cubaqueen

Quantity of approval notices?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called NVC tonight and spoke to a rep that said that USCIS will send me more than one approval notice. The first one says my K-1 petition has been forwarded onto the consulate, while the second one says that my petition has been sent from USCIS to NVC.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is this true?

The rep also said that I should contact USCIS because since I didn't receive the second notice USCIS still has it and it hasn't been passed on to NVC yet.

Can anyone who has had their petitions sent to their embassies confirm this? It's for a K-1 also, so the path for a CR-1 or I-130 may differ.

Thanks,

S

Timeline

I called NVC tonight and spoke to a rep that said that USCIS will send me more than one approval notice. The first one says my K-1 petition has been forwarded onto the consulate, while the second one says that my petition has been sent from USCIS to NVC.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is this true?

The rep also said that I should contact USCIS because since I didn't receive the second notice USCIS still has it and it hasn't been passed on to NVC yet.

Can anyone who has had their petitions sent to their embassies confirm this? It's for a K-1 also, so the path for a CR-1 or I-130 may differ.

Thanks,

S

Your first letter which is called NOA1 will let you know that your petition for alien fiance has been accepted. Your second letter which is called NOA2 will say that your petition has been approved and forwarded to NVC. Once your petition is forwarded to NVC you will need to call them about any further information about your petition. NVC will send you a letter (does not always happen, I had to call them)stating that your paperwork has been sent to the consulate in Jamaica.

Once the consulate receives your paperwork they are supposed to send what is called a packet 3 (DS-230 form) to your fiance' to fill out and send back to the Embassy so they can schedule the interview. This is where it can get real frustrating because your fiance may never see the packet 3 and you or your fiance will have to request it from the embassy via email.

In a perfect world if you don't hit any road blocks, your fiance will receive the interview letter. At that time your fiance can schedule the medical exam and pay visa fees at NCB Bank.

There is a K-1 guide in the guide section of VJ and there is also alot of info in the K-1 forum. Good Luck

Timeline

Your first letter which is called NOA1 will let you know that your petition for alien fiance has been accepted. Your second letter which is called NOA2 will say that your petition has been approved and forwarded to NVC. Once your petition is forwarded to NVC you will need to call them about any further information about your petition. NVC will send you a letter (does not always happen, I had to call them)stating that your paperwork has been sent to the consulate in Jamaica.

Once the consulate receives your paperwork they are supposed to send what is called a packet 3 (DS-230 form) to your fiance' to fill out and send back to the Embassy so they can schedule the interview. This is where it can get real frustrating because your fiance may never see the packet 3 and you or your fiance will have to request it from the embassy via email.

In a perfect world if you don't hit any road blocks, your fiance will receive the interview letter. At that time your fiance can schedule the medical exam and pay visa fees at NCB Bank.

There is a K-1 guide in the guide section of VJ and there is also alot of info in the K-1 forum. Good Luck

No, my approval notice says that it has been forwarded to the consulate, not NVC. I have the NOA1 from March and the NOA2 from July, but when I called NVC the rep told me that I will have another notice that says forwarded to NVC. I already have the NOA2 but it says the consulate. Will USCIS send me another notice that says it is forwarded to NVC, even though they already said it has been forwarded to the consulate? That is the confusion that I got from the rep I spoke to. I'm already approved. I just don't know if I am supposed to see another approval notice after. That is what I was told.

Thanks!

Timeline

No, my approval notice says that it has been forwarded to the consulate, not NVC. I have the NOA1 from March and the NOA2 from July, but when I called NVC the rep told me that I will have another notice that says forwarded to NVC. I already have the NOA2 but it says the consulate. Will USCIS send me another notice that says it is forwarded to NVC, even though they already said it has been forwarded to the consulate? That is the confusion that I got from the rep I spoke to. I'm already approved. I just don't know if I am supposed to see another approval notice after. That is what I was told.

Thanks!

[/quote

Then it is at the Embassy in Jamaica and you need to contact them to see if the packet 3 has been sent to your fiance.

mailto:consularkingst@state.gov;kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!

No, USCIS will not send you another notice... however NVC will...

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks to you both. That rep sounded like a dummy. She didn't even mention K-1s when I spoke to her. When I told her that is what I had she said it stays for a short time at NVC but still insisted I contact USCIS for the second notice after she told me my notice was not an approval. It says approved on it. I will call them today. Hopefully I wont get any dummies this time, lol!

Take care.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I think there are some good and well-informed reps too. Give them a call today and I hope you will get different response. I got the NVC letter yesterday and the date on the letter is 11 days behind from the date that the NVC told me they received my petition from the USCIS. I think they don’t have a good way of communicating system.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

I think there are some good and well-informed reps too. Give them a call today and I hope you will get different response. I got the NVC letter yesterday and the date on the letter is 11 days behind from the date that the NVC told me they received my petition from the USCIS. I think they don’t have a good way of communicating system.

Good luck

Hi Love Eth,

I'm sorry if I seemed bitter. I was just having fun at the NVC's expense since they obviously didn't give me a correct answer. I did call back today and was told this time that if the letter says my petition is being forwarded to the consulate that I should contact the consulate directly and that it won't go through NVC. What do you think about the feasibility of that new response, lol. These people just crack me up. I'm glad you got your packet though. Woo hoo!

I think the back log at NVC might be because people are on summer vacation, and the only people that are there at the moment are the new employees that might not have the time for vacation. Therefore, we suffer at the slow processing and poor assistance. What do you think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Love Eth,

I'm sorry if I seemed bitter. I was just having fun at the NVC's expense since they obviously didn't give me a correct answer. I did call back today and was told this time that if the letter says my petition is being forwarded to the consulate that I should contact the consulate directly and that it won't go through NVC. What do you think about the feasibility of that new response, lol. These people just crack me up. I'm glad you got your packet though. Woo hoo!

I think the back log at NVC might be because people are on summer vacation, and the only people that are there at the moment are the new employees that might not have the time for vacation. Therefore, we suffer at the slow processing and poor assistance. What do you think?

The person you talked to is wrong. Your petition (and all petitions) go through NVC before being routed to the consulate. It has been taking almost a month (or more) for petitions to be logged in at NVC, and in some cases it is taking a long time for them to be shipped to the consulate. Hopefully they will receive your case soon at NVC. You can email or call them until you have a response. Usually once they tell you it has been received, it will be sent shortly after that to the consulate. Good luck in your process! :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The person you talked to is wrong. Your petition (and all petitions) go through NVC before being routed to the consulate. It has been taking almost a month (or more) for petitions to be logged in at NVC, and in some cases it is taking a long time for them to be shipped to the consulate. Hopefully they will receive your case soon at NVC. You can email or call them until you have a response. Usually once they tell you it has been received, it will be sent shortly after that to the consulate. Good luck in your process! :)

As far as I know this is the right route for the petition.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as I know this is the right route for the petition.

Good luck

not only the right route to the consulate... the ONLY route

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

not only the right route to the consulate... the ONLY route

You Right! The only Route is through NVC FIRST!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.