Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

We're a very diverse group here. And keep in mind it's only a handful of regulars who are participating in this thread. Now lets get another thousand or so users to jump in and we'll start looking for common ground. Personally I think they are on the right track with things and it will take a while to implement more changes. Bottom line is, no matter what, there are always going to be some unhappy people. It's impossible to please one person, let alone many. I'm speaking from experience. I'm married. :devil:

Good post. I have been one of the more vocal, about some of the Mod actions, but I agree "damn" give them a chance. It's only been a couple of days.

they are interacting, and answering our concerns. Several months ago, our little rebellion would have resulted in many suspensions. I am happy about the direction things are moving. Is it going to be perfect from here on out, and am I going to agree with everything. NO. What is ? Let's just keep moving in the right direction.

I think toning down the High Handed wording of some of the warnings and giving an appeals process is a huge victory, and shows they are trying to work with us.

Now I just need to get suspended to see how it works :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think any member that wants to post there needs to request access and agree to a modified TOS that the rules in that forum are more lenient and some material in that forum may be offensive to some. That way there is no misunderstanding what type of forum the poster is agreeing to. I used to be an admin on a board that had that same set up and it worked fine that way.

This sounds like the best option. If you can make content there unsearchable from outside the forum, then you won't have to worry about the content not being as family friendly as you need for the rest of the site. I don't think it should be anything-goes either - just a bit more relaxed on the rules.

This sounds like the best option. If you can make content there unsearchable from outside the forum, then you won't have to worry about the content not being as family friendly as you need for the rest of the site. I don't think it should be anything-goes either - just a bit more relaxed on the rules.

I think the problem may be that by adjusting your SEO to make certain content unavailable, you also limit your rankings in your other areas, which is something no sane business person would want to do

Kathryn stated her case in an earlier post and did a really good job explaining, why they have to Mod our Forum.

What we have to do is work together to figure how to do it, in a sane manner

I loved Spooky's "Angry Comment" reply. It is self policing. It does not feed a trolls ego, by getting a flaming response, it just merely says, " you are being angry and the members of this forum will not tolerate it. It's simple and it thwarts the intent of the flamer.

On edit it was G and D not spooky.. Sorry

Edited by The Nature Boy

Chiming in to say that I have appreciated the increased response to closed threads by mods. Nice to see it laid out that way. :thumbs:

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Just kidding, saw one of my posts removed for no reason with an inflammatory post left up for the general public to read.

SAME OLD, SAME OLD.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

For no reason other than a personal attack, that is.

But you'll let that diatribe pass as a legit post. Cool.

Shocking. You have no retort.

I'm going to go ahead and report that post and do your job for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As follow up - the post that you responded to was a satire pointing out the ridiculousness of a specific perspective and was not meant to be taken as a serious post, thus it was not a diatribe. If you read it over with that in mind you will see that it is actually a very effective piece of satire as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As follow up - the post that you responded to was a satire pointing out the ridiculousness of a specific perspective and was not meant to be taken as a serious post, thus it was not a diatribe. If you read it over with that in mind you will see that it is actually a very effective piece of satire as well.

Ok, Ftr all of my future posts are satire.

Look I get what you're going for and I know the post in question. You can't really chastise a user for getting angry over "satire" that was done so over the top to prove a point. You're expecting a lot of others to recognize the "satire" or to appreciate it as such. It's an angry post that goes over the top to prove a point sarcastically in text and can easily be misconstrued by the English as a second language folks we try to keep in mind around this site. Just delete it and allow the op to represent their point in a more clear way.

Most people here are mad about mod action like suspensions or thread bans. If you guys want to give users the benefit of the doubt, delete the posts and assume to yourself they "meant" to not be offensive. No harm no foul. The people that want to complain that their precious post was removed can always email ewoks black hole address, whatever it was.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Support page. Linked at the bottom of every page.

For all the complaints, and requests to have an option for reviews, I've gotten a grand total of 0 review requests thus far. Trust me, if you really believe a wrong was done to you then you should use that option.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

That poster deserved a suspension but of couse that poster is protected and allowed to post like that whenever they feel like because they are in tight with certain mods that will overlook them. If Danno had posted it it would have been his ban.

Some members are in tight with mods so they make the reports of posts that they don't like because it doesn't express their views. Their friendly mods will make sure that post is gone and that poster gets a suspension that eventually will lead to the bans. Of course we see from my posting earlier that certain members that are banned go into a special category where they are never welcomed to even visit the site ever again. All because they don't post the right way for certain members and their buddy mods.

I brought it up to Ewok but he ignored it so it is his site and his mods and they I am assuming he wants them to be this way. If the site owner wants it to be unfair biased moderating then let it be so.

Ok, Ftr all of my future posts are satire.

Look I get what you're going for and I know the post in question. You can't really chastise a user for getting angry over "satire" that was done so over the top to prove a point. You're expecting a lot of others to recognize the "satire" or to appreciate it as such. It's an angry post that goes over the top to prove a point sarcastically in text and can easily be misconstrued by the English as a second language folks we try to keep in mind around this site. Just delete it and allow the op to represent their point in a more clear way.

Most people here are mad about mod action like suspensions or thread bans. If you guys want to give users the benefit of the doubt, delete the posts and assume to yourself they "meant" to not be offensive. No harm no foul. The people that want to complain that their precious post was removed can always email ewoks black hole address, whatever it was.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I did not ignore it. Tell you what, instead of posting in generalities please give me a specific example (links to content, back story) with evidence. Show me step by step a case where this happened. Mods can not delete content, only hide it. Their mod actions are logged. If there is a conspiracy as you claim then if you can make a case with evidence I will fully explore it. Shoot it over the support ticket system -- I'll be looking for it. You have my complete attention if so.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.