Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Congrats JesNSteph. The embassy signed for our Packet 3 on 11/29, but when we called today they told us they don't have it in their department yet and to call back on Monday :( Oh well, 1 more weekend isn't going to kill us. Hopefully we can set it up Monday. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will still be some time slots open on Dec 6 and you our SO's can meet.

Lari_l The process goes surprisingly faster from here on. The service center will forward it the the NVC (which is the slowest part), then the NVC has it for a couple days and assigns a case number and mails it to the Embassy. Then the Embassy send you a packet, which you sign and return to them. Then you can set up your appointment. It has been about a month since we were approved and we are close to getting an interview date.

Thank you for the information, good luck and please keep us posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Hi! Nobody from Romania is waiting for Noa2 at the moment? Are we the only ones :huh: ?

I'm waiting for Noa2.. actually I never got NOA1 but the check has been cashed.. I gues the Noa1 got lost in the mail...

September 18,2007 ---> Sent I-129F to California Service Center

September 20 ---> USCIS sent out a recepit(NOA1)

I never received the envelop with NOA1..( I think it got lost)

September 24 ---> Check Cashed

September 25 ---> TOUCHED

December 4 ---> I called USCIS and they gave me the receipt number...

FEBRUARY 7, 2008 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!! 142 days from filling date.

February 22, 2008 NVC RECEIVED OUR PETITION. YEY

February 26, 2008 Was sent out to the embassy. OMG!!!

February 28,2008 PETITION DELIVERED IN BUCHAREST AT THE EMBASSY.

February 29,2008 Police Certificate

March 6 Received packet 3

March 20 Interview

MARCH 20 VISA IN HAND

April 5,2008 US ENTRY

April 21,2008 Applied for SSN

April 29,2008 SSN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

MAY 24 2008 WEDDING DAY !!!!!

June 11,2008 SENT THE PAPERS FOR AOS!

June 17 2008 NOA 1

July 10 2008 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

September 17 AOS Papers transferred to CALIFORNIA.

October 13 EAD APROVAL.

October 20 2008 Received EAD CARD in Mail. YEY

JANUARY 15, 2009 AOS APPROVAL!

NOVEMBER 2010 REMOVING CONDITIONS.

11/08/2010 sent packet to California

11/20/2010 NOA1

01/31/2011 Biometric Appointment

03/11/2011 RFE

05/11/2011 APPROVED.

05/16/2011 RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL. :)

DONE :-]

Congrats JesNSteph. The embassy signed for our Packet 3 on 11/29, but when we called today they told us they don't have it in their department yet and to call back on Monday :( Oh well, 1 more weekend isn't going to kill us. Hopefully we can set it up Monday. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will still be some time slots open on Dec 6 and you our SO's can meet.

Lari_l The process goes surprisingly faster from here on. The service center will forward it the the NVC (which is the slowest part), then the NVC has it for a couple days and assigns a case number and mails it to the Embassy. Then the Embassy send you a packet, which you sign and return to them. Then you can set up your appointment. It has been about a month since we were approved and we are close to getting an interview date.

CherryBlossoms hi, I have another question: is there anything we can do in the meantime? any documents we can prepare? Thank you.

Timeline

Hello Geostefan and nice to meet you... . No news on your Noa1 yet? Did you try calling them or something? It`s weird! And lari_l CONGRATULATIONS! I`m really jealous! But we should get our Noa2 any day now so I`ll get over it :) !Good luck to everybody!

Hello Geostefan and nice to meet you... . No news on your Noa1 yet? Did you try calling them or something? It`s weird! And lari_l CONGRATULATIONS! I`m really jealous! But we should get our Noa2 any day now so I`ll get over it :) !Good luck to everybody!

Thank you and I wish a speedy process to all of you. Keep in touch.

Timeline

CherryBlossoms hi, I have another question: is there anything we can do in the meantime? any documents we can prepare? Thank you.

You can start preparing your I-134 Affidavit of Support. Here is the link to the form: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

You will need to send this to your fiance for the interview. I started ahead of time. You have to get a notarized letter from your employer, I orded my tax transcripts from the IRS (they're free, but take 5-10 business days to receive), gathered other financial documents as proof of all of the assets I was listing on the form. Then you have to get the form notarized. You can also start gathering your proof on ongoing relationship (from the time you filed until the present) Make sure you have everything before you send it because I sent it USPS Global Guranteed mail and it cost me about $100 and got there in 5 days. Your fiance can start gathering the stuff he needs. Police certificates from the cities he has lived in. Make sure his passport is valid for at least 6 more months. Copy of his birth certificate. More passport size photos (I'm not sure how many more, I think my fiance made 8 more) for the interview and medical. Once the embassy receives your application they will forward you a packet with a checklist and a form to sign and return to them before you can set up your appointment. I hope this helps. If anyone can think of anything I missed please chime in. Good luck.

Timeline
Hi! Nobody from Romania is waiting for Noa2 at the moment? Are we the only ones :huh: ?

I'm waiting for Noa2.. actually I never got NOA1 but the check has been cashed.. I gues the Noa1 got lost in the mail...

Look on the back of your check that they cashed. Your receipt number will be on there. It should start with WAC and then some numbers. Once you have this you should be able to set up an account on the USCIS website to track your progress. The NOA1 isn't really an important document. All you need from it is your receipt number. Here is the number for the USCIS if you want to call 800-375-5283.

You can start preparing your I-134 Affidavit of Support. Here is the link to the form: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

You will need to send this to your fiance for the interview. I started ahead of time. You have to get a notarized letter from your employer, I orded my tax transcripts from the IRS (they're free, but take 5-10 business days to receive), gathered other financial documents as proof of all of the assets I was listing on the form. Then you have to get the form notarized. You can also start gathering your proof on ongoing relationship (from the time you filed until the present) Make sure you have everything before you send it because I sent it USPS Global Guranteed mail and it cost me about $100 and got there in 5 days. Your fiance can start gathering the stuff he needs. Police certificates from the cities he has lived in. Make sure his passport is valid for at least 6 more months. Copy of his birth certificate. More passport size photos (I'm not sure how many more, I think my fiance made 8 more) for the interview and medical. Once the embassy receives your application they will forward you a packet with a checklist and a form to sign and return to them before you can set up your appointment. I hope this helps. If anyone can think of anything I missed please chime in. Good luck.

Thanks, we will start doing these things, great advice. Did your fiance need to have some vaccines done? Sorry, questions keep popping to my mind.

Timeline

Look on the back of your check that they cashed. Your receipt number will be on there. It should start with WAC and then some numbers. Once you have this you should be able to set up an account on the USCIS website to track your progress. The NOA1 isn't really an important document. All you need from it is your receipt number. Here is the number for the USCIS if you want to call 800-375-5283.

Thanks for ur answer.. actually I don't have a receit number.. I sent money order and in order for me to get a receit I have to go to western union where I got the money order from which is in Chicago.. But now I'm in Romania so I can't do anything.. In a few days I will have 90 days since I applied and I will call USCIS.

September 18,2007 ---> Sent I-129F to California Service Center

September 20 ---> USCIS sent out a recepit(NOA1)

I never received the envelop with NOA1..( I think it got lost)

September 24 ---> Check Cashed

September 25 ---> TOUCHED

December 4 ---> I called USCIS and they gave me the receipt number...

FEBRUARY 7, 2008 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!! 142 days from filling date.

February 22, 2008 NVC RECEIVED OUR PETITION. YEY

February 26, 2008 Was sent out to the embassy. OMG!!!

February 28,2008 PETITION DELIVERED IN BUCHAREST AT THE EMBASSY.

February 29,2008 Police Certificate

March 6 Received packet 3

March 20 Interview

MARCH 20 VISA IN HAND

April 5,2008 US ENTRY

April 21,2008 Applied for SSN

April 29,2008 SSN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

MAY 24 2008 WEDDING DAY !!!!!

June 11,2008 SENT THE PAPERS FOR AOS!

June 17 2008 NOA 1

July 10 2008 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

September 17 AOS Papers transferred to CALIFORNIA.

October 13 EAD APROVAL.

October 20 2008 Received EAD CARD in Mail. YEY

JANUARY 15, 2009 AOS APPROVAL!

NOVEMBER 2010 REMOVING CONDITIONS.

11/08/2010 sent packet to California

11/20/2010 NOA1

01/31/2011 Biometric Appointment

03/11/2011 RFE

05/11/2011 APPROVED.

05/16/2011 RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL. :)

DONE :-]

Timeline

I think you take your prior medical records to the medical exam. There they will tell you if you need more vaccinations. If you do, I think they give it to you at the medical exam. I'm not sure though. JesNSteph- Sorry I don't know the answer to your question since I didn't fill out that form. Our interview is on the 6th as well. So maybe our SO's will meet. My fiances appointment is at 1 PM. Does anybody know how early you are supposed to arrive for your interview? What time are you going to go there JesNSteph?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

We are approved, she said the interiew was long and kinda sucky most couples hads 2 -3 questions and she ended up there for 20 minutes. We got approved tho!!!!!!

1PM :) Let's hope its a day of many gifts from St Nick!!!

Hi Both, I wish you good luck, fingers crossed and we look forward to receiving news from you. Saint Nicholas brings wonderful presents.

Timeline
We are approved, she said the interiew was long and kinda sucky most couples hads 2 -3 questions and she ended up there for 20 minutes. We got approved tho!!!!!!

1PM :) Let's hope its a day of many gifts from St Nick!!!

Hi Both, I wish you good luck, fingers crossed and we look forward to receiving news from you. Saint Nicholas brings wonderful presents.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.