Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Absurd.

#FreeNichNick2014

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So nich nick has gone, another very knowledgeable UK member has threatened to go and a third is clearly very fed up. Looks like the UK forum is well on it's way to being filled with those who want to be spoon fed and won't read the guides begging for answers. #bringbacknichnick

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Is it really worth driving members away for this kind of thing? Nich-Nick has helped countless VJ members and it seems to have been a very minor transgression, if one even occurred. This is daft. Just look at the wealth of experience that is leaving and becoming disenfranchised with posting here and helping out others as a result of this.

Looks like the UK forum is well on it's way to being filled with those who want to be spoon fed and won't read the guides begging for answers.

Full of people wanted to be spoon-fed and other people giving the wrong advice!

Nick-Nich has been such an asset to this site. Losing her is crazy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

True, but I would be hard pushed to find a precedent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Seriously??? WTH?? I've been around these forums for about 6 years now, and I don't think I'll be around much longer!

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Timeline

This is beyond stupid. I stopped coming around to help because of over handed moderator and recently came back to help in a regional forum because somebody sent me a message that there was bad advice being given out. So I started to monitor the forum. Seems the moderator that was put there stopped coming around. The same moderator that destroyed the forum in the first place. I can assure VJ that I will also leave as I see that experienced good members are still mistreated. Also Ryan has had a lot of bad moderator actions and should be the one looked at.

VJ needs to get their act together before it is destroyed completely. I personally didn't want to come back to help out again and wish I hadn't now. Vj is wrong and Ryan as a moderator is wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I guess we'll nevermind about the fact that any of Nich-Nick's posts were more useful than sum of the entire moderation team on any given day.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Exactly. VJ needs to apologize and ask for forgiveness and hopefully Nich will come back.

I guess we'll nevermind about the fact that any of Nich-Nick's posts were more useful than sum of the entire moderation team on any given day.

Also Ryan has had a lot of bad moderator actions and should be the one looked at.

VJ needs to get their act together before it is destroyed completely. I personally didn't want to come back to help out again and wish I hadn't now. Vj is wrong and Ryan as a moderator is wrong.

In the interest of fairness, Ryan is not the only moderator who makes poor decisions like this.

What did i miss now? unsure.png

What I mean is.. as soon as one of their own number is insulted, they come out like the Secret Police and start executing at will.

So seeing as we're being ignored (no surprises there!), I'm going to open fire myself. A common defense against the above is "We're volunteers, therefore you should treat us with respect". Let me tell you something - if I acted in any of my voluntary positions that I have held in the way the moderators do here, I would be fired. If I were lucky, I'd get off with a verbal or written warning. But in all probability, dismissal would be the result.

I've been told that they won't talk to us because we're not Nich (and by a moderator who isn't supposed to be intervening in any kind of actions with myself, so that deal by Ewok has been broken and nullified). Not only this, the only way they will resolve this is through the so-called review system. That system only works in the favor of one group, and that is the moderators. Never has Kathryn, the head mod, ruled in favor of the membership when reviews have been called for. In fact when I called for a review of a decision against me, she decided to make a public example of me and tried to make me look like an idiot.

The entire system is a shambles. The moderators act like they are above the Terms of Service and do not have to stick to them, and use them as a shield when we try to call them to account. They do not treat the membership with any level of respect, yet demand it constantly otherwise you will be punished. This place is a personal "1984" haven for the owner and his "staff".

Well, no more. We won't be silenced, we won't be cowed into obedience and we certainly won't forget this.

"What's yours is mine!"