Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

found u! anyone around here still waiting for NOA2? in barca mea, adica...

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Is the threat still alive? :blink:

quick question...

My wife got her ap approved and I was wondering about the following:

When she left Romania she left on the k1 visa, she had a "valid" visa, but now the k1 visa expired and we are in the middle of our AOS process. Her AP was approved, and we have received it. We were wondering what's going to happen when she leaves out of Romania---Will she need another visa, though she has the AP?

thank to all!

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey, I'm Romanian also, my fiance is American. We've been together almost 4 years, now we're applying for K1. He's military, stationed in the beautiful state of Hawaii, where I'll be joining him after my K1 gets approved. I'm from Bucharest.

Nice to meet you all!

Hey, I'm Romanian also, my fiance is American. We've been together almost 4 years, now we're applying for K1. He's military, stationed in the beautiful state of Hawaii, where I'll be joining him after my K1 gets approved. I'm from Bucharest.

Nice to meet you all!

Bafta !

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Nice to meet you all!

Bafta !

Sa fie, multumesc :)

• 3 months later...
buna dimineata din louisiana :) voi in ce stat sunteti?

ati avut interviul deja??

gabby

Hei si eu in louisiana...slidell..close to new orleans.Tocmai mi-am luat greed cardul

De cat timp esti pe aici?Ai idee de vreo firma.web site...care angajeaza translatori...nativi Romanian...n-am certificare..dar ma gandesc ca nu-s prea multi romani pe aici oricum...

ai idee despre asa ceva?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Hei si eu in louisiana...slidell..close to new orleans.Tocmai mi-am luat greed cardul

De cat timp esti pe aici?Ai idee de vreo firma.web site...care angajeaza translatori...nativi Romanian...n-am certificare..dar ma gandesc ca nu-s prea multi romani pe aici oricum...

ai idee despre asa ceva?

E o nisa de piata foarte limitata, nu e bine sa te orientezi doar pe ea (asta cu traducerile).

Fa-ti conturi pe monster, pe careerbuilder, pe efinancialcareers, si trimite zilnic CVuri. Chestia asta cu cautatul job-ului trebuie privita ca un job in sine. Trimite cel putin zece CVuri pe zi, la pozitii entry level, o sa se iveasca ceva. Si eu caut, trimit zilnic, am si un MBA facut aici, la o scoala foarte modesta, si fac si un program de certificare in analiza financiara. Trimit CVuri in fiecare zi, cel putin 5, si pana acum n-am primit decat reply-uri de la firme de asigurari, sa ma fac agent de asigurari si sa-mi dezvolt propria afacere, sau refuzuri. Nu ma intereseaza sectorul asta, asa ca insist pe ce vreau eu. Din zecile, sutele de joburi, doar unul e pentru mine, o gasesc eu si slujba asta.

Gandeste pozitiv si persevereaza, o sa reusesti. Econmia da semne ca se redreseaza, fii inaintea curbei, trimite CVuri toata ziua!

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

hi evreybody

we're stephen and miha. I'm from Charleston, SC (anyone around?) and miha is from Brasov (living in Bucharest). we're going to send our I-129F on Nov. I have a bit of a probleme here. I'm still in Romania and I overstayed my visa with 17 months. has anyone been or heard of a similar situtation? I just hope I won't get an interdiction... I want to come back for christmas... thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
hi evreybody

we're stephen and miha. I'm from Charleston, SC (anyone around?) and miha is from Brasov (living in Bucharest). we're going to send our I-129F on Nov. I have a bit of a probleme here. I'm still in Romania and I overstayed my visa with 17 months. has anyone been or heard of a similar situtation? I just hope I won't get an interdiction... I want to come back for christmas... thanks

They will give you a paper when you are at the customs in romania on your way back to the US....showing you overstayed and the amount you will have to pay when you go back to romania. I overstayed my visa by 2 months and i had to pay 8 million LEI, at that time was $200. I got back in romania just fine, but when i tried to leave again, i was stopped and told i overstayed my visa last time i was in romania, and i owe the fee or i can not leave the country.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
:) Chicago here

I am from Cluj-Napoca and my husband from Slatina (o ardeleanca si un oltean :wacko: )

hehe wow interesting combo, I am from Cluj-Napoca and my fiance from Vilcea (ardelean si olteanca) haha

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.