9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancees internet in the Philippines where she lives is not so great (barley will open an email.. LOL) so I have done most of the documents for her, but the DS-160 requires her "digital signature" Me being in the world of computer sicence I know that the location of where the "digital signature" originates can be detected and logged. So I know I can't do it for her in the US and it say that she must be the one to do it, but I want to print out the forms after she signs it.

So my question is: Once she reviews the information, and then signs it herself, can we log back in at a later time and print the paper copy for the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi hope someone who finished their interview can share you about this..I am also having my interview next week but dont have that DS-160 as I have known that is not needed for a k1 fiance visa..so dont do it myself..

Timeline

My fiancees internet in the Philippines where she lives is not so great (barley will open an email.. LOL) so I have done most of the documents for her, but the DS-160 requires her "digital signature" Me being in the world of computer sicence I know that the location of where the "digital signature" originates can be detected and logged. So I know I can't do it for her in the US and it say that she must be the one to do it, but I want to print out the forms after she signs it.

So my question is: Once she reviews the information, and then signs it herself, can we log back in at a later time and print the paper copy for the interview?

I had my interview last july 19th. DS 160 is not included for K1. They need 2 ds 156, 2 ds 157 and 1 ds 156k. Goodluck!

Edited by Mhayonaise

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

DS-160 is for immigrant applicants only. K1 is non-immigrant. No need for that :)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

DS-160 is for immigrant applicants only. K1 is non-immigrant. No need for that :)

Ok, now I am really confused…. All of you are saying that I don’t need to do a DS-160, but if you go to Manila embassy website here, http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html it says….

DS-160 Online Visa Application Form

All nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to complete and submit an online visa application form known as the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. The DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application has replaced nonimmigrant visa paper application forms DS-156/157/158, and other related paper forms.

I still did those forms and for sure will bring them with me to the interview. Looks like to me the procedures are changing…….

Timeline

Hi hope someone who finished their interview can share you about this..I am also having my interview next week but dont have that DS-160 as I have known that is not needed for a k1 fiance visa..so dont do it myself..

Ok, now I am really confused…. All of you are saying that I don’t need to do a DS-160, but if you go to Manila embassy website here, http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html it says….

DS-160 Online Visa Application Form

All nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to complete and submit an online visa application form known as the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. The DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application has replaced nonimmigrant visa paper application forms DS-156/157/158, and other related paper forms.

I still did those forms and for sure will bring them with me to the interview. Looks like to me the procedures are changing…….

Timeline

My wife took the DS-160 to the Embassy and they trashed it and gave her the 156 to fill out while she waited.

See the link here, it tells you what you need: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

Edited by DaveE111

Timeline

My wife took the DS-160 to the Embassy and they trashed it and gave her the 156 to fill out while she waited.

See the link here, it tells you what you need: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

Thanks Dave, This seems so typical of a government agency that they instruct you to do one thing but when it comes to the end they want something else. LOL. I finally found where it says that a 156 is required rather than a DS-160 here at the very bottom of this page.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

I also notice that in making the online appointment for a K-1 visa, a K-1 is in the immigrant category and not the nonimmigrant category. OMG!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.