8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Bank of the Philippine Islands. My fiancee went to pay for her visa fees. She told them a K-1 but the bank only charged her 160. Well needless to say that was for some other type of visa so after her discovering that it was wrong she went back to the bank to resolve it. They told her there was nothing they could do about it and she had to now pay an addtional 350. Should I bring up this issue at the Embassy (after the interview) or not even bother and just say goodbye to the 160?

You and your fiancée should have been better prepared, with the knowledge of the visa fee categories. K – Fiance(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $350.00......

According to Travel.State.Gov nonimmigrant visa application processing fee are (non-refundable) http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Better Luck, next time.:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

You and your fiancée should have been better prepared, with the knowledge of the visa fee categories. K – Fiance(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $350.00......

According to Travel.State.Gov nonimmigrant visa application processing fee are (non-refundable) http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Better Luck, next time.:thumbs:

yeah, that's what I thought too.

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Bank of the Philippine Islands. My fiancee went to pay for her visa fees. She told them a K-1 but the bank only charged her 160. Well needless to say that was for some other type of visa so after her discovering that it was wrong she went back to the bank to resolve it. They told her there was nothing they could do about it and she had to now pay an addtional 350. Should I bring up this issue at the Embassy (after the interview) or not even bother and just say goodbye to the 160?

You should just pay for the balance... not the whole $350... I was almost a victim of this coz BPI said it's just $160 and I insisted that it should be $350 coz its a fiancee visa and the guy who assist me has to go inside an office and inquire and then he said I was right... there is a lot of post here regarding this... One couple was asked by the embassy to pay the difference at a BPI bank on the day of the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes right.... the 160$ is for tourist visa as that is what the teller ask me before and I said I am not a tourist but I am in fiancee visa and she said its 350$ so I paid it ok.. just have to clarify them of that.. talk and confirm while still on the bank..goodluck

Timeline

Yes right.... the 160$ is for tourist visa as that is what the teller ask me before and I said I am not a tourist but I am in fiancee visa and she said its 350$ so I paid it ok.. just have to clarify them of that.. talk and confirm while still on the bank..goodluck

In looking back at what had happened, I told my fiancee that it would be sixteen thousands pesos and then the bank charged her six thousand. So to some degree the word six played into part of the confusion and that is where she made the mistake. I know that it is not the bank tellers resonsibility to know, but there should be better clarification or some form of cross checking on the type of visa people are asking for and not the bank teller just picking one.

In looking back at what had happened, I told my fiancee that it would be sixteen thousands pesos and then the bank charged her six thousand. So to some degree the word six played into part of the confusion and that is where she made the mistake. I know that it is not the bank tellers resonsibility to know, but there should be better clarification or some form of cross checking on the type of visa people are asking for and not the bank teller just picking one.

In my opinion, it is the bank responsibility to inform their teller or people assisting as to the kind of visas and its cost. With my experience I waited like 10 minutes before that guy went out of the office just to confirm the rates... It's just a good thing that I felt elated upon receiving my NOA2 and I worked in the same building, so I was patiently waiting. The people in the bank should know better.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I almost paid the wrong fee too because when I went to BPI they told me it's only $160 but since it's written in bold in the Packet 3 that the fee is $350, I made the teller review the rates and there he found how much the K1 fee really is.

She should just pay the balance. Contact the embassy if there's a way around this. If none, be careful next time then.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.