Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: I will respect Kathryn's wishes. I know it is hard herding cats. I will no longer pursue this topic, as silly as it seems.

They just broadcast this movies on PBS. It was the first time I saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brFZHTHoH6I

That's a good movie.

:lol: I will respect Kathryn's wishes. I know it is hard herding cats. I will no longer pursue this topic, as silly as it seems.

They just broadcast this movies on PBS. It was the first time I saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brFZHTHoH6I

My husband has closed his account and requests you remove all his content, as per your Terms of Service Agreement.

Nuking and Archiving. You may request removal of Content that you have Posted yourself. In contrast, you agree to resolve directly and exclusively with third parties any disputes you may have about messages that they Posted. In this regard, you understand that Visajourney.com does not monitor or control the Content or communications Posted by others, and instead simply provides a service by allowing users to access Content via the Service that has been made publicly available.

This statement appears binding on your part, to remove such content you have access to, if so requested.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My husband has closed his account and requests you remove all his content, as per your Terms of Service Agreement.

This statement appears binding on your part, to remove such content you have access to, if so requested.

I think you need to read it again.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I've noticed a moderator in a thread has labeled a commonly used word as offensive but its in a already buried thread. Can we have a sticky of banned words here on VJ that are generally acceptable in the real world so there is no confusion.

For instance the banned word can be found on many US government documents as a legal term, so future users may accidently use it not knowing it is banned.

Edited by Brown Dwarf

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I get up to 50 support requests on some days so I can't reply to them all directly. For anyone that I miss a reply to when they were hoping for one, I apologize.

Concerning your request, the 24 hour number is too low. The helpdesk tool tracks the first action time and that is at ~47 hours on average right now (just under 2 days, not 1). The average time to close a ticket is an additional 12 hours past that. I will revise the support page accordingly.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I've noticed a moderator in a thread has labeled a commonly used word as offensive but its in a already buried thread. Can we have a sticky of banned words here on VJ that are generally acceptable in the real world so there is no confusion.

For instance the banned word can be found on many US government documents as a legal term, so future users may accidently use it not knowing it is banned.

If this sticky is created, can we add 'Soviet' and 'Merica' to the list. I find both offensive in the context they are used on google and this website.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When threads are "closed for review" and then determined to be left closed, can the mods be a little more aware of updating with why it was closed after the decision has been made? Sometimes the mods do this and sometimes they don't. A little transparency might help bridge the "anger gap" when threads are closed. It doesn't have to be specific, just more than "closed for review". So we know where the lines are.

When threads are "closed for review" and then determined to be left closed, can the mods be a little more aware of updating with why it was closed after the decision has been made? Sometimes the mods do this and sometimes they don't. A little transparency might help bridge the "anger gap" when threads are closed. It doesn't have to be specific, just more than "closed for review". So we know where the lines are.

+1. A recent thread was decimated because a mod thought that people might have been posting "off topic". Surely there are bigger fires to put out . . .

No, it was closed for review because you posted a picture that offended some people and used some racially-loaded terms to describe said picture.

Now that the picture has been removed, the thread should be re-opened. In years past, the mods removed posts and let the thread continue instead of just closing the thread.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que