Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some initial update from the meeting. We have lots of work to do that may take a week or so to roll out, but I wanted to give you the top level summary on the issues you were concerned about:

Major Topics

Mod Roles, Forums and Coverage:

Amnesty:

One Member reinstated immediately. General Amnesty Program was discussed. Details will need to be hashed out but after an extended period certain banned members can now contact the admin to request reinstatement with the condition that they will fall into an elevated review status (less opportunities than a new member for slip ups). Some egregious offenders will not qualify for obvious reasons.

Review of Suspensions / Mod Action:

Members that are suspended will now be provided with a direct link to contact the admin for quick review of the mod action. The submitted ticket is tracked and we will ensure that the response time on average for these tickets is ~24 hours or less. Previously it was not clear that this was allowed. Now, every member will be informed. This will increase transparency and review of elevated mod actions such as suspensions.

Standardization of 3 Strikes policy (that leads to lengthy suspensions and eventually a ban):

We are more clearly defining this and will better publicize the steps and infractions that elevate member warning status. We already had guidelines but we want to make this as transparent as possible with more objective criteria.

Family Friendly TOS Rules:

Admin to post a more clear definition w/ examples to the forums in a pinned thread and revise the TOS as well. The recent increased enforcement on this policy was confusing to members the goal now is to remove, as much as possible, this confusion.

Initial Warnings for Minor Offenses:

Instead of issuing private warnings with increased warning status, mods will politely chime in to remind folks if they are breaking one of the more minor rules. This was decided so we can increase visibility to everyone versus a closed door system for all offenses. The membership requested this we agree.

Wording on some warnings revised:

Some automated messages were worded poorly and offended folks from time to time. Weve already revised a few and will review the others. Sorry about this! It was not our intention.

I have not seen this. Some of my posts have been removed without any explanation , threads had their titles changed for no reason that I can see (ie again no explanation. For example " men have reached crisis point" - I thought the title appropriate for my link. I don't think it was offensive),

Timeline

I mentioned my posting history because I think it is relevant. The moderation doesn't affect me in any way except for my enjoyment of the site. I'm not one who gets in any trouble but I still have issues with the moderation. And not just one mod. Here is what I have issues with.

There is so much inconsistent and, to an extent, partisan moderation. I'm really not sure why some words, names, phrases are allowed while others are not allowed. Why is it okay to talk about some subjects but if you talk about others in the exact same way, the thread will be closed.

What happened to the ideas of CEHST being a restricted forum? What about the idea of having different set of rules for CEHST, while still not allowing racism, sexism, etc? How about choosing mods from the regular and respected CEHST posters who can monitor CEHST more effectively? No offense, but these were the things I was hoping to see; not that two people can now talk to each other.

I am for that. (Sorry couldn't plus 1 as they are severely limited IMO)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We are adding new local mods. That is in the works (to your above question). The rules will be the same -- better defined though. Local mods to a given forum can hopefully be more effective.

I'm looking into restricting the forum however the above (local mods) suggestion would happen first.

Hope that clarifies. My original summary in this thread only touched on the major items (my apologies that I left this off). Our list of topics that we discussed was considerably longer.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I have not seen this. Some of my posts have been removed without any explanation , threads had their titles changed for no reason that I can see (ie again no explanation. For example " men have reached crisis point" - I thought the title appropriate for my link. I don't think it was offensive),

Just a guess, but perhaps it's because the content of the article has nothing to do with men (in general) reaching a crisis point.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Just a guess, but perhaps it's because the content of the article has nothing to do with men (in general) reaching a crisis point.

True. I occasionally write for a paper it 's just a way to grab peoples' attention. Not meant to be offensive.

We are adding new local mods. That is in the works (to your above question). The rules will be the same -- better defined though. Local mods to a given forum can hopefully be more effective.

I'm looking into restricting the forum however the above (local mods) suggestion would happen first.

Hope that clarifies. My original summary in this thread only touched on the major items (my apologies that I left this off). Our list of topics that we discussed was considerably longer.

I think restricting the forums and having a mod that understands the people,and their interactions. Someone that is fair and balanced, and does not swing to far one way or the other, someone who does not incite revolt or get drunk with power.

I again nominate Spooky Turtle - Fair, moderate, polite, level headed.

The ^&**&^ would probably ban me straight away mate LOL

This comes from years of eventuating personality types and developing leaders.

Ewok, please remove or close my account. I will follow up on this request with a PM (if your inbox is set up to receive PMs). Thanks.

Dude, you generate most of our discussions .. don't do it

The times they are a changing. It's about to get better

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Quilter

Quilting is hardcore.

beginners-quilting-1_s600x600.jpg

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Ewok, please remove or close my account. I will follow up on this request with a PM (if your inbox is set up to receive PMs). Thanks.

Ewok-- He is probably the top contributor in our Forum and a fairly decent guy. Let us talk to him. Please don't delete just yet

You need to add the forum level Mod quickly and restrict access, my Lord. If it be your will my grace. Things are fast returning to ways of old.

Sorry I have really gotten into game of Thrones as of late.

Seriously Spooky Turtle would do you great service

Edited by The Nature Boy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do you want an entire 'nuking' of all your content as well?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes please restrict CEHST and make it mod-only invite with all mods able to review it and do stuff there -

I suggest you do that first before seeking local mods - it's less time and less work for you.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !