Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Here's my update. I called the USCIS again today. The lady kinda scolded me for calling again. Everytime I call they say some version of you were just approved on October 31, why are you calling again? Oh well. The lady said that she's been getting lots of phone calls on the I-129Fs today and I told her that it was probably because we are all hoping to be with our fiances by Christmas. I made her check anyways and she said our case was mailed to the NVC this morning. Then she told me not to call the NVC for a couple weeks. I will wait 1 or maybe 1.5 weeks before I call. I guess they're just not very sympathetic to the fact that by the time we get our NOA2 we have already been waiting a very long time. Anyways, it was only 1.5 weeks before they mailed out my notice to the NVC so that's not too bad. They way things are going maybe I still have a chance at being with my love by Christmas!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Here's my update. I called the USCIS again today. The lady kinda scolded me for calling again. Everytime I call they say some version of you were just approved on October 31, why are you calling again? Oh well. The lady said that she's been getting lots of phone calls on the I-129Fs today and I told her that it was probably because we are all hoping to be with our fiances by Christmas. I made her check anyways and she said our case was mailed to the NVC this morning. Then she told me not to call the NVC for a couple weeks. I will wait 1 or maybe 1.5 weeks before I call. I guess they're just not very sympathetic to the fact that by the time we get our NOA2 we have already been waiting a very long time. Anyways, it was only 1.5 weeks before they mailed out my notice to the NVC so that's not too bad. They way things are going maybe I still have a chance at being with my love by Christmas!

Congrats, that's wonderful!! I doubt it will take you a week to get to the NVC, mine only took two days! I would call on Thursday or Friday :) they don't get mad at you at the NVC for calling :) Keep us posted! You just might be together for Christmas! :thumbs:

Timeline:

5/2/07 - Mailed petition to Nebraska Service Center

5/7/07 - Received Petition in Nebraska

5/30/07 - NOA1 - Petition at CSC

9/19/07 - Approved!! NOA2 - 140 days from filing!!!

9/24/07 - Hardcopy NOA2 received

10/29/07 - Sent to NVC - 40 Days from NOA2

10/31/07 - Case received at NVC - Happy Halloween!

11/02/07 - Case left NVC - Yay!

11/08/07 - Case received in Bucharest - picked up Packet 3 from embassy

11/09/07 - Received NVC Letter

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/19/07 - Interview - success! Visa in hand!

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/2/08 - Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

2/8/08 - Received all 3 NOA1's

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/18/08 - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered

3/24/08 - Received AP in the mail

3/25/08 - EAD card sent in the mail

3/27/08 - EAD received

9/19/08 - Received interview letter - FINALLY!!!

10/17/08 - Interview 11am

10/27/08 - Card Production Ordered

Timeline

that's good news that they sent the papers after 1.5 weeks..you're on track! i think there is a big chance for you to be there by christmas! :yes: i wish that coud happen for us too! :crying:

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

good news :) once its at the NVC it doesnt take long to get to Bucharest. I believe mine and Edis was mailed out 2-4 days after arriving to NVC to Bucharest.

You are almost there. :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Just writing to ask ya'll to keep us in your prayers tomorrow for my fiance's interview in Bucharest!! I am so nervous and excited and scared. I'm having SUCH the hard time trying to focus at work today :wacko::huh:

The medical went fine today and my fiance even got to meet MusicGirl's fiance while they were both there for their medicals! :lol:

His interview is at 1 pm his time/6 AM my time; so at least I won't be in agony all day tomorrow. I am going to stay home from work tomorrow until I hear some GOOD NEWS!!!! :yes:

“Why do the righteous suffer?” someone asked C.S. Lewis. He replied: “They are the only ones that can handle it.”

K-1 Visa:

May 4, 2007: Filed I 129-F at CSC

May 24, 2007: NOA 1

Sept. 20, 2007: APPROVAL NOA 2 !!! (Day 139)

Sept. 24, 2007: Hard copy NOA 2 received in mail

Oct. 25, 2007: Papers arrived at NVC

Oct. 29, 2007: Papers left NVC: enroute to Bucharest YAY!!

Nov. 2, 2007: Packet 3 mailed from embassy

Nov. 8, 2007: Packet 3 received, medical and interview scheduled by phone

Nov. 12, 2007: Medical appointment completed

Nov. 13, 2007: Interview in Bucharest: VISA APPROVED!!

JANUARY 12, 2008: THE WEDDING

AOS:

Dec.31, 2007: Filed AOS/EAD/AP via mail

Jan. 30, 2008: Biometrics appointment

March 11, 2008: EAD/travel document approval via email

Case transferred to CSC (date unknown)

May 12, 2008: AOS approval email!!

May 22, 2008: Green card received

Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. (W. Shakespeare)

Timeline

Salutari din Beaverton,Oregon!!!

Cory&Vik(Romania&Romania) :dance:

2006-10-16 - Mailed out I-129

2006-10-24 - Received NOA1 from CSC

2007-01-24 - NOA2 - Approved !!! - Yes!

2007-01-30 - NOA2 - arrived in the mail

2007-02-01 - NVC - Receipt Confirmation date

2007-02-05 - NVC - Receipt arrived in the mail. Case number assigned.

2007-02-09 - Receive at US Emassy - Bucharest - Romania

2007-02-12 - Packet 3 received in the mail

2007-02-14 - Packet 3 shipped back to Embassy

2007-02-23 - Medical exam - Done

2007-02-28 - Visa Interview - VISA in hand ...

2007-04-22 - We broke up

2007-06-16 - Decided to give the 2nd chance

2007-07-02 - Arrival in the US - POE - Denver Intl Airport

2007-09-29 - We've got married!

2007-10-15 - AOS-EAD-AP mailed out

2007-10-25 - NOA

2007-11-29 - Biometrics appointment - DONE!

2007-12-20 - AP - received

2007-12-27 - EAD card received

2007-12-28 - Apply for SSN

--- troubles with EAD verification for SSN----

2007-02-14 - SSN Received

2008-03-11 - AOS Interview - Passed - Green card in the mail within a month

Timeline

Hello everybody! I`m really glad to find other Romanians around here. Me and my boyfriend started the K1 process and we`re currently waiting for NOA2 from CSC. Only 104 days have passed from NOA1 so we still have about at least a month to wait :( . Anyway, nice to see that we`re not the only ones going through this. Good luck and we`ll keep our fingers crossed for everybody :star: !

Timeline

Hang in there Laura_Z and Danca. Think positive. Things seem to go pretty fast after the NOA2. Good luck on the interview Pedsgirl! You're going to be with your fiance so soon! That's kinda funny that your your fiances met at the medical. Hello and welcome to everyone else.

Timeline
Hang in there Laura_Z and Danca. Think positive. Things seem to go pretty fast after the NOA2. Good luck on the interview Pedsgirl! You're going to be with your fiance so soon! That's kinda funny that your your fiances met at the medical. Hello and welcome to everyone else.

I know, isn't that funny about our fiances? Talk about a small world! I called Florin last night and he said, you'll never guess who is sitting next to me! :lol:

Lots of luck and good wishes to pedsgirl's fiance! I know he will do just fine! :thumbs:

Florin is taking his checklist to the embassy in about an hour and a half...I'm crossing my fingers that they will give him an interview this week. I want him here by Thanksgiving! It would certainly be something to be thankful for :)

I'll keep you guys posted!

Bine aţi venit Danca si Cory si Vik :)

Timeline:

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/27/08 - EAD received

Filed: Timeline

I know, isn't that funny about our fiances? Talk about a small world! I called Florin last night and he said, you'll never guess who is sitting next to me! :lol:

Lots of luck and good wishes to pedsgirl's fiance! I know he will do just fine! :thumbs:

Florin is taking his checklist to the embassy in about an hour and a half...I'm crossing my fingers that they will give him an interview this week. I want him here by Thanksgiving! It would certainly be something to be thankful for :)

Hi - I will be thinking of you both pedsgirl and musicgirl, may you spend the Thanksgiving with your fiances. Fingers crossed, you will be fine. I wish you all the best. Succes and bafta.

Timeline

Thank you,Musicgirl0912!Congrats for medical exam!!! :thumbs:

C&V

2006-10-16 - Mailed out I-129

2006-10-24 - Received NOA1 from CSC

2007-01-24 - NOA2 - Approved !!! - Yes!

2007-01-30 - NOA2 - arrived in the mail

2007-02-01 - NVC - Receipt Confirmation date

2007-02-05 - NVC - Receipt arrived in the mail. Case number assigned.

2007-02-09 - Receive at US Emassy - Bucharest - Romania

2007-02-12 - Packet 3 received in the mail

2007-02-14 - Packet 3 shipped back to Embassy

2007-02-23 - Medical exam - Done

2007-02-28 - Visa Interview - VISA in hand ...

2007-04-22 - We broke up

2007-06-16 - Decided to give the 2nd chance

2007-07-02 - Arrival in the US - POE - Denver Intl Airport

2007-09-29 - We've got married!

2007-10-15 - AOS-EAD-AP mailed out

2007-10-25 - NOA

2007-11-29 - Biometrics appointment - DONE!

2007-12-20 - AP - received

2007-12-27 - EAD card received

2007-12-28 - Apply for SSN

--- troubles with EAD verification for SSN----

2007-02-14 - SSN Received

2008-03-11 - AOS Interview - Passed - Green card in the mail within a month

Timeline

YAY!!!! My fiance has his interview on November 19th! :dance::dance::dance: If all goes well he will fly here on Wednesday the 21st, just in time for Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe it! After all this time we are finally going to be together (L)

I wish everyone lots of luck this week! You guys are next! I am sure you will be with your fiances by Christmas :luv:

So, I noticed something very strange....there must be something special about the 19th for me and Florin. Check this out:

Florin officially proposed to me on April 19th

Our NOA2 was approved on September 19th

Florin's interview is November 19th

Our wedding date is January 19th

FREAKY!!! :blink:

Timeline:

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/27/08 - EAD received

Timeline
YAY!!!! My fiance has his interview on November 19th! :dance::dance::dance: If all goes well he will fly here on Wednesday the 21st, just in time for Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe it! After all this time we are finally going to be together (L)

I wish everyone lots of luck this week! You guys are next! I am sure you will be with your fiances by Christmas :luv:

So, I noticed something very strange....there must be something special about the 19th for me and Florin. Check this out:

Congratulations!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats on the interview, dont worry it goes smooth :)

and 19 must be your lucky number :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.