there is a dark horse. This is going to be a shocker to all of you. Holy ####!

I accept!! :lol:

Timeline

Well you have proven to be very biased also. VJ has a proven track record of gathering the worst biased mods so Harpa has a great shot. I can see them being stupid enough to appoint her a mod.

I find it laughable that so many alleged grown up men are so afraid of intelligent women. Makes one wonders about the veracity of certain tales of manhood and alpha-male dominance that circulate around in cyberspace.

Timeline

I accept!! :lol:

Not so fast...

You still have the evening gown and swimsuit competition before you can qualify... not to mention the pesky and tricky questions about world peace and universal brotherhood....

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Well you have proven to be very biased also. VJ has a proven track record of gathering the worst biased mods so Harpa has a great shot. I can see them being stupid enough to appoint her a mod.

Harpa is the worst VJer to have ever walked the earth. If she becomes mod, not only will I move to Costa Rica, I will also move to Mexico. Harpa is so bad when Harpa logs on to VJ, VJ response times degrade by a tenth of a second across the board. Every regional subforum is affected by the ripples her presence creates in the Force. Harpa is so bad when Harpa even thinks about VJ, angels cannibalize each other for their wings. Harpa would be a disaster. I weep for VJ.

Thankfully, the rumors I have heard confirm it is not Harpa but another. A dark horse. Someone unexpected. Someone significantly more qualified, this individual brings external moderating experience to VJ.

Yeah, you wish

:no:

Not so fast...

You still have the evening gown and swimsuit competition before you can qualify... not to mention the pesky and tricky questions about world peace and universal brotherhood....

I'll knock that swimsuit competition out of the park. I look great in a two piece! As for the questions, I'm more about world dominance than I am about world peace. Think that will hurt my chances at all?

Timeline

We are all biased, so you state nothing new. As I said before I also believe Harpa is biased on the side of fairness. If you read her posts in the forums that matter, you would also have realized she is always clear, on the money and knowledgeable, not to mention respectable of others.

IMHO the mods here are at once the best and the worst. They do their best and perhaps sometimes they lean to one side or the other, however, they are human just like you and me. I don't believe they sign in with the intention of taking it out on anyone; and quite frankly we all sometimes push the envelope, so it is not like they are moderating a convent of nuns, exactly.

Harpa is the worst VJer to have ever walked the earth. If she becomes mod, not only will I move to Costa Rica, I will also move to Mexico. Harpa is so bad when Harpa logs on to VJ, VJ response times degrade by a tenth of a second across the board. Every regional subforum is affected by the ripples her presence creates in the Force. Harpa is so bad when Harpa even thinks about VJ, angels cannibalize each other for their wings. Harpa would be a disaster. I weep for VJ.

Thankfully, the rumors I have heard confirm it is not Harpa but another. A dark horse. Someone unexpected. Someone significantly more qualified, this individual brings external moderating experience to VJ.

Penny!?!?!?!?!?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org