MelBee

New to the journey...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

And couldn't be more confused! This is so much information to take in and I don't know where to start. (But the flowchart helped ease my mind a lot) Long story short, my fiance and I met online in a chat room over 10 years ago when we were both kids. We've been talking online ever since. We finally met face to face in the U.S. in October of 2010 (I'm the U.S. citizen, he's from the UK). He's come to visit 5 times since then (we have tons of proof of meeting from pictures and such for later) and we got engaged in April. He'll be moving here with me once this is all said and done, but the whole process is pretty intimidating.

So, I've got the I-129F all filled out and waiting to be sent. But aren't there other forms to send at the same time? Like, the G-325A? And something proving financial support? Some places mention these, but never go into detail, while some never mention them. Please don't get upset, I just want to make sure we do this right the first time. So, basically...what do I put in the envelope when I send the I-129F? Or will I need to worry about the other forms later down the road?

Any advise is welcome! And a huge congrats to everyone on here that's done this and had complete success! And thanks for any help you can give. =]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

And couldn't be more confused! This is so much information to take in and I don't know where to start. (But the flowchart helped ease my mind a lot) Long story short, my fiance and I met online in a chat room over 10 years ago when we were both kids. We've been talking online ever since. We finally met face to face in the U.S. in October of 2010 (I'm the U.S. citizen, he's from the UK). He's come to visit 5 times since then (we have tons of proof of meeting from pictures and such for later) and we got engaged in April. He'll be moving here with me once this is all said and done, but the whole process is pretty intimidating.

So, I've got the I-129F all filled out and waiting to be sent. But aren't there other forms to send at the same time? Like, the G-325A? And something proving financial support? Some places mention these, but never go into detail, while some never mention them. Please don't get upset, I just want to make sure we do this right the first time. So, basically...what do I put in the envelope when I send the I-129F? Or will I need to worry about the other forms later down the road?

Any advise is welcome! And a huge congrats to everyone on here that's done this and had complete success! And thanks for any help you can give. =]

Why don't yall get married then file for the spousal visa it is way easier and a lot cheaper in the long run

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you found the flowchart then you should have also found the K1 visa guide. If not, click on "Guides" in the menu bar at the top of the page, and then look for "K1 Visa Guide". Click on it and read. The answers to all your questions are there.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

You don't need to worry about financial support at the stage in the race.

I-129f

G325- for you and him. Passport photos of you and him attached to yours and his g325.

Letter of intent to marry within 90days of entry into the US signed by you and him. So there will be two letters.

Cover letter

Evidence of meeting within two years of filing your petition. Plane ticket subs, copies of passport entry stamps, hotel receipts. Photos are secondary evidence, make sure you have the date stamps on them, if you don't put a sticker on the back of each photo wi the date and place you were at the time of the photo.

Read the guide, example forms of cover letter and letter of intent is in there. Make it look the same and you should be good. We also added a letter of how we meet. Like a written timeline of our meeting a relationship all the way up to filing the petition.

The financial support will need to be given at the time of the interview.

Read the guides, I did, and now my wife is here with me.

John

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; it seems intimidating, but if you read the guides a couple of times, you'll notice that it isn't that hard.

too much information in the beginning, but just read them through and you know what to do :thumbs:

If you have any questions after reading the Guides, don't hestitate to ask :star:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just read and follow the guide line for the I-129f and it gives you all information you need, and also you can bring your question to this forum so that you can get very detail answer from members that have passed through

Good luck

Edited by Love Eth

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.