Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I did not ignore it. Tell you what, instead of posting in generalities please give me a specific example (links to content, back story) with evidence. Show me step by step a case where this happened. Mods can not delete content, only hide it. Their mod actions are logged. If there is a conspiracy as you claim then if you can make a case with evidence I will fully explore it. Shoot it over the support ticket system -- I'll be looking for it. You have my complete attention if so.

It's now included on notifications.

To the above, I want to be clear that this thread is NOT a mod bashing thread. This thread has already gone wildly off topic. There is now an official process for you to request a review of mod actions so I encourage you to use it if you feel you need to use it. It will be an objective process and you will need to back up claims with evidence.

The end goal, is that we continually review and improve things on our side. Your help is valuable.

You can submit a ticket if you like and I can speak to the mods and review. I'm not debating things un this forum. You will need to state factually why things should be different. List your offense(s) / what you did and why you are asserting that their action is inconsistent with the TOS and mod guidelines (pinned topic).

Just because it is done for free does not mean it is OK to show bias and an agenda.

I agree with you, and nowhere did I say it was okay. I have included Ewok's requests and statements, above, to back up your claims through the formal process so this thread can remain constructive.

Personally I find it iodd that some posts are recognised as satirical and others aren't . I think this is a bone of contention for many here.

I know I haven't seen everything to which you may be referring, but I do agree that there are instances where subjectiveness can make things confusing and frustrating. Personally, I am concerned that VJ not get to the point where posts and viewpoints are over-censored. It's akin to the complaints that some modding is over-zealous, and yet, at the same time, "we are not doing our jobs" if someone's perception of a post is different to another's. It's a tough call.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did not ignore it. Tell you what, instead of posting in generalities please give me a specific example (links to content, back story) with evidence. Show me step by step a case where this happened. Mods can not delete content, only hide it. Their mod actions are logged. If there is a conspiracy as you claim then if you can make a case with evidence I will fully explore it. Shoot it over the support ticket system -- I'll be looking for it. You have my complete attention if so.

Are you and Kathryn related? You two tend to show an abundance of patience--of course, that's my lowly opinion.

On another note, the proposed changes are two steps in the right direction.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm not sucking up (well maybe I am) but this is probably the most lenient board I've ever been a member of concerning moderation. The fact that this thread even exists and is getting responses from the mods, the lead mods, and the main man is pretty impressive IMO. In other boards I visit, if you even mention moderation in the public forums, it's bye bye.

For the record I think Kip got a raw deal, and there's not too much that's going to change my mind about that. But hey, what can ya do?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I'm not sucking up (well maybe I am) but this is probably the most lenient board I've ever been a member of concerning moderation. The fact that this thread even exists and is getting responses from the mods, the lead mods, and the main man is pretty impressive IMO. In other boards I visit, if you even mention moderation in the public forums, it's bye bye.

For the record I think Kip got a raw deal, and there's not too much that's going to change my mind about that. But hey, what can ya do?

I agree with you on the lenient part On one of the Cebu boards I am on, posting in the wrong forum can get you banned.

On the Kip part, I liked the guy but see both sides

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just checking in to see if any progress has been made selecting a ce&hst/ot forum specific mod/mods or that it is still in consideration.

Edited by GandD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is still under active consideration and we are reviewing candidates . Thanks for checking :) .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We'll be making changes. For some reason the forums software has been preventing me from creating new mods that can only moderate in one forum (versus global). That's been a hiccup and I have a support ticket in queue. Also we are trying to determine the right folks and how to run a provision period to see how it works.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hint hint. :devil:

kip and booyah are leading the voting for the position.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

LOl I wanted to say KIP but was scared to go off topic in this thread

KIp would probably be fair. Booyah was an angry individual. As long as they don't appoint another female mod it should be ok. The ratio of female mods to female posters is 1-1 which is very discriminatory to men. :whistle:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015