Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Timeline

Trust me I can make a new account and get a message to someone else here. But yeah that is a stupid thing.

Which brings up something I discovered during my suspension: ALL of VJ is non-functioning for the suspendee, including the "notification icon" in the top right that informs one of their suspension(!). At the very least, VJ should make members' timelines available during suspensions. That's in everyone's interest.

Edited by luckytxn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Trust me I can make a new account and get a message to someone else here. But yeah that is a stupid thing.

This is certainly not the intention... I'll be happy to fix this.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Which brings up something I discovered during my suspension: ALL of VJ is non-functioning for the suspendee, including the "notification icon" in the top right that informs one of their suspension(!). At the very least, VJ should make members' timelines available during suspensions. That's in everyone's interest.

Can you walk me through what was not available... Pages, etc.? They should have been -- and I would love to correct.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

Can you walk me through what was not available... Pages, etc.? They should have been -- and I would love to correct.

Well, you could suspend me and I could do a thorough itemization (that's a joke, son!). :rofl:

As I say, the "notifications" icon in the upper right was lit up red, but would not respond. Therefore, I had no insight into the nature of my suspension. And I was also refused access to my timeline, which I frequently consult to see what the expected wait times look like. I was sorta disgusted by the whole "kicked off of VJ" thing, so didn't explore much farther.

Another comment: once my 2 day suspension was over, I was forced to click through some sort of acknowledgement that looked very much like an admission of wrongdoing. Surely there's a better way...

'Til the moderator issues are addressed in a substantial manner, I don't feel it's safe to post anywhere but the visa sections.

I appreciate your attention to all this, Cap'n.

Timeline

+1. I reached my quota so I am forced to make a post instead. :)

Well, you could suspend me and I could do a thorough itemization (that's a joke, son!). :rofl:

As I say, the "notifications" icon in the upper right was lit up red, but would not respond. Therefore, I had no insight into the nature of my suspension. And I was also refused access to my timeline, which I frequently consult to see what the expected wait times look like. I was sorta disgusted by the whole "kicked off of VJ" thing, so didn't explore much farther.

Another comment: once my 2 day suspension was over, I was forced to click through some sort of acknowledgement that looked very much like an admission of wrongdoing. Surely there's a better way...

'Til the moderator issues are addressed in a substantial manner, I don't feel it's safe to post anywhere but the visa sections.

I appreciate your attention to all this, Cap'n.

Timeline

+1. Excellent info.

Ewok, I am sure you can simulate behavior of a suspended user. Obviously a non-suspended user isn't going to have that information for you unless he's a weirdo who screenshots every page he attempts to visit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, basically, ALL THE THINGS.

You can't view the forums, view PMs, view notifications, (like the one about the suspension) and probably anything else other than the log out button.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I do get an E-mail, from Ryan every time he suspends me, accompanied by a full page verbal spanking,

That's the guy. <_<

Also the fact that you got a forum full of regular users who get suspended enough, that they can all talk about the experience with great clarity, should be a red flag in itself.

This exactly. +1000

Timeline

When I get suspended out of the wild blue, I have the same problem. I can not click on the notification to find out why or access anything else. I do get an E-mail, from Ryan every time he suspends me, accompanied by a full page verbal spanking, Until my suspension times out I can't even respond to ask what I did this time ?

Also the fact that you got a forum full of regular users who get suspended enough, that they can all talk about the experience with great clarity, should be a red flag in itself.

Recurring theme over and over is this stuff. Something is broke and needs fixed.

Timeline

I am out of my quota of positives again? Really?

Does admin really think that hitting quote and making a long winded comment is better than just being able to push the positive button? Please can someone give a reasonable explanation of why there is a limit at all?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am out of my quota of positives again? Really?

Does admin really think that hitting quote and making a long winded comment is better than just being able to push the positive button? Please can someone give a reasonable explanation of why there is a limit at all?

I didn't even know there was a limit.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg