EasternDE

French/American Couples - Part II - 2011

3,008 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Oui je suis plutôt d'accord ça remet bien les choses en place et on apprend à patienter. De toute façon on savait à quoi s'attendre.

Cela m'amène à poser une question. Il me semble avoir vu sur le forum que durant le processus du visa, il était déconseillé de se rendre au États-Unis ou alors de bien justifier, dès l'arrivée, sa bonne foi de retourner en France... Est-ce que cela est toujours d'actualité ou peut-on se rendre aux US sans problèmes? Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà vécu cette situation?

Pareil ici, j'ai fait deux ou trois aller retour en attendant le NOA2, et je n'ai jamais eu aucun problèmes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Bon c'est plutôt une bonne nouvelle! Merci pour les infos! :)

ps: désolé je n'avais pas vu ce topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Cela m'a aussi fait penser à un film que nous avions vu qui traite exactement du sujet, "Like Crazy" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758692/).

Edited by JM&K

Timeline

PLEASE HELP ME.

I am so confused. Last Thursday (9/27) I (USC) received my NOA2 in the mail for my K-1 visa. Today I got an envelope from "ministere de la justice et des libertes" in France. In the envelope was three identical pieces of paper. They were labeled BULLETIN NUMERO 3. And stated BULLETIN DELIVRE LE 28/09/2012 applicable à (my Fiance's name, birthdate, and birthplace). It was addressed to me, but with his name first. Then it said "Relevé des condamnations devant figurer au bulletin n3 en application de l'art. 777 du code de procedure penale. Then at the bottom it says "En l'absence de condamnation devant figurer au bulletin n3, celui-ci ne comporte qu'une barre transversale"

Has anyone received this, and can you please help me to understand this, I'm so confused and freaking out something might be wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

PLEASE HELP ME.

I am so confused. Last Thursday (9/27) I (USC) received my NOA2 in the mail for my K-1 visa. Today I got an envelope from "ministere de la justice et des libertes" in France. In the envelope was three identical pieces of paper. They were labeled BULLETIN NUMERO 3. And stated BULLETIN DELIVRE LE 28/09/2012 applicable à (my Fiance's name, birthdate, and birthplace). It was addressed to me, but with his name first. Then it said "Relevé des condamnations devant figurer au bulletin n3 en application de l'art. 777 du code de procedure penale. Then at the bottom it says "En l'absence de condamnation devant figurer au bulletin n3, celui-ci ne comporte qu'une barre transversale"

Has anyone received this, and can you please help me to understand this, I'm so confused and freaking out something might be wrong.

These are the French police records. You got it because your fiancé ordered it to the French authorities. It is needed for the interview at the embassy. It was sent to you because your fiancé probably gave them your address.

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Timeline

These are the French police records. You got it because your fiancé ordered it to the French authorities. It is needed for the interview at the embassy. It was sent to you because your fiancé probably gave them your address.

Thank you so much. I started googling it after, and I had a feeling it might be it, and my fiance sent it to my house by mistake.

THANK YOU! I had a minor freakout that something was actually wrong when I saw who it was from.

Timeline

Sigh... How many of us are close to heart attacks... LOL

Bon sinon tant mieux que vous pouvez faire des va et vients US/France! Rater ma correspondance, je crois que je les pilerais s'ils me faisaient ça. Je préfère attendre car ils ont tendance à m'énerver avec leurs questions.

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Timeline

I just got a letter from the NVC stating that my case will be forwarded to the Paris Embassy within this next week. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for the embassy to process my visa petition, and then schedule my fiance's visa appointment? As in, would he get a letter stating he has a visa appointment in a month, or is it typically more (or less time).

Hope that makes sense. Thank you as always ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I just got a letter from the NVC stating that my case will be forwarded to the Paris Embassy within this next week. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for the embassy to process my visa petition, and then schedule my fiance's visa appointment? As in, would he get a letter stating he has a visa appointment in a month, or is it typically more (or less time).

Hope that makes sense. Thank you as always ;)

Be prepare to be patient again. Your fiance will receive a first letter from the embassy called Packet 3. Please, re-read my post here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/320498-frenchamerican-couples-part-ii-2011/page__view__findpost__p__5714670

Your timeline until the interview depends in part from you and your fiance.

After you guys are ready and have all the documents, your fiance will send a document saying he is ready (DS-2001, included in Packet 3). After that, wait a few weeks until your fiance receives the Packet 4 (second letter fro the embassy, basically saying when is the interview date).

Be ready for a wait of about 2 months until the interview, if you guys are well-prepared.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi folks,

Anyone out there knows about processing times about AOS? Apparently my case is at the California Service Center, and the USCIS website indicates - argh!- an average processing time of 19.1 months. Any personal experience on the matter?

Thanks,

Francois

Timeline

My fiancee just received the Packet 3. I've been helping her but we have a couple questions:

• Do we only send back the D-230 (part 1) and D-2001 right now? I know we bring the birth certificate and other documents to the interview, but what about the D-156/D-157?
  • On the D-2001, what is her case #? Is it her A number or the NVC number?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi folks,

Anyone out there knows about processing times about AOS? Apparently my case is at the California Service Center, and the USCIS website indicates - argh!- an average processing time of 19.1 months. Any personal experience on the matter?

Thanks,

Francois

Where did you see that it's 19.1 months at CSC? The I-485 timeline for marriage based cases at CSC is not listed on their website. I would say by reading the forums the most is close to a year (go read the AOS forums, there are topic for AOS transferees for each month: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/). Start inquire and shaking the USCIS when you're past 6 months at CSC. If nothing moves, contact your senator or congressman.

CSC is overloaded, but the good thing is that they stopped transferring cases at CSC starting last August 1st. Your case will most likely be interview-waived (even if there's still a tiny little chance your case be transferred to your local USCIS office), but your waiting time is long.

My fiancee just received the Packet 3. I've been helping her but we have a couple questions:

• Do we only send back the D-230 (part 1) and D-2001 right now? I know we bring the birth certificate and other documents to the interview, but what about the D-156/D-157?
  • On the D-2001, what is her case #? Is it her A number or the NVC number?

Thanks!

Yes, only the DS-230 Part I, and the DS-2001 have to be sent back, but ONLY if your fiancee have all the other documents ready with her. Other documents have to be brought at the interview.

Please visit this link, there are all the infos: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

Her case number is her PRS number (NVC number). A A# is an alien number and stays the same for life. It's like a "big number" while a case number is a "smaller" number, meaning it's only about her K-1 application.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.